Death and Funeral of Prince Friso: August 12 and 16, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think no one has to be defended only because he/ she doesn´t know another person...
Will. and Harry have met the then Queen Beatrix from time to time for various occasions and I´m sure they know at least the names of other crowned heads children. It´s another matter when it comes to Beatrix´ grandchildren or her sisters children and grandchildren.
For sure they are aquainted with the spanish, greek, luxembourg and norwegian royal families.
Yeah this I definitely agree with.:flowers:

I'm hoping no press try and take pics tomorrow. After all it is supposed to be a private ceremony.

I can't remember but when this tragedy happen were other people too involve in the avalanche?

Prince Friso was skiing "off piste" with his longtime friend Florian Moosbrugger whose family owns the hotel where the Dutch Royal family has stayed for many years. Moosbrugger survived by wearing an avalanche airbag that inflates to keep the skier from being buried. The Austrian Times reported the Prince was not wearing one. Heavy snow falls had prompted an avalanche warning of four out of a maximum of five.

Holy Mass was celebrated in the mountains over Lech am Arlberg,Austria for the residents of the town in honour of Prince Friso.The Dutch RF resides in Lech for the past 60 years during the winter holidays so all know the RF and Friso.A very very moving tribute.

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1628143

Courtesy ANP

The Moosbrugger family arrived in The Netherlands yesterday as they will attend todays funeral.

There will be no LIVE reports nor pics of the funeral service nor the funeral itself except those
photo's issued by the Court after 18.00PM local time.

I hope the loved ones can say their goodbyes in all peace,undisturbed and private,in line with Friso's family life.God Bless you Friso.

Shortly before 09.00AM this morning the coffin with the remains of Prince Friso were taken from Huis ten Bosch Palace to Lage Vuursche,his last journey.

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblognl_news_summary/2013/08/the-last-journey-of-prince-friso.html

Courtesy Hans Jacobs

Flowers are layed out at the church:

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1628586

courtesy anp

Last edited:
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 1m
Windmills across Holland stopped turning on Wed as a mark of respect to Prince Friso, patron of assoc for preservation of Dutch windmills

Princess Mabel was in the front passenger seat of the hearse.
How touching that she wanted to be so close near her husband on his last journey...:cry:

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 1m
Windmills across Holland stopped turning on Wed as a mark of respect to Prince Friso, patron of assoc for preservation of Dutch windmills

Not so much they stopped turning,the windmills were / are all in the mourning position as of last tuesday.

Not so much they stopped turning,the windmills were / are all in the mourning position as of last tuesday.

Thank you Lucien - I saw the tweet and hoped someone would explain.

Such a tragedy.... I regret so much that he won't have a big funeral.... just to honour him....

I really wish that the paps would not take and publish photos of Beatrix, Mabel and Friso's little girls in particular. I think we can all assume they are there.

I really wish that the paps would not take and publish photos of Beatrix, Mabel and Friso's little girls in particular. I think we can all assume they are there.

I agree - I haven't looked at them as this is private. I thought that photos were banned.

Such a tragedy.... I regret so much that he won't have a big funeral.... just to honour him....

But this is all according to his wishes,his way of Always being in the shadow.That should be honoured.

There will be a Memorial dedicated to Prince Friso later this year,that will be a grand event,and it will be aired by National television as well,but for this afternoon,it is a private ceremony.He ,and the RF,are entitled to that I'm sure you agree.

Dutch winner of the National Songwriter contest Maaike Ouboter will perform during the funeral service,a beautifull and fitting song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ObGlgJPCZj4

Last edited:
it is good for the family particulary for princess Mabel and princess Beatrice that the funeral will be privat, I lost my husband 4 years ago and it was very hard to have all the eyes on me and on my children during the ceremony of funeral.

Of Course there will be later a official ceremony for prince friso and the princesses will be a little more easy for this public ceremony.

A beautiful and dignified thing to do.

No.It is a private event although pics will be released of the ceremonies afterwards.

The Memorial later this year will be aired,not the friday events.

Lucien, thanks for your reply.

I have just watched the video of the family arrival....It is so touching seeing the girls with their mother and grand-mother. :sad:

So sad, those dear little girls, Mabel lost her Dad when she was young. She will know how these girls will be feeling.

So sad, the video SLV provided really brings home the feeling of loss.

This makes me so sad. :cry:

Oh yes,very much so!!

The Family walked to the church thus enabling all to see them,their wish.

The funeral service was concluded a short while ago,it lasted an hour and a halve,and the interment ceremony has begun.

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE

In an hour or so the Royal House website will issue more pictures.

I disagree, I think its the family's decision to show themselves, they could have taken the car with dark tinted glass, no but they walked, so the photographers could see them & take pictures. The dutch public has an interest in this day that is not focused on voyeurism but deep sympathy with the DRF and they understand this.

The family will have their privacy at the church etc.

I disagree, I think its the family's decision to show themselves, they could have taken the car with dark tinted glass, no but they walked, so the photographers could see them & take pictures. The dutch public has an interest in this day that is not focused on voyeurism but deep sympathy with the DRF and they understand this.

The family will have their privacy at the church etc.

Indeed!True.

After the funeral the family and guests walked back to Drakensteyn castle.God,I wish it would never have happened.

Uitvaart prins Friso afgelopen - NOS Nieuws

Pics and video are heartbreaking �� In a video from NOS I saw that Italy's Foreign Minister, Emma Bonino, was present too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom