Death and Funeral of Prince Friso: August 12 and 16, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very sad news. Princess Mabel, Luana, Zaria and the Dutch royal family condolences.

I felt strange too, that's why I didn't post individual pictures. It seems so invasive, especially the one of little Zaria.

Thank you, I am glad (??) I am not the only one

This is very sad news... My thoughts are with the whole family, especially with Mabel and the two girls :sad:

I wish to add my condolences to those that have already been expressed.

My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Dutch Royal Family at this heartbreaking time.

RIP, Prince Friso.

Very sad news indeed. My thoughts are with Beatrix, Mabel, the girls and the rest of Friso's loved ones. I personally wouldn't have wanted to be kept alive through life support, but I also know how terrible the thought of closing the respirator is for the loved ones. But in the end, the life Friso was living in the comatose state wasn't a life worth living, I hope that they can all find peace now, particularly Beatrix and Mabel. May he rest in peace.

What a horrible time this must be for the entire family. My deepest sympathies and prayers go out to the entire family but I will especially be thinking of Princess Beatrix. I can't imagine having to summon the strength to continue after the loss of a child. I hope that she's able to find some sort of peace and experience joy in watching Friso's lovely children grow up.

This may come out as being cold hearted, but I hope that with the past year and a half that Friso has been in a coma, I hope his young family has had a chance to come to terms with his eventual death, so that it may make this time a little easier on them.
As for Pr. Beatrix, having just gone thru this with my parents loosing both of their sons, one expected and one not expected, the grief that consumes a parent is all encompussing. I don't think there is ever total recovery from this. My 2nd brother passed 19 yrs before my 1st brother passed. The pain and grief that I witnessed is unberable, and it was just getting easier for them when my 1st brother passed. The wound was still there and it was like it was torn open all over again. I can just imagine how hard it will be for Beatrix. My heart goes out to her the most. May Friso rest in everlasting peace now and may his guardian angels guide his family in the days ahead....

Such sad news... Unfortunately I know what the family has and is now going through. It gives me some comfort to know the family was standing strong and united through this all slowly trying to understand that it was a slow goodbye to a wonderful husband, father, brother and son and that his father Claus was there to take his hand when the time came. My deepest sympathies and condolences to the entire royal family. It is so hard to let go but in time all those lovely memories can hopefully be of comfort and some of that pain will fade.

So sad to hear this, my condoleances to the royal family
poor Luana & Zaria lose their father at such a young age !

My condolences go out to the Dutch royal family.. May he he now RIP

So sad to hear this news.

This is very sad news, Prince Friso and the rest of the Dutch Royal Family are in my thoughts now (Mabel, Luana, Zaria and Beatrix in particular). It must've been hard for Mabel to tell Luana and Zaria that their father has passed away. :sad:

May he rest in peace.

For those of you who wish to express your condoleances to the royal family, the website of the dutch royal family has an opportunity to do so
Home - Het Koninklijk Huis
via the button at bottom of mainpage 'condoleance toevoegen'

That's a nice idea, thank you for the link. I'm thinking of posting a message of sympathy to the Dutch Royal Family there.

My sincere condolences to the Royal Family of the Netherlands. May God be with you. Rest in Peace Prince Friso, you will always be in the hearts of those who loved you.

This may come out as being cold hearted, but I hope that with the past year and a half that Friso has been in a coma, I hope his young family has had a chance to come to terms with his eventual death, so that it may make this time a little easier on them.
As for Pr. Beatrix, having just gone thru this with my parents loosing both of their sons, one expected and one not expected, the grief that consumes a parent is all encompussing. I don't think there is ever total recovery from this. My 2nd brother passed 19 yrs before my 1st brother passed. The pain and grief that I witnessed is unberable, and it was just getting easier for them when my 1st brother passed. The wound was still there and it was like it was torn open all over again. I can just imagine how hard it will be for Beatrix. My heart goes out to her the most. May Friso rest in everlasting peace now and may his guardian angels guide his family in the days ahead....

My mom's oldest brother died of lung cancer at 61 seven years ago, when my grandmother had had Alzheimer's for a few years. My mom and her four surviving siblings agreed that she not go to the funeral. My grandmother could sense that something had happened. They told her, but then she would ask about him, and a few days later would ask again. My mom said that she really didn't realize he had died. Grandma died 10 months later, six days before Christmas; after a hip fracture (she also had osteoporosis) and a stroke that left her unable to speak or swallow, but it was pneumonia that she died of. I was 16.

What are the titles of his wife and children now? Funeral plans?

So sorry to hear this news although expected. At least Friso is now at a place of peace and his wife, children and mother can start to heal from this tragedy.

Such a terrible tragedy for a young family to go through.
My heart goes out to them.
Im only glad that they were able to care for him before he passed away.

R.I.P. Prince Friso

Such sorrow for Queen Beatrix! a mother does not expect to witness the burial of her child regardless of his or her age. We think that it should be the other way around.

My profound sympathy for the family.

I was so sad to read this news today. I can only imagine the pain the family is going through, especially Princess Beatrix, Princess Mabel, and his young daughters. My prayers to them during this sad time.

May the faithfully departed though the mercy of God rest in peace.

I thought there was a good chance of this when I heard he was being moved. I'm sad for the family but at least he's at peace and no longer trapped in a body that was never going to heal.

RIP

My thoughts as well when I learned the news. As sad as this is, as you said, he's at peace now and hopefully the Family can now also gain that as well. I can't even begin to imagine the anguish the Family has been through since that awful day last February. Hopefully they can now gain some closure.

Condolences, thoughts and prayers to Princess Mabel, those two adorable little Girls, Princess Beatrix and the entire Dutch Royal Family. May Prince Friso Rest In Peace. :(

I am glad he was finally allowed to pass away peacefully. Now the family is out of limbo, can mourn for Friso & eventually move on. Mabel & her daughters are still young and there is a life ahead of them.

This is the way I feel about it.

It was officially announced just a short while ago.That should sufface as one doesn't joke on that.There are extra news bulletins on him and his death non-stop now.

I am happy for him,and I am deeply saddened for Mabel,his daughters,his mother and siblings.He passed away at Huis ten Bosch Palace.

R.I.P.

Same for me. The poor man's spirit is no longer trapped inside a non-functioning body and can continue on it's journey.

But the pain his family is experiencing must be unimaginable and my heart breaks for all of them.

I am sorry for your personal losses, that is very sad.:sad:

I feel very sad about Prince Friso's death. Princess Mabel was a Very Brave wife, she never left her husband and only God can understands how she felt all this time. She was a real wife (for the good and the bad times).

I feel so much for Princess Beatrix. She lost her beloved husband, now she lost her son.
I wish they stand together and help each other because the next days wont be easy. God bless them.

Sad, but not unexpected news. Hopefully this will bring closure to the family after having lived a long period in a limbo, and that his wife and children, as well as his mother and the rest of the family can mourn his passage in peace and find the strenght to go on and remember the good times.

Back
Top Bottom