Princess Laurentien's Work with Literacy and Learning

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there a video of her speaking there? Or any pictures?

I would love to see pictures of her speaking. Maybe some will be released in the next few days?

I would love to see pictures of her speaking. Maybe some will be released in the next few days?

No,none,sorry.

HRH will be on a working visit to the province of Zeeland on monday the 6th,with the Minister for Education,Culture and Sciences,Mr.Ronald Plasterk,in her slipstream.The working visit in focused on the fight against illiteracy and in that frame HRH and her party will visit Middelburg and Vlissingen.

Het Koninklijk Huis

note:Yes,Middlesborough and Flushing for our forum members and lurkers from the US,the names derived from these dutch cities.

The same goes for Brooklyn (= Breukelen) and Harlem (= Haarlem).

Princess Laurentien was in Zeeland yesterday with minister Plasterk of Education (Labour). It seems the agencies missed it but luckily royalfanvivian was there and made some lovely photos (as usual) and she got a handshake of the princess too. Look at her website here.

--
Edit:
PZC has one photo, look here. The man with the hat is the minister of Education.

Last edited:
:previous:
10-11-2008 The Hague Princess Laurentien attended the congress of the MKB-Nederland in The Hague.
PPE Agency

Nice to see that the prime minister was there too, considering the important role the MKB has in society.
At first glance the MKB has next to nothing to do wih Laurentiens role with illiteracy I have moved the posts to the current event thread of Constantijn and Laurentien. The MKB stands for Midden & Klein Bedrijf Nederland, an organisation representing the smaller businesses. But the princess held a speech emphasizing the importance of litteracy in business :whistling:

Thank you for the information, Marengo. It is nice to see that Laurentiene was there to emphasize literacy in business (something that is very important, that we don't often think about). Laurentiene looked wonderful.

The Princess,Patron of the NLBB,will open the Louis Braille Year this saturday january 10,Utrecht.

It thus honours the 200th anniversary of the birth of Louis Braille,and aims at social integration and participation
of the blind and visibly disabled and to get these issues on the public and political agenda.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Pics 10.1.2009

Princess Laurentien at the opening of the Louis Braille year 2009 on
the 200th anniversary of the birth of Louis Braille Utrecht,10.01.09

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

I enjoyed seeing the photos of Laurentien meeting the people at the event. You could tell simply by her facial expressions that she was honored to have been there. She truly seems like a very warm and caring person.

Just from the pictures and from what she is speaking, dare I say, I love Princess Laurentien.

HRH will give the Book of Importance to the Chair of the Second Chamber of Parliament mrs. G.Verbeet.Thursday january 15th.
The book urges for more (international) attention for Illiteracy.

The Book is a combined initiative of the Read & Write Foundation and the Global Campaign for Education.

The Princess,Patron of Amsterdam World Booktown,wrote a foreword.

HRH will give the Book of Importance to the Chair of the Second Chamber of Parliament mrs. G.Verbeet.Thursday january 15th.
The book urges for more (international) attention for Illiteracy.

The Book is a combined initiative of the Read & Write Foundation and the Global Campaign for Education.

The Princess,Patron of Amsterdam World Booktown,wrote a foreword.

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe

The Princess will open the National Reading Breakfast days with reading for children at the Central Library,The Hague this morning.:flowers:

Tomorrow princess Laurentien hosts a meeting for the foundation reading & writing in palace Noordeinde. Several well known dutch people are invited as they are ambassadors etc. for the foundation. Among them: Andre Rieu, Daphne Dekkers, Ed Nijpels, Humberto Tan, Frans Bauer, Pieter van den Hoogenband, Paul Witteman, Paul de Leeuw and others.

The Princess will open the exhibition "Read" at the Scryption museum for Written Communication,Tilburg.
"Read" is an exhibition on learning how to read.
Het Koninklijk Huis

HRH will present the starters packadge "It starts with Reading" at the Railway Museum,Utrecht tomorrow march 11th.

Back
Top Bottom