Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, News & Events Part 3 (Aug 2007 - Dec 17)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Constantijn has become Patron of the World Press Photo Foundation,Amsterdam.

The,(dutch based and founded in 1955),non-profit organisation says it is overjoyed and honoured that
HRH has choosen to be it's patron according to Alexander Rinnooy Kan,Chair of the Foundation.

The foundation aims at supporting the work of professional internationally operating photographers.

Good to see that the Prince is expanding his ´duties´ in The Netherlands somewhat. The world press photo foundation is a rather interesting cause. Do you know if he has any other patronages apart from this one? Something to do with Europe maybe?

He's also an Honorary Chair of the Prince Claus Foundation,
Chairman of the foundation "The Hague Process on Refugees and Migration,
Patron of the National Musical Instrument Fund.

More here:
The Dutch Royal House

I am glad for him, a very likeable guy in my opinion

I love the pictures of her with the children, she looks wonderful. I keep saying this but there is realy something about her. She is so real. And i love her clothes.

24-01-2008 The Hague Princess Laurentien and Prince Constantijn attended the opening of the new building of the National Theatre in The Hague.

PPE Agency

Laurentien looked really great! She can look really stylish.

24-01-2008 The Hague Princess Laurentien and Prince Constantijn attended the opening of the new building of the National Theatre in The Hague.

PPE Agency

Laurentien looked really great! She can look really stylish.

she does doesn't she. thanks for the wonderful pictures.

Prince Constantijn,Honorary-Chair of the Prince Claus Fund,will speech and present the Cultural Emergency Respons program of the Prince Claus Fund at the TEFAF Fine Art and Antique Fair,Maastricht,march 7th.

Cultural Emergency Respons provides emergency first aid to for cultural heritage that have been damaged or destroyed by man-made or natural disasters....which,more or less,boils down to the same..

Prince Constantijn,Honorary-Chair of the Prince Claus Fund,will speech and present the Cultural Emergency Respons program of the Prince Claus Fund at the TEFAF Fine Art and Antique Fair,Maastricht,march 7th.

Cultural Emergency Respons provides emergency first aid to for cultural heritage that have been damaged or destroyed by man-made or natural disasters....which,more or less,boils down to the same..

Speech by HRH today:
Het Koninklijk Huis

TEFAF Maastricht 2008:

TEFAF Maastricht - Intro

Princess Laurentien will open the 3rd theme healthcare congres,"Company on the Move",Amersfoort.
Het Koninklijk Huis

HRH will also read the 24 hour Reading Marathon,organized by Royal Visio,to the finish with the visibly
disabled and blind participants,Apeldoorn.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Hello Everyone,

Please note that all posts regarding Laurentien and Literacy/Learning have been moved to this thread, and further posts on these subjects should be posted there.

Thanks

Empress, Marengo, Anna_R and Lady K
Dutch Forum Moderators

As I posted/announced her events for today here,would you mind if I post the pics of today here too this once?Otherwise people have to switch from thread to thread to learn all on one and the same issue.

Courtesy PPE/ v/d Werf
PPE Agency

Het Koninklijk Huis

HRH Princess Laurentien performed the kick-off of the international World Booktown 2008 at the Unesco HQ,Paris today.
World Booktown 2008 is Amsterdam.

Speech by HRH:

Het Koninklijk Huis

I actually passed Westerkerk yesterday and saw some policemen and an AA-car, a red carpet and a guy who opens doors of cars. Didn't wait for the princess though. And as I was with a friend who lives across the canal I could see 5 cars driving by every 10 minutes with the text 'Geen' 'Stad' 'Zonder' 'Boeken' , on the top of 4 cars. They drove from Rozengracht over prinsengracht to leliegracht and back, 20 times or more...

Last edited:
Prince Constantijn will hand-out the World Press Photo Award at the Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ,Amsterdam sunday april 27th.

Princess Laurentien will also be in attendance.

Het Koninklijk Huis

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Royalimages.

Last edited:
Prince Constantijn and his son Count Claus-Casimir attended the rugby match Netherlands - Germany at the Dutch Rugby Center,Amsterdam,this afternoon.

courtesy HJA's Royalblog.
:flowers:

http://www.royalblog.nl/

HRH Prince Constantijn will attend the first day of the Jubilee congress;"Congress of Europe,building the future of Europe together" by the European Movement.

At it's first meeting,early 1948,the then Princess Juliana and Prince Bernhard were in attendance thus emphazising the importance of the
idea of a united Europe.In the early sixties,their daughter Princess Beatrix became more and more,and very enthousiastically,involved in the movement.

The Prince will attend the opening session tomorrow,his elder brother The Prince of Orange will attend the concluding session on saturday,thus emphasizing the importance the matter has within the RF..

Nieuwe Kerk,The Hague.

Ahead of her 42nd birthday,this sunday may 25th,here some pics of another of our exemplary Royals:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Royalimages/all photographers.
:)

There is something about this Princess I like and though sometimes she looks odd she always seems as if she is enjoying what is goimg on around her.

You are so right! Always an element of "Look at me!" ALWAYS posing for the camera.
I was ready to praise her restraint in dress (nice print dress, more subdued jewelry) and then I saw the full-length photo and saw her blue stockings!
She always just misses the mark --- again: "Look at me"

Just read the whole thread --- I don't think that I have ever seen Laurentien in the same outfit twice (of course, some of her outfits should be tossed after the first wearing because they are so hideous!)
Her clothing budget must be enormous plus all of the costume jewelry and shoes.
Laurentien doesn't believe in recycling her clothes and must a clothing shop's best friend!

HRH Prince Constantijn will attend the first day of the Jubilee congress;"Congress of Europe,building the future of Europe together" by the European Movement.

At it's first meeting,early 1948,the then Princess Juliana and Prince Bernhard were in attendance thus emphazising the importance of the
idea of a united Europe.In the early sixties,their daughter Princess Beatrix became more and more,and very enthousiastically,involved in the movement.

The Prince will attend the opening session tomorrow,his elder brother The Prince of Orange will attend the concluding session on saturday,thus emphasizing the importance the matter has within the RF..

Nieuwe Kerk,The Hague.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Prince Constantijn,Chair of the The Hague Process on Refugees and Migration,attended the forum on corporate life and migration,Manilla.
Het Koninklijk Huis

ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Royalimages.

Last edited:
Princess Laurentien,President of the European Culture Foundation,opened the "Stranger Festival" at the Westergasfabriek,Amsterdam tonight.A festival on young experienced,or starting,videomakers,workshops,debating training etc etc.

Youngsters from 49 countries participate.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom