The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
No pictures yet??
Apparently not. I was expecting some pictures by now. But no newspaper of anything says something about the christening. Too bad. I was looking forward to seeing Amalia I hope there will be pictures soon.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor
Apparently not. I was expecting some pictures by now. But no newspaper of anything says something about the christening. Too bad. I was looking forward to seeing Amalia I hope there will be pictures soon.
So do I

off topic: I'm just wondering, I was looking at Getty Images and that changed completely, how should I search now?

Old 02-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Nobility

I am looking forward to see pictures...
When they are going to be?
Old 02-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
off topic: I'm just wondering, I was looking at Getty Images and that changed completely, how should I search now?
You just go to the website, you choose your country and language, and you can type what you want to find at quick search. It's pretty much the same way it was. Good luck
Old 02-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Serene Highness

Unhappy

Ahh, to bad no pics as of yet. I was expecting to log in and see quite a few. Maybe we're not likely to get any.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
what do you mean by adding catholic elements to the upbringing of her daughters?
Simple Catholic things like the constructing of a landscape with a crib, with Mary, Joseph and the little Jesus in a manger, the ox, the donkey, the Three Kings, the shepherds, an angel, etc. This is not the custom with protestants.

Simple Catholic things like the use of an Advent Calendar and Advent Candles. This is not the custom with protestants.

Simple Catholic things like having a little cross above the beds of the Princesses or have a statue or an icon of Our Lady in the princely villa, to burn a little candle in front.

Yes, the Prince has stated that his daughters 'will be raised into the Protestant tradition' and the Princess stated that she was studying Protestantism.
But finally she never converted to Protestantism and remained true and loyal to the Church of Rome. Like every other parent, she will also have her own influence on her children. Keep also in mind that half of the royal family and the whole Zorreguieta family is Catholic. The Zorreguietas are also their grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and nieces.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
Simple Catholic things like the constructing of a landscape with a crib, with Mary, Joseph and the little Jesus in a manger, the ox, the donkey, the Three Kings, the shepherds, an angel, etc. This is not the custom with protestants.

Simple Catholic things like the use of an Advent Calendar and Advent Candles. This is not the custom with protestants.

Simple Catholic things like having a little cross above the beds of the Princesses or have a statue or an icon of Our Lady in the princely villa, to burn a little candle in front.

Yes, the Prince has stated that his daughters 'will be raised into the Protestant tradition' and the Princess stated that she was studying Protestantism.
But finally she never converted to Protestantism and remained true and loyal to the Church of Rome. Like every other parent, she will also have her own influence on her children. Keep also in mind that half of the royal family and the whole Zorreguieta family is Catholic. The Zorreguietas are also their grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and nieces.
Yes, that makes sense. I was growing up like this, protestant, but with angels above my bed, cribs, advent calenders and advent candles etc because I lived in a catholic area and with a mixed family. I guess it will be similar to Amalia and Alexia. I think it is a good thing.
Concerning the pictures, didn't they release just one after Luana's christening? I might be wrong though, I am not sure.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
Princess Máxima has been influenced by the catholic faith, and She is most likely to teach her daughters some of it, intentional or not!
I'm agree, but I also think that as a future queen, princess Máxima should respect the "oficial" faith in Netherlands, and also, because some day princess Amalia is gonna be the queen.

You can get more information in Noticias breves de actualidad
Old 02-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica
No pictures yet??
yes, there is one on Het Koninklijk Huis
Old 02-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

This is a thread regarding the baptism/christening of Countess Zaria. Let's not turn this into a discussion of Protestantism vs. Catholicism. Nor should we turn this into a thread regarding the choices of Maxima regarding her faith, or what influence that might have on her children. There are other forums and threads for that. Let's stay on topic please.

Empress - Dutch Forums Moderator
Old 02-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Royal Highness

Picture!

The pictures are free from copyrights and can be dowloaded freely at the official website of the Netherlands Royal House.
For giant picture 1 Het Koninklijk Huis (click on download foto)
For giant picture 2 Het Koninklijk Huis (click on download foto)

Here two normal sized ones (click double to expand):

Note:
- the grey/beige shoes of the Princess,
- the grey-beige dress of Countess Luana,
- the grey/beige tie of the Prince and
- the grey/beige bows on the baptismal gown of Countess Zaria!
- on the giant downloadpictures you can see an ancient silver dove (symbolizing the Holy Spirit) on Countess Zaria's gown, for centuries worn at all Orange-Nassau baptisms.

Sitting:
HM The Queen (mother of Prince Friso)
HRH Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau
Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou Countess of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouw van Amsberg
HRH Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau née Wisse Smit
Luana Countess of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouw van Amsberg
Mrs. Florence Wisse Smit (mother of Princess Mabel)

Standing:
HRH Prince Jaime de Bourbon de Parme, Count de Bardi (cousin of Prince Friso)
Ms. María Luz Luano (friend of the parents)
HRH The Prince of Orange (brother of Prince Friso)
Ms. Nicoline Wisse Smit (sister of Princess Mabel)
Mr. Ruben Ameling (friend of the parents)

First Picture: taken in the Oranjesael of Huis ten Bosch
Second Picture: taken in the White Dining Chamber a.k.a. the Marot Chamber of Huis ten Bosch
Old 02-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

luana is so so beautiful! at last with an adorable dress!!!!
luana was christeniced with the same dress than luana.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
The pictures are free from copyrights and can be dowloaded freely at www.koninklijkhuis.nl

Here two big ones (click double to expand):

wow, they all looks beautiful!
Old 02-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Courtier

I have a question. Is tomorrow the christening or it did happen??
Old 02-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Serene Highness

Great to see pictures of Luana and Zaria!
Old 02-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

the girls are sooooooooo cute, but the bows in Zaria's gown!!!
my God, Mabel needs professional help
Old 02-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

thank you for the pictures, Mabels two daughters are just adorable especially little Zaria. Mabel looks good in white/cream but not to sure what was going on with the hair. Happy for the family, the group picture is lovely. Hope to see some of Maxima
Old 02-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the pictures! Zaria is so much more beautiful than her sister!!!
Old 02-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Courtier

What a cute family. Both girls are precious. Am I the only one who thinks Zaria looks a lot like her father?
And oh well, I think it's cute that there are bows on Zaria's christening dress.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Courtier

Zaria ( love that name) is so beautiful:)