The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Prince Friso and Princess Mabel and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #381  
Old 08-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,514
A beautiful and loving family, together. In deep mourning, but showing the world that they are human and loving to and for each other. No better or worse than others, just themselves. Bless them all.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 08-18-2013, 04:03 AM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I was struck by Mabel's face at the funeral; she looked so devastated. I know you all are thinking "well of course her husband died" but I am just not use to seeing such clear sadness at a funeral of a public figure; usually they put on a game face. It's refreshing to see a family member not trying to hide what she is feeling, while at the same time unbelievably sad to see.
As for the accident was Friso in a place he should not have been?
Friso and his friend were skiing off-piste. There were avalanche-warnings. Apparently there had been several attempts to activate one on that slope, without success. Because of that the two probably thought it safe to ski there.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 08-18-2013, 04:09 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Friso and his friend were skiing off-piste. There were avalanche-warnings. Apparently there had been several attempts to activate one on that slope, without success. Because of that the two probably thought it safe to ski there.
Also, the friend wore an avalance protector, P.Friso didn't
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 08-18-2013, 05:33 AM
Lindy's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 411
Prince Friso and Florian Moosbrugger were skiing off-piste on their way to a more established ski area. It was a short-cut, as such.

Reports differ somewhat as to whether Friso was a risk taker. According to the AP, "although Friso did not have an image as a risk-taker, the skiing accident - off piste despite avalanche warnings - did not stand totally alone. He was also once stopped while driving 200 kilometers per hour (120 mph)." The Christian daily Trouw described Friso as "the Queen's favourite son, [who] liked fast cars, golf, travel and diving. The type of man willing to take risks outside clearly marked pistes."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 08-18-2013, 06:21 AM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 652
King Willem-Alexander always skied off-piste as well. I don't know if he has since the accident.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 08-18-2013, 06:55 AM
emmeleia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Patra, Greece
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Yes, she was there too. All the sisters of Princess Beatrix were there.
I wonder if the two sisters out of the wedlock, daughters of Prince Bernhard - sorry I cannot recall their names - were there.
Have you seen them?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 08-18-2013, 07:26 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmeleia View Post
I wonder if the two sisters out of the wedlock, daughters of Prince Bernhard - sorry I cannot recall their names - were there.
Have you seen them?
No ofcourse not!There is no contact,and ,to make it clear,they are not an issue in or on any level either.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 08-18-2013, 07:29 AM
lucien's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
Prince Friso and Florian Moosbrugger were skiing off-piste on their way to a more established ski area. It was a short-cut, as such.

Reports differ somewhat as to whether Friso was a risk taker. According to the AP, "although Friso did not have an image as a risk-taker, the skiing accident - off piste despite avalanche warnings - did not stand totally alone. He was also once stopped while driving 200 kilometers per hour (120 mph)." The Christian daily Trouw described Friso as "the Queen's favourite son, [who] liked fast cars, golf, travel and diving. The type of man willing to take risks outside clearly marked pistes."

A short-cut that was cleared earlyer that day and had been used by others before them.All skyers do that,especially such experienced guys as these two.But we've been there done that on the issue as one can read from A to Z in the appropiate thread here.Anyway,it won't bring Friso back.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 08-18-2013, 09:01 AM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 3,622
Here are pictures of the members of the family in the processional to the church:


http://oi43.tinypic.com/i6dvrc.jpg

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2ltkqqx.jpg

http://oi41.tinypic.com/11vtnqp.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 08-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
A short-cut that was cleared earlyer that day and had been used by others before them.All skyers do that,especially such experienced guys as these two.But we've been there done that on the issue as one can read from A to Z in the appropiate thread here.Anyway,it won't bring Friso back.
Somehow this discussion seems to irrelevant and out of place in this thread about the death and funeral of Prince Friso.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #391  
Old 08-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 474
Maybe but whenever the man is discussed in depth from now it will be invariably brought up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old 08-18-2013, 12:59 PM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 2,655
I am shocked by his death. Yesterday I learnt about it (I was since sunday in hospital).

Poor poor Mabel, it is unbelievable hard to become widow at this early age. And poor Luana and Zaria. They have to cope with the fact that their father will never take part in their first dates, to get known to their friends, won't know what job they will do,... I hope for this three that they will soon be able to cope with the loss.

Last night I thought a lot about Friso's death. Maybe there will be one day the Prince Friso Foundation (managed by Mabel and then by his daughters) which helps people in the same situation.

Poor Friso, you lost your life too early. But rest in peace and be a guardian angel for your family.

In the last time sometimes I had thoughts what it would be like when he would have woke up from coma and were healthy. He had to learn that his brother is now king, that his cousin Maria-Carolina has married, that his cousin Floris had a son, that his cousin Jaime is now engaged.

Sorry for the mess this post is.
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old 08-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Andolini's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I am shocked by his death. Yesterday I learnt about it (I was since sunday in hospital).

Poor poor Mabel, it is unbelievable hard to become widow at this early age. And poor Luana and Zaria. They have to cope with the fact that their father will never take part in their first dates, to get known to their friends, won't know what job they will do,... I hope for this three that they will soon be able to cope with the loss.

Last night I thought a lot about Friso's death. Maybe there will be one day the Prince Friso Foundation (managed by Mabel and then by his daughters) which helps people in the same situation.

Poor Friso, you lost your life too early. But rest in peace and be a guardian angel for your family.

In the last time sometimes I had thoughts what it would be like when he would have woke up from coma and were healthy. He had to learn that his brother is now king, that his cousin Maria-Carolina has married, that his cousin Floris had a son, that his cousin Jaime is now engaged.

Sorry for the mess this post is.
You have written a very moving comment.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old 08-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Somehow this discussion seems to irrelevant and out of place in this thread about the death and funeral of Prince Friso.
I understand what you mean, and indeed we shouldn't really discuss it, but it is important to know that there is no 'blame'...that it was a terrible accident that just happened the way it did...

P.Mabel's has had to deal with several early deaths in her life (her father died when she was 9), but i'm sure her relationship with P.Beatrix will remain as close at it is now and as well as her own family and friends, so i hope she has a lot of support in her life ahead...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #395  
Old 08-18-2013, 05:19 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 1729 Noneofyourbusiness Drive, United States
Posts: 2,349
Has Mabel's rank or title changed?
__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Old 08-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Memphis, United States
Posts: 13
My heart is still so broken for them. Like others, even though I knew the truth, there was that tiny sliver of hope that he would live and be able to participate in his family's lives.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #397  
Old 08-18-2013, 06:47 PM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Has Mabel's rank or title changed?
Why would they change ? Unless the new King gives her a new title....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #398  
Old 08-18-2013, 10:08 PM
QueenJen's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Charlottesville, United States
Posts: 152
Would she now be 'the Dowager Princess' or is that strictly British term?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #399  
Old 08-19-2013, 01:22 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJen View Post
Would she now be 'the Dowager Princess' or is that strictly British term?
To be honest, it has been some time since the spouse has outlived the royal partner and i think it's the first time that a royal partner died who had a spouse with no title of their own (unlike Maxima, Claus and Bernhard; Mabel and Laurentien did not receive titles of their own, but can use their husbands title out of courtesy).
However, given the close relationship within the royal family i expect (but this a guess on my part) that she will be allowed to keep using the title Princess.

I don't think there's a Dowager-type of title here...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #400  
Old 08-19-2013, 05:38 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,608
Would his organs be fit to transplant after such a long coma?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
countess luana, countess zaria, death, funeral, king willem-alexander, pieter van vollenhoven, prince constantijn, prince friso, princess alexia (2005 -), princess ariane, princess beatrix, princess catharina-amalia, princess christina of the netherlands, princess irene, princess laurentien, princess mabel, princess margriet, queen maxima


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Death and Funeral of Princess Lilian, Duchess of Halland; March 10 & 16, 2013 An Ard Ri Royal House of Sweden 387 03-11-2014 01:02 PM
Death and Funeral of Count Christian of Rosenborg (1942-2013); May 21 and 29, 2013 Ilse Royal House of Denmark 44 11-02-2013 04:38 PM
Death & Funeral of Prince Alexandre Stefan Royal Family of Belgium 136 08-15-2010 08:53 PM
Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Current Events 1 (August 2003 - September 2006) Tina Current Events Archive 391 09-03-2006 12:10 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]