Christening of Countess Zaria: February 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that unusual over here that people don't go by their first name. I know several people who go by their second name too. It's just choice of the parents. You can have several names (like baptism names) and have one of them (or a variation of one of them) as your official calling name. So, it's not that weird... :flowers:

thanksss for the photos,the girls are sooo cutie.

Queen Beatrix is much elegant dress blue and grandmother to beautiful grandchildren girls!!! Photos is much elegant and beautiful royal family!

Almost every one looks great! those girls are "adorables!!", is sad that mabel doensn't looks as good as the other guessts, but any way is an important ocassion, and she is a good mother, and also we can see that she loves her family very much.

Countess Zaria is a beatiful baby...Well, I must admit that Queen Beatrix has beatiful grandchildren. All of them are.

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
Countess Zaria is a beatiful baby...Well, I must admit that Queen Beatrix has beatiful grandchildren. All of them are.

Vanesa.

well I dont think Eloise is really very cute. but the rest are beautiful. little Luana looks a lot like Beatrix.

Beautiful girl with a beautiful name, even with the grown up title of Countess she looks adorable.

I have three questions:

(1) Why are Zaria and Luana called Countesses and not Princesses?
(2) Why don't they go by their first names: Joanna and Emma?
(3) Is it my imagination or did Luana's Christening Gown have bows all over it like her Mom's Wedding Gown?

Their first names signify their royal heritage. "Emma" was the name of a Dutch queen, as well as the name of one of Luana's godmothers.

"Joanna" was chosen in honor of Zaria's father, Prince Johan Friso. Zaria's third name, "Nicoline," was after her godmother, but is also a feminine variation of "Claus" and has the same meaning, "people of victory."

Note that Prince Friso also goes by his second name, as does Prince Willem-Alexander who is known as Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom