Death and Funeral of Prince Friso: August 12 and 16, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Although King Harald is his Godfather, I don't think he will attend the funeral.
I believe the funeral will only be attended by members of the Dutch Royal Family, members of Prince Claus' family and close friends.
I have a feeling that King Harald and many other members of foreign Royal Families will be invited to the public Memorial Service which will probably be broadcast on Dutch television.
I think it is wise decision: a private funeral and a Memorial Service in which the public can participate and will probably only be attended by the adult members of the Dutch Royal Family.

As I said,HM King Harald,Godfather of Prince Friso,has confirmed his attendance at the funeral Friday.

Does anyone know when the funeral is?

The small church and graveyard appear to be the most wonderful place to have one's final resting place.
And a stone's throw from the future home of his mother. Tranquil and so unpretentious. A quite spot where family can come to on occasions should they wish to.
Fitting for a Prince who shunned the limelight.

Good that Beatrix will be able to end up being near the son who was so good to her; she can visit him all the time and it is a good idea. She can then end up having Mabel over and reminisce.

Good that Beatrix will be able to end up being near the son who was so good to her; she can visit him all the time and it is a good idea. She can then end up having Mabel over and reminisce.

The funeral is on Friday.

It will be friday

It looks as if King Harald will attend the funeral.

:previous: Well, he was Prince Friso's godfather...so I am not surprised by his attendance. When you are a godparent you don't just show up for the "good" events...you are supposed to be in it to be in it. Unfortunately, this one of the not so good things.

My thoughts and prayers with the family. I feel so bad for everyone.....particularly Princess Beatrix and Princess Mabel...and those poor little girls.

Thoughts with the family of Friso, such sad news. In a way it is a release for Mabel though and will allow her to move on with her life and the lives of her small daughters. I can imagine that Bea will still welcome Mabel into her family with open arms for a long, long time. The Dutch royals do seem like such a close family.

The death of Prince Friso is so sad....My sincere condolences to Princess Mabel, their daughters and all the Royal Dutch Family.

I know the funeral will be next Friday....Does anyone know if it will be possible to watch it online ??

The death of Prince Friso is so sad....My sincere condolences to Princess Mabel, their daughters and all the Royal Dutch Family.

I know the funeral will be next Friday....Does anyone know if it will be possible to watch it online ??

No.It is a private event although pics will be released of the ceremonies afterwards.

The Memorial later this year will be aired,not the friday events.

I wonder if Princes William and Harry could be mentors for the 2 girls. Enjoyed reading the remembrances of the Prince's friend.

Last edited:
I wonder if Princes William and Harry could be mentors for the 2 girls. Enjoyed reading the remembrances of the Prince's friend.

I doubt Prince William and Henry know who Friso, or his children are.

this is so sad my condolences to his wife,daugthers and the royal family.

Zaria and Luana are surrounded by a family who love them. I fully expect them to receive all the mentoring and support they need from them. King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima will more than likely make the two little girls part of their own extended family.

Any idea what time the funeral will take place?

Mabel has been amazing to me these past 18 months. I was never a big fan of hers starting with the controversy surrounding her marriage to Friso. I thought it(the marriage) was going to be a disaster for the House of Oranje-Nassau.

How wrong I have been....now I know. Never judge a book by it's cover. :ermm:

What a beautiful and touching photo of the late Prince and his daughters in happier times.

So sad. I almost wish I had not clicked on those, what lovely photos. Dear little daughters:sad::sad:

Any idea what time the funeral will take place?

In the afternoon, but in the Netherlands a specific time has not been confirmed. Dutch media reports that the website of the Norwegian monarchy has a time of 15:00 (so i wouldn't be surprised if that is the case)

Beautiful photos and a privilege to be able to have them shared with us.

Sure Mabel has wonderful memories which right now must seem to be so bitter sweet. A great love between all four of them, but more so between Mabel and Friso. Really think they were soul mates, connected on a very higher level than many.....

Mabel has been amazing to me these past 18 months. I was never a big fan of hers starting with the controversy surrounding her marriage to Friso. I thought it(the marriage) was going to be a disaster for the House of Oranje-Nassau.

How wrong I have been....now I know. Never judge a book by it's cover. :ermm:
Thank you for being honest. I too was not a Mabel fan, but after seeing her demeanor and character these past several years, especially the past 18 months, I have the utmost respect for her. All of Beatrix's daughters-in-laws are true gems. She hit the jackpot with all of them.
Many prayers and thoughts go out to Princess Mabel and her daughters, along with the Dutch Royal family.

I'm pretty sure that one royal family is aware of the others

I'm sure someone in the British royal family, is aware that that Johan Friso and Mabel married and had children. What their names are, where they live, how the grew up etc I doubt anyone knows that. Especially William and Henry who have had little interest or contact with any foreign royals.

Thank you for being honest. I too was not a Mabel fan, but after seeing her demeanor and character these past several years, especially the past 18 months, I have the utmost respect for her. All of Beatrix's daughters-in-laws are true gems. She hit the jackpot with all of them.
Many prayers and thoughts go out to Princess Mabel and her daughters, along with the Dutch Royal family.
I am afraid I was in your and Moodmaiden's camp re: Mabel too. How you really cannot judge a book by its cover. And yes Beatrix has wonderful dils but I also see that she would not have reaped such love and affection from them w/o love and welcome on her part.

Back
Top Bottom