40th Birthday Photoshoot of Prince Friso, Princess Mabel & Daughters: September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Esslingen
Country
Germany
What beautiful pictures! The girls have changed so much:flowers:

Those really are gorgeous pictures and for once I really like what Mabel's wearing. ;) The girls have indeed grown and are very cute (we last saw them during Ariane's baptism, isn't it?).

Thanks for sharing, Stefan! :flowers:

Thanks for posting those Stefan. Nice that the RF released some pictures fto mark this occassion, since tprince Friso and his family are not members of the royal house. I wonder where the pictures were taken, Kinderdijk or Zaanse Schans I suppose... Didn't prince Friso succeed his father as patron of the foundation of windmills? So a fitting background, and a nice gesture of HRH. Princess Mabel looks good, the hair and make up this way make her look softer.

They released more pictures to the press than the 3 above btw, look here.

Last edited:
lovely pictures! the girls have grown up so quickly. luana certainly looks like her cousin catharina amalia! zaria is adorable... she looks like a doll in a toy shop with those gorgeous blue eyes.

Lovely family.
Girls are cute. Luana looks like grandma Bea.

They look lovely and happy. I silly question do they both share the same date as a birthday or they combined both birthdays in one photoshoot??

They look lovely and happy. I silly question do they both share the same date as a birthday or they combined both birthdays in one photoshoot??
Odette there are no silly questions as my dad say.
Friso was born 21.09.1968 and Mabel 11.08.1968

Thank you magnik. (your father is a wise man):flowers:

I really like these photos. The smallest child looks like a little cherub. :)

Luana and Amalia do have a close resemblence to one another. Both look like Grandma Beatrix.:flowers:

I love the place where they had the photoshoot. Plus the 2 little girls looks adorable. Thanks for the picstures :flowers:

Amazing photos! Johan Friso looks so happy! And the girls are lovely! I think Mabel and Johan Friso are a really nice couple!!

So happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that Luana looks a lot like Johan Friso! They have the same smile! You can see it in the picture with her mother from belga! But I have to agree that she indeed is quite alike with her cousin Catharina Amalia!

No, Prince Friso was not born 21.09.1968! According to Wikipedia he was born 25.09.1968! And I think that this is the right date!

The photo´s are lovely, as well as the family. The little girls are very beatiful!

Thanks for posting those Stefan. Nice that the RF released some pictures fto mark this occassion, since tprince Friso and his family are not members of the royal house. I wonder where the pictures were taken, Kinderdijk or Zaanse Schans I suppose... Didn't prince Friso succeed his father as patron of the foundation of windmills? So a fitting background, and a nice gesture of HRH. Princess Mabel looks good, the hair and make up this way make her look softer.

They released more pictures to the press than the 3 above btw, look here.

Very sweet photos! Mabel is actually wearing something that is not strange. The little girls are adorable, and I love the photo of the family feeding the horse.

Lovely family photos and thank you for posting them.

The girls are really beautiful. Very nice photoshoot, IMO. Lovely background. I just love the picture of a happy-looking (!) Friso lifting up Luana. :wub:

The girls are really beautiful. Very nice photoshoot, IMO. Lovely background. I just love the picture of a happy-looking (!) Friso lifting up Luana. :wub:
Friso can be quite a happy man I'm sure. He's just very private and doesn't like being a Royal. He once said in an interview (I think it was when the Queen turned 50) that he hoped nothing would ever happen to WA. Not for his brother's sake (although I'm sure for that as well), but because then he would have to become King and that was the last thing he wanted!! Smart thing that he married Mabel:whistling::whistling:

Lucien, considering that Mabel and Friso do indeed visit Wiki and change information according to their wishes, it is absolutely imaginable that Johan Friso not only wanted his name to be changed into Friso but also his birthday to be switched from 21. to 25. Who knows?:cool:
The pictures are nice, a bit cliche background, the windmills (for their fifties they might want to consider tulips or maybe a gouda factory?) but Mabel looked surprisingly pretty and the girls are adorable. They could advertise for the dutch board of tourism.

Just a tiny question: why do the girls always dress alike in those photoshoots? (the triple A do too) and then with Mom almost looking the same it has a bit of laundry detergent commercial touch: "Mama makes the white brighter than sunshine - Mama's got the magic of clorox bleach.....":whistling:

I always dressed my girls alike when they were small, it is so much easier to find them if they managed to wander. It also stops any discussion about clothing.
My four children always wore the same coloured swimming suits too for the same reason.
I have always thought Mabel a very beautiful woman and these photos are excellent.

Lucien, considering that Mabel and Friso do indeed visit Wiki and change information according to their wishes, it is absolutely imaginable that Johan Friso not only wanted his name to be changed into Friso but also his birthday to be switched from 21. to 25. Who knows?:cool:
The pictures are nice, a bit cliche background, the windmills (for their fifties they might want to consider tulips or maybe a gouda factory?) but Mabel looked surprisingly pretty and the girls are adorable. They could advertise for the dutch board of tourism.

Just a tiny question: why do the girls always dress alike in those photoshoots? (the triple A do too) and then with Mom almost looking the same it has a bit of laundry detergent commercial touch: "Mama makes the white brighter than sunshine - Mama's got the magic of clorox bleach.....":whistling:

Friso is called Friso since his father told us all on the day after he was born and registered,as I remember very well,his calling name is Friso ever since. One.Second,wiki,is a present day untrustworthy nuisance more then a inspiring source of information where everyone is free to write,and delete,what and when they so please,there is no law against it,nor is it seen as a criminal act,so,don't try to create a certain criminal matter of it.Third.HRH Prince Friso is Patron of the Dutch Windmill Foundation,a post he inherited from his late beloved father Prince Claus and therefore alone is very dear to the Prince,and as they also celebrate their jubilee the background for the photoshoot was totally appropiate and moreover,a tribute to the memory of his father who past away 6 years ago early october but had his birthday on september 6th..

Last edited by a moderator:
It's true that you can change everything you want on a Wikepedia page (haven't they done something about that recently??), but please don't use a computer at Huis Ten Bosch, that's not very clever, is it??!!:whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom