Princess Laurentien's Work with Literacy and Learning

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pics 10.3.2009

10-03-2009 Utrecht :princess Laurentien attended the presentation of
the startpackage ''It begins with Reading'' in the Spoorwegmuseum in
Utrecht. The package is for employees in child care to promote children
with reading.

** ppe gallery **

HRH Princess Laurentien has accepted the post of Special Envoy on Illiteracy of UNESCO Worldwide
by special request of the Director-General mr.Koïchiro Matsuura.

I think it is marvellous!!She,no doubt,is THE person for that job,and I'm very happy for her!

The Princess was at the UNESCO HQ in Paris today.

As responsible dutch government minister for UNESCO Ronald Plasterk fully approves of the choice for the Princess.
:flowers:

Het Koninklijk Huis

Nice, I am happy that the Dutch royals that are involved with the UN are actually making the most of it and do not use it for 'window dressing'. Not to say that anybody does that, but that is quickly the assumption that is made when royals or celebrities are involved with the UN. In Willem-Alexander's, Maxima's and Laurentien's cases it does make sense since they devote a lot of time and activities to it. It is also nice that the government allows this, a far cry from when Prince Claus and Pieter van Vollenhoven were basically forced to do nothing constuctive in the 70-ties.

Last edited:
Her work is great. Hope that all princess could do what she does. :)

Vanesa.

Last edited:
Princess Laurentien attended the closure of Amsterdam World Book City today:

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe
:)

Did she also attend the opening of the World Book City? Do you know if she spoke at this event?

In an interview with newspaper 'Telegraaf' princess laurentien tells that she and the foundation reading & writing might go 'European'. She and the director of the foundation, Margreet de Vries, already met euro commiionsioner Jan Fagel (Education and Culture).

The foundation exists 5 years now.

It would be great if her foundation went "European" (I'm assuming that you mean that she would take her foundation's work to other nations). It sounds like this foundation helps a lot of people and does a lot of good work in promoting literacy and education. Laurentien would be a good spokesperson no matter what country she was presenting in.

The Princess will do the voice over for another do/feel- and listening book with stories from Sesame street.
This will be third book HRH works on,previously she lend her voice to `Nijntje` and `Winny the Poeh`.
The Princess was instructed by actor Willem Nijholt,who,in return,lend his voice to a book written by the
Princess and illustrator Sieb Posthuma that will be published in october.

Laurentien´s commitment to her causes is absolutely admirable.Chapeau!

The Princess will travel the country on the A to Z express train on tuesday september 8th and will speech on Illiteracy at the Ach-mea center,Zeist.

Het Koninklijk Huis

The Princess is,and has been for several years,one of the most keen and strong advocates in the fight against illiteracy.

The Princess will travel the country on the A to Z express train on tuesday september 8th and will speech on Illiteracy at the Ach-mea center,Zeist.

Het Koninklijk Huis

The Princess is,and has been for several years,one of the most keen and strong advocates in the fight against illiteracy.

HRH boarding the train at Breda today:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Robert Vos.

It is unbelievable that a country like Holland still has quite a lot of teenagers leaving school without being able to read or write (and they are not the dyslectic ones). I hope their number will decrease soon.

Last edited:
Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands, step-daughter of Queen Beatrix, Just published a book aimed at children, entitled "Mr Finney in de wereld op zijn kop.
Her husband, the Prince Constantijn and Princess Irene were present at the book presentation in Rotterdam. The book aims to make children think about the future of the planet and changing climate. An audio version is available.

La princesse Laurentien publie un livre pour enfants | Noblesse & Royautés

Princess Laurentien at the start of the national breakfast reading, an initiative of the Foundation Reading, at the Oscar Romeroschool in Rotterdam.
The Princess read out of the book Wiebel Billen Boogie by Guido van Genechten.

PPE Agency

Princess Laurentien at the start of the national breakfast reading, an initiative of the Foundation Reading, at the Oscar Romeroschool in Rotterdam.
The Princess read out of the book Wiebel Billen Boogie by Guido van Genechten.

PPE Agency

Wonderfull initiative by the Read and Write Foundation of the Princess.

Do you know what the title means?

"Wibbly wobbly Buttocks Boogie"..

Good for the Princess, I admire her for her passion to combat illiteracy. I have always liked Laurentien.

Back
Top Bottom