Death and Funeral of Prince Friso: August 12 and 16, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe but whenever the man is discussed in depth from now it will be invariably brought up.

I am shocked by his death. Yesterday I learnt about it (I was since sunday in hospital).

Poor poor Mabel, it is unbelievable hard to become widow at this early age. And poor Luana and Zaria. They have to cope with the fact that their father will never take part in their first dates, to get known to their friends, won't know what job they will do,... I hope for this three that they will soon be able to cope with the loss.

Last night I thought a lot about Friso's death. Maybe there will be one day the Prince Friso Foundation (managed by Mabel and then by his daughters) which helps people in the same situation.

Poor Friso, you lost your life too early. But rest in peace and be a guardian angel for your family.

In the last time sometimes I had thoughts what it would be like when he would have woke up from coma and were healthy. He had to learn that his brother is now king, that his cousin Maria-Carolina has married, that his cousin Floris had a son, that his cousin Jaime is now engaged.

Sorry for the mess this post is.

I am shocked by his death. Yesterday I learnt about it (I was since sunday in hospital).

Poor poor Mabel, it is unbelievable hard to become widow at this early age. And poor Luana and Zaria. They have to cope with the fact that their father will never take part in their first dates, to get known to their friends, won't know what job they will do,... I hope for this three that they will soon be able to cope with the loss.

Last night I thought a lot about Friso's death. Maybe there will be one day the Prince Friso Foundation (managed by Mabel and then by his daughters) which helps people in the same situation.

Poor Friso, you lost your life too early. But rest in peace and be a guardian angel for your family.

In the last time sometimes I had thoughts what it would be like when he would have woke up from coma and were healthy. He had to learn that his brother is now king, that his cousin Maria-Carolina has married, that his cousin Floris had a son, that his cousin Jaime is now engaged.

Sorry for the mess this post is.

You have written a very moving comment.:flowers:

Somehow this discussion seems to irrelevant and out of place in this thread about the death and funeral of Prince Friso.

I understand what you mean, and indeed we shouldn't really discuss it, but it is important to know that there is no 'blame'...that it was a terrible accident that just happened the way it did...

P.Mabel's has had to deal with several early deaths in her life (her father died when she was 9), but i'm sure her relationship with P.Beatrix will remain as close at it is now and as well as her own family and friends, so i hope she has a lot of support in her life ahead...

My heart is still so broken for them. Like others, even though I knew the truth, there was that tiny sliver of hope that he would live and be able to participate in his family's lives.

Would she now be 'the Dowager Princess' or is that strictly British term?

Would she now be 'the Dowager Princess' or is that strictly British term?

To be honest, it has been some time since the spouse has outlived the royal partner and i think it's the first time that a royal partner died who had a spouse with no title of their own (unlike Maxima, Claus and Bernhard; Mabel and Laurentien did not receive titles of their own, but can use their husbands title out of courtesy).
However, given the close relationship within the royal family i expect (but this a guess on my part) that she will be allowed to keep using the title Princess.

I don't think there's a Dowager-type of title here...

Would his organs be fit to transplant after such a long coma?

To be honest, it has been some time since the spouse has outlived the royal partner and i think it's the first time that a royal partner died who had a spouse with no title of their own (unlike Maxima, Claus and Bernhard; Mabel and Laurentien did not receive titles of their own, but can use their husbands title out of courtesy).
However, given the close relationship within the royal family i expect (but this a guess on my part) that she will be allowed to keep using the title Princess.

I don't think there's a Dowager-type of title here...

Princess Mabel can use the title if she so pleases.And until the case in which she might find herself with another partner,she can certainly hold to the title.But she never uses it,or used it.She always introduces simply as :"Hello,I'm Mabel".

We'll see what,or if,any changes will evolve in case off.

You are right, Lucien, they certainly wouldn't. And he may have had some vital organs that failed which caused his death.

I was gone on holiday all last week...imagine my surprise when I saw that Prince Friso had passed away! Oh my...

My thoughts go out to Princess Beatrix, Princess Mabel, the Countesses, King W-A and Queen Max and the extended family on this loss. I am very sad.

Just out of curiosity is this the place where the ski loving royals of the world usually congregate or do the Dutch just prefer it?

Just out of curiosity is this the place where the ski loving royals of the world usually congregate or do the Dutch just prefer it?

No,it's the Dutch Royals that love it and feel home here.

In the days of Juliana and Bernhard some foreign Royals hopped over by heli for a day or more,most notable the Shah and Shahbanou who always stayed in "nearby" St.Moritz at the same time...

Normally, it is a wonderful sport and healthy exercise. Just a horrible event.

They left out Vail CO. Many years ago I was there when Diana, William and Harry were there.

yes,so..??...But what does that have to do with this thread?nothing!

Please stay with the subject instead of polluting it.Or rather,there isn't much more to say to it really,other then it's already a week since the Prince's funeral.

Last edited:

Please stay with the subject instead of polluting it.Or rather,there isn't much more to say to it really,other then it's already a week since the Prince's funeral.

I see you are from the Netherlands - have you heard anymore about this royal family since Friso's funeral?? Thank you in advance:flowers:

Condolences, and prayers that the Royal Family can move onward.

I was replying to the posted article which I quoted, noting one place missing. it was posted in reply to a question regarding where the royals ski.That is hardly 'polluting the thread'. I am going to assume that English is not your first language, and that you did not mean to be obnoxious to another poster.:whistling:

I see you are from the Netherlands - have you heard anymore about this royal family since Friso's funeral?? Thank you in advance:flowers:

It has been announced that the big farewell event for formerly Queen Beatrix (which was to be held in september) has been postponed due to the death of P.Friso.
More information can be found in P.Beatrix' thread...

Other than that life is returning to 'normal' for the royal family with several members attending events in the next week...

It has been announced that the big farewell event for formerly Queen Beatrix (which was to be held in september) has been postponed due to the death of P.Friso.
More information can be found in P.Beatrix' thread...

Other than that life is returning to 'normal' for the royal family with several members attending events in the next week...

Thank you:flowers:

I was replying to the posted article which I quoted, noting one place missing. it was posted in reply to a question regarding where the royals ski.That is hardly 'polluting the thread'. I am going to assume that English is not your first language, and that you did not mean to be obnoxious to another poster.:whistling:

I am not that interested where it's all from,nor who wrote it,sorry....it just doesn't belong here as you certainly do understand I'm sure....I am Dutch yes,but my english is just as good as my Dutch:).Perfecto!..

@ Andolini..The family will resume their duties next week again allthough the farewell party,as I wrote in the Princess Beatrix thread earlyer in the week,is postponed due to circumstances.

Princess Beatrix will attend the concert by the European Youth Orchestra here at the Concertgebouw coming wednesday and no doubt find herself in a warm bath of love,
respect and compassion.

For other itineraries please see the respective threads as Iceflower makes a point in noting everything meticulously.:flowers:

I am not that interested where it's all from,nor who wrote it,sorry....it just doesn't belong here as you certainly do understand I'm sure....I am Dutch yes,but my english is just as good as my Dutch:).Perfecto!..

@ Andolini..The family will resume their duties next week again allthough the farewell party,as I wrote in the Princess Beatrix thread earlyer in the week,is postponed due to circumstances.

Maybe we should be like the dutch royal family and move on to other threads, this is indeed no thread for skiing-with-royals tips nor for arguing about it (nor for pointing out spelling-mistakes, so i'm not going to do that (although i'm tempted :flowers:))

RIP P.Friso

Princess Beatrix will attend the concert by the European Youth Orchestra here at the Concertgebouw coming wednesday and no doubt find herself in a warm bath of love,
respect and compassion.

For other itineraries please see the respective threads as Iceflower makes a point in noting everything meticulously.:flowers:

Thank you for the info:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom