Death and Funeral of Prince Friso: August 12 and 16, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Extremely sad for the Dutch Royal family -

also appears that the Prince's death was unexpected as the families were on vacation.

This will give his family closure.

So Saaaaad! I hoped that he would wake...:cry::cry::cry:

Requiem aeternam donna ei Domine
Et lux perpetua luceat ei...
Requiescat in pace.:easter:

My prayers for orphaned wife, daughters and mother...
He will not feel alone in the place where he went, because his father is there already...:hug:

I am glad he was finally allowed to pass away peacefully. Now the family is out of limbo, can mourn for Friso & eventually move on. Mabel & her daughters are still young and there is a life ahead of them.

Such a sad day, a waste of a young and vibrant person, my thoughts are with his family RIP. the BBC don't even mention it.....

So very sad for his young family as well as for the Royal Family. My sympathies to posters here from The Netherlands.

sad news indeed. prince friso seemed to be a very brilliant man.

I am glad he was finally allowed to pass away peacefully. Now the family is out of limbo, can mourn for Friso & eventually move on. Mabel & her daughters are still young and there is a life ahead of them.

i agree, this will surely bring the family some peace and a permanent state to move forwards from.
they obviously wanted to bring friso back home so that he could pass away, in the family home, and with all his loved ones. i guess it is easier to let someone go when you can see for yourself that without the care they gave him at hospital, he could not continue living by himself.

will the funeral details be released soon?

I've just heard the sad news, I'm deeply sorry for the death of Prince Friso. My thoughts and prayers go to him, Princess Beatrix, Princess Mabel, Luana, Zaria, the King,the Queen and the whole Dutch Royal Family. May Prince Friso rest in peace.

Poor Mabel and daughters, and my goodness, poor Beatrix. As a mom, I can think of nothing worse than a child predeceasing a parent. It must be horrible for them, how absolutely heartbreaking.

Very sad, as were the last months of his life... i hope his family and friends will find peace in knowing that his suffering has ended and eternal life has begun... RIP

For those of you who wish to express your condoleances to the royal family, the website of the dutch royal family has an opportunity to do so
Home - Het Koninklijk Huis
via the button at bottom of mainpage 'condoleance toevoegen'

This is so very sad, even though it was predictable when we was moved home. I only wish now all the family can find the peace and rest they deserved from such a complicated situation as letting someone you love dearly finally go to rest in peace. My condolences to Mabel, the girl, Princess Beatrix and obviously all the family.

Very sad, as were the last months of his life... i hope his family and friends will find peace in knowing that his suffering has ended and eternal life has begun... RIP

For those of you who wish to express your condoleances to the royal family, the website of the dutch royal family has an opportunity to do so
Home - Het Koninklijk Huis
via the button at bottom of mainpage 'condoleance toevoegen'

Thank you very much for this, it is kind of you to put this opportunity here

I´m relieved Prince Friso is out of his vegetative life but very sad for his wife and two little girls.May God have mercy on him and give comfort to his family.

May he rest in peace.
Any news of funeral arrangements? Will he have a funeral as a member of the Dutch Royak Family or of the House?

I was terribly shocked by this saddening news.
My deepest condolences to the Dutch Royal Family especially Princess Beatrix, Princess Mabel and their two daughters Countesses Luana and Zaria.
May he Rest In Peace.

Last edited:
I just heard the news and feel a deep, terrible sadness. I cannot imagine what his family must be going through. May they find the strength to endure this tragedy and may Prince Friso rest in peace.

May peace and comfort surround his family. Bless them all.

I'm really sad hearing this news.

But maybe it's better to finally leave the body he was trapped in for so long, with very little hope of recovery.

As sad as it is for the family at the moment, I'm sure it's better than hoping for a miracle. They can now mourn for their loss and get on with life.

It's difficult for the 2 girls to grow up without a father.

My condolences to the family.

May Prince Friso RIP.

May he rest in peace.
Any news of funeral arrangements? Will he have a funeral as a member of the Dutch Royak Family or of the House?

No official news about this yet.
It is expected that he will be buried in Delft in the Royal Crypt.

May he rest in peace, and may the family find peace with this terrible tragedy someday. I feel for his wife and two daughters, as well as the rest of his extended family at this very sad time.

That's a sad news.My condoleances to his family and the Dutch people.
May he rest in peace

Are the flags lowered to half-mast in the Netherlands?

Any news about the funeral
??

Last edited:
I had not visited here yet today, my heart dropped when I saw this headline.

My heart hurts for the family.

Any news about the funeral
??

It's now 9:30 in the evening in the netherlands; i don't expect any news concerning funeral arrangements etc until tomorrow at it's earliest...

Last edited:
PPE Agency has a few long angled pictures of Mabel and Zaria (riding her bicycle) at Huis.

PPE Agency

Last edited:
I felt strange seeing these at this private time. Yes, I clicked on it, but now regret it. I never learn.

I felt strange too, that's why I didn't post individual pictures. It seems so invasive, especially the one of little Zaria.

Back
Top Bottom