A Girl for Johan Friso and Mabel - Emma Luana Ninette Sophie: March 26, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Luana's dad's name is like that. His name is Johan Friso and he goes by Friso.

from BRMB:

Friso will wait with releasing a picture till his mother has had a chance to visit. That is expected to happen today or tomorrow.

DOCHTER VERRAST MABEL EN FRISO MET VROEGE KOMST
LONDEN (GPD) - Prins Friso heeft het voorbeeld van zijn oudste broer, vader en
opa niet gevolgd en nog geen foto vrijgegeven van zijn zaterdag geboren dochter
Luana. Hij breekt daarmee met een koninklijke traditie die wil dat de vader van
een nieuwgeborene meteen de camera ter hand neemt. De prins zal willen wachten
totdat zijn moeder koningin Beatrix in Londen langs is geweest alvorens hij
foto's van de baby vrijgeeft.
Emma Luana Ninette Sophie, gravin van Oranje-Nassau en jonkvrouwe van Amsberg,
is drie weken te vroeg geboren. Het dochtertje van prinses Mabel en Friso woog
bij de geboorte zaterdagavond om 19.17 uur precies 3085 gram. Moeder en kind
maken het uitstekend, zo liet de gelukkige vader via de Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst
weten. Het is niet bekend wanneer en waar de prins aangifte doet van de
geboorte.
De ouders werden door de vroege komst van Luana verrast. Ze hadden voor de
komende dagen nog afspraken staan. Mabel werkte de laatste tijd vanuit huis,
omdat ze vanwege de zwangerschap niet meer mocht vliegen. Drie weken geleden
waren Mabel en Friso nog in Amsterdam voor de galavoorstelling van de film Hotel
Rwanda. In februari had de prinses nog de halve wereld rondgereisd om projecten
van haar werkgever Open Society Institute te bezoeken en vergaderingen bij te
wonen.
Mabel was van plan de laatste weken voor de geboorte thuis in Londen met hulp
van e-mail en telefon door te werken. Maar dat niet alleen. ,,Er komt heel wat
kijken bij de voorbereiding voor de komst van een baby", constateerde ze. De
komende maanden zijn dan ook voor Luana, zo liet de prinses toen al weten.
Wanneer de niet als stilzitter bekend staande Mabel weer aan slag gaat, is
ongewis. ,,Ik zie wel hoe het loopt. Een baby verandert je leven enorm."
De naam Luana betekent "gelukkig en tevreden" in het Hawaiiaans, maar niet
bekend is of haar ouders dat ook in gedachten hadden bij hun keuze. De namen
Emma - de naam van de betovergrootmoeder van Friso - en Sophie hebben
waarschijnlijk een koninklijke achtergrond, Ninette duidt op een link met Mabels
familie.
Het meisje is het eerste lid van de koninklijke familie die sinds 1943 in het
buitenland wordt geboren. De laatste was prinses Margriet, die tijdens de
ballingschap van de koninklijke familie in de Tweede Wereldoorlog in de Canadese
hoofdstad Ottawa het levenslicht zag.
Omdat Groot-Brittannië automatisch het staatsburgerschap geeft aan baby's die op
Brits grondgebied worden geboren, kan Luana behalve op de Nederlandse
nationaliteit ook aanspraak maken op de Britse. Ze is overigens geen lid van het
koninklijk huis en komt niet in aanmerking voor de troonopvolging. Dit omdat
haar vader zijn rechten verloor toen hij vorig jaar april zonder parlementaire
toestemming huwde.
Koningin Beatrix, die op 29 oktober de zwangerschap van Mabel wereldkundig
maakte, wordt vandaag of morgen in Londen verwacht voor een bezoek aan haar
jongste en vierde kleinkind. Later dit jaar hoopt ze op verdere
familie-uitbreiding, wanneer prinses M xima haar tweede kind krijgt.

Wellcome baby princess

Congratulations Prince Johan Friso and Princess Mabel

wellcome to baby Luana

Congratulations to Friso, Mabel and Queen Beatrix!

I think they've chosen a lovely name, although, like most of you I prefer Emma over Luana. But once you say it a few times, it kind of sounds pretty.

According to www.behindthename.com Luana is an English name:

"An invented name, formed from a combination of LOU and ANA. This name first appeared in 1932 in the movie 'The Bird of Paradise'."

I would guess Prince Haakon,Mette-Marit or Märtha-Louise... I think Luana will have commoners as godparents and one royal....

I would guess Prince Edward of England or the Countess of wessex would be one of Emma's godparents.I have never seen Countess Sophie being the godmother of other European Royalty.

Congratulations to the young parents!!!

I was just wondering if any pic has been shown yet?
Thank you!!!

From Kabalarians.com

Your first name of Luana has created contrasting qualities in your nature. You desire change and varied experiences and you are capable in many areas, but you do not excel because of your scattering, impulsive desires. With supportive influence from other names you may use, you could be creative or artistic in a practical way, but basically this name is a plodding influence, though you have a desire for greater expression. Although you desire to avoid monotony, you seem to be attuned to system, order, and attention to detail. You can be very analytical, exacting, and patient as long as there is a challenge holding your interest, such as in the field of computers with its technical challenge.

From Kabalarians.com

The name of Emma creates a restless, creative nature that takes you into many ventures, but does not allow you to see things through to a satisfactory completion. Yours is a versatile, musical, artistic, but independent nature and you must have the freedom to express your creative ideas and abilities to be happy. An urge for independence causes dissatisfaction and frustration in close relationships and you find the "ties that bind" restricting. The qualities of this name would find a more constructive outlet in work that involves high-pressure selling or promotional activities, possibly in community affairs, for it contains a positive, driving power.

From Kabalarians.com

The name of Ninette leads you to assume considerable responsibility and to prefer to work independently, without direction or interference from others because you have very definite ideas of your own. Your mind is quick to comprehend and you can be depended upon to do any job well. Because you tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist, you might insist on doing too many things yourself instead of delegating jobs to others who might do less satisfactory work. This name does make you quite direct and straight-to-the-point.

From Kabalarians.com

The name of Sophie has given you a friendly, likeable nature, and you could excel in artistic, dramatic, and musical expression. With this name, you desire the finer things in life, but you do not always have the resolve and vitality to put forth the effort necessary to fulfil your desires. Your emotional feelings are easily affected and you will always be involved in other people's problems as a result of your overly sympathetic nature.

i read your posts,liv and HM Queen Elizabeth2 but i think about godparents who would chose as close of johan and mabel since childhood friends or Princess Maxima or Princess Laurenterin would be! wait and see when christening plans!

Sara Boyce

Alisa said:
The name doesn't sound that as regal or elegant as say Sophie or Emma and it is a purely a cultural issue why the name sounds "vulgar". I personally prefer Emma and Sophie and am not too fond of Ninette and Luana.

Well yes, that is a reasonable explanationn as to why someone might say the name sounds "vulgar." But it would've been more clear if the person had said in my language the name sounds vulgar because it sounds like or is equated with such and such. Just to say that the name is "vulgar" without further support as to the reasons why makes it sound as if the person is disgusted herself or himself by the name.

Alexandria said:
I was e-mailed this picture -- is it the first picture of Countess Luana?

(If not, I will remove it.)

Awww, if she is Luana, she's a very sweet baby. I expected a baby who somewhat resembled her father as a baby though...or perhaps her cousins Eloise and Amalia. They all had a certain "look" as a newborn. This baby reminds me of Princess Louise of Belgium.

Cute/adorable baby :) but I don't think she's Countess Luana...could be wrong...

Alexandria said:
I was e-mailed this picture -- is it the first picture of Countess Luana?

(If not, I will remove it.)

No, on a Dutch forum someone posted this picture. But it was a 1-april joke:D

Luana. a very interesting name i must say. Though I would have thought that Emma would be a nicer name for a girl. I guess that her parents were attempting to be original.

The Watcher said:
No, on a Dutch forum someone posted this picture. But it was a 1-april joke:D

Ah, thanks The Watcher. I guess the joke was on me, then, too! :p (And here I thought I had escaped being the receiver of an April Fool's Day joke and having only been the prankster!)

I'll remove the photo now as to not create further confusion when pictures of the real Countess Luana are released!

When do you think will we see a photo of little Countess Luana?
Julia

No picture of Luana yet? It's been more than a week since her birth now.

I thought a picture of her would be released when Beatrix had gone to see her? Has Beatrix not gone to visit her new grandchild yet?

Does anyone know if Constantijn and Laurentien visited Luana while they were in London for Charles and Camilla's wedding?

No picture yet & I doubt if one will be released in the near future as Friso and Mabel are no members of the royal house. Maybe they will shoot a familyportrait to mark the Queens silver jubilee in which all the queens children(-in-law) and grandchildren are included.

I have heard that friso release a picture in a few days

any pictures of the little girl?

i think it is odd than no pictures have been realeesed

Mabel and Friso are no members of the royal house anymore so they don't have to publish a picture. But it would be kind if they do it :(

Attachments

• NL-Luana01-web.jpg
    NL-Luana01-web.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 751
  • NL-Luana02-web.jpg
    NL-Luana02-web.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 824
  • NL-Luana03-web.jpg
    NL-Luana03-web.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,513
Last edited by a moderator:
Yea finally a picture! Thanks xxPatrickxx! Queen Beatrix looks so happy.

The pictures are made this morning at Palace Huis ten Bosch. This is Luana's first visit to the Netherlands. (Luana is an old German name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom