The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #481  
Old 11-04-2013, 11:58 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 26,806
This was a memorial service, not a funeral. Memories of Friso can be happy ones. Maxima had a little smile, so what? From the photos it looks to me that Maxima was watching Friso's daughters and smiled a little. Princess Beatrix smiled when she left the service.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 11-05-2013, 12:14 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
This was a memorial service, not a funeral. Memories of Friso can be happy ones. Maxima had a little smile, so what? From the photos it looks to me that Maxima was watching Friso's daughters and smiled a little. Princess Beatrix smiled when she left the service.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Absolutely true. The church in Delft held happy memories for the family as well. After all it is where Mabel and Friso married.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 11-05-2013, 04:17 PM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Absolutely true. The church in Delft held happy memories for the family as well. After all it is where Mabel and Friso married.
True,and despite the grief and sad emotions the road to recovery from this ordeal for Friso's loved ones is a long one still but they've headed toward that direction.They have been mourning for a year and halve already before he died.Enough is enough,it is as it is and all go and should embrace life again.And they do even while fighting tears,like both his brothers did,or smiling and paying some attention to the children as a good aunt should.It is all part of it,all part of this very warm,comfy & closeknitted family.They've been the role model by far in how to deal with this and cope with a drama like this.In that they've been an inspiration as well as a comfort to many more ouitside the family.Examplary.

And TLLK,the Oude Kerk is also opposite the house on the canal where Prince Friso lived while a student in Delft.The Oude Kerk is right in front of the livingroom window.A familiar spot for decades for him.
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 11-06-2013, 12:54 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
True,and despite the grief and sad emotions the road to recovery from this ordeal for Friso's loved ones is a long one still but they've headed toward that direction.They have been mourning for a year and halve already before he died.Enough is enough,it is as it is and all go and should embrace life again.And they do even while fighting tears,like both his brothers did,or smiling and paying some attention to the children as a good aunt should.It is all part of it,all part of this very warm,comfy & closeknitted family.They've been the role model by far in how to deal with this and cope with a drama like this.In that they've been an inspiration as well as a comfort to many more ouitside the family.Examplary.

And TLLK,the Oude Kerk is also opposite the house on the canal where Prince Friso lived while a student in Delft.The Oude Kerk is right in front of the livingroom window.A familiar spot for decades for him.
Thank you Lucien. I had not known that this place had been a part of his life during his university years.
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 02-21-2014, 07:36 AM
marine2109's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
20-02-2014 Lage Vuursche Grave (Graf) of Prince Friso at the Stulpchurch in Lage Vuursche.
PPE Agency
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 02-21-2014, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,761
I wonder if the family is going to place a grave marker or are they going to keep the spot private?
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 02-21-2014, 05:59 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 3,936
This spot looks desolate.... I think they should do something else.
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 02-21-2014, 06:20 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 19,720
I assume that in due time they will plant some bushes perhaps, and maybe add a stone. I don't tghink they will keep it like this. The fence that you can see in the pictures is the fence of Castle Drakensteyn, where Princess Beatrix now lives again.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 07-01-2014, 06:29 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 20,631
New Headstone at Prince Johan Friso's grave

PPE

PPE Agency
__________________
25th of August 1270-Death of Louis IX ,King of France.
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 07-01-2014, 07:14 AM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 3,936
Very simple but moving tomb....
Reply With Quote
  #491  
Old 07-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Leitrim, Ireland
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
New Headstone at Prince Johan Friso's grave

PPE

PPE Agency
Rest in peace, Friso. A beautiful location and headstone.
Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 07-01-2014, 08:20 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Very simple but moving tomb....
I agree, very dignified.
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 02-22-2016, 06:13 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 20,631
Prince Johan Friso is remembered at the RC church in Lech am Arlberg, Austria.



Belga Image - Editorial
__________________
25th of August 1270-Death of Louis IX ,King of France.
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 02-22-2016, 06:57 AM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 3,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Prince Johan Friso is remembered at the RC church in Lech am Arlberg, Austria.



Belga Image - Editorial
Nice gesture
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
countess luana, countess zaria, death, funeral, king willem-alexander, pieter van vollenhoven, prince constantijn, prince friso, princess alexia (2005 -), princess ariane, princess beatrix, princess catharina-amalia, princess christina of the netherlands, princess irene, princess laurentien, princess mabel, princess margriet, queen maxima


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Death and Funeral of Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland: March 10 & 16, 2013 An Ard Ri Royal House of Sweden 398 03-10-2016 03:32 AM
Death and Funeral of Count Christian of Rosenborg (1942-2013): May 21 and 29, 2013 Ilse Royal House of Denmark 44 11-02-2013 04:38 PM
Death & Funeral of Prince Alexandre Stefan Royal Family of Belgium 136 08-15-2010 08:53 PM
Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Current Events 1 (August 2003 - September 2006) Tina Current Events Archive 391 09-03-2006 12:10 AM




Popular Tags
british royal family camilla canada chris o'neill clothes crown princess victoria current events documentary emma family fashion forum general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia ińaki urdangarín juan carlos juan urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia line luxembourg meghan markle news opening of parliament pablo urdangarín plantagenets porphyria prince charles prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince harry of wales princenapoleon prince nicholas prince of belgium prince oscar princess beatrice princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess victoria queen elizabeth queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima quizz royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding spain state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family swedish royal registry victoria video games visit from spain wedding windsor castle



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises