Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, News & Events Part 3 (Aug 2007 - Dec 17)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Head up to those who have Dutch television: Princess Laurentien will be interviewed by 'Blauw Bloed'. It will be broadcasted next saturday 19.35 at the EO. I suppose the topic will be illiteracy.

GDP newspapers has an interview with princess Laurentien and some new pictures too, look here. The title is 'Princess Laurentien learns a lot from low-lettered people' .

HRH,President of the European Culturel Foundation,is attending the Vincent Awards,aka The Vincent van Gogh Biennal Awards for Contemporary Art,at the Municipal Museum,Amsterdam this afternoon.

Nominees for the Award are :

Francis Alys,1959,Belgium
Liam Gillick,1960,Austria
Deimantas Nakavieius,1964,Lithuania
Rebecca Warren,1965,United Kingdom.
Het Koninklijk Huis

HRH,President of the European Culturel Foundation,is attending the Vincent Awards,aka The Vincent van Gogh Biennal Awards for Contemporary Art,at the Municipal Museum,Amsterdam this afternoon.

Nominees for the Award are :

Francis Alys,1959,Belgium
Liam Gillick,1960,Austria
Deimantas Nakavieius,1964,Lithuania
Rebecca Warren,1965,United Kingdom.
Het Koninklijk Huis

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.

Great photos, interesting outfit. Thanks for the link, Lucien!

Now, I'm slightly disappointed to see Laurentien dressed so conservaively! :D

Conservative? I think you missed the trousers, they are fit for a circus (IMHO of course); look here.

I'm afraid I was just joking, I meant "conservative" - Laurentien has never let me down in that way. ;)
Btw, strange enough, this outfit has grown on me, it's so Laurentien! :rolleyes:

Yes it is ver Laurentien! I love that a princess dare to dress a bit strange and with outfits that is surprising, because there are also those princesses that dress so "safe" that they almost get boring. Like CP Mary of Denmark. CP Mary is gorgeous, but it has become very boring to see her really. Always correct dressed, and never do any fashion mistakes. Even though I like CP Mary's style too, I like the freshness and braveness of Laurentien. :)

Prince Constantijn becomes the patron of the organisation study-fund Oskar Back. Since 1967 the fund organises the national violin concours.

source: royalblog

What does this article say? Do you know if they released any more photos from the event?

From PPE
14-10-2008 The Hague Princess Laurentien attended the celebration of 100 year Christian Gymnasium Sorghvliet, the former high school of the Princess, at the Kloosterkerk in The Hague.
PPE Agency

I actually like what she is wearing! Its always nice to go back and visit your old school. See how it has changed

Only Laurentien did not go back to her school, the school celebrated the thing in a church, the Kloosterkerk, where Princess Ariane was baptized. HM usually goes to this church on sundays too.

Well thats misleading I made the same misunderstanding as crm2317 did...
And yes she looks...Good (WOW)

Conservative? I think you missed the trousers, they are fit for a circus (IMHO of course); look here.
This outfit is great on her -- it is her, and she is not afraid to wear it plus she has that great smile. I give her credit. She seems to be secure in her skin.

Laurentien must have had a great time yesterday, participating in the celebrations of her old high school. I always love to go back to my old high school, I had a wonderful time there. So at least once a year I go there to attend a mass that takes places there every year. I've been going to it since the mid eighties (my dad teaches at my old high school) and it really is very special. I hope for Laurentien that she has good memories about her school time too.

Btw, I really like what she's wearing. Very normal, I knew she could do it. ;)

From PPE
14-10-2008 The Hague Princess Laurentien attended the celebration of 100 year Christian Gymnasium Sorghvliet, the former high school of the Princess, at the Kloosterkerk in The Hague.
PPE Agency

Wow! She looks normal ;). It looks like she was very happy to attend this event. I hope that she was able to reconnect with her school friends.

HRH will attend the Lack of Time campaign,an initiative of the "Handicap - Study) expertise center,
at the NHTV International Education,Breda,today.

The campaign aims at students with,often invisible,disabilities like RSi,dyslexia,pfychical problems etc.
The campaign points out the special schemes in order to relieve the study to them.

HRH Princess Laurentien is Patron of the Handicap - Study expertise center.

HRH will attend the Lack of Time campaign,an initiative of the "Handicap - Study) expertise center,
at the NHTV International Education,Breda,today.

The campaign aims at students with,often invisible,disabilities like RSi,dyslexia,pfychical problems etc.
The campaign points out the special schemes in order to relieve the study to them.

HRH Princess Laurentien is Patron of the Handicap - Study expertise center.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Prince Constantijn,Patron,attended the jubilee of the National Musicinstruments Fund at the Concertgebouw,Amsterdam last night.

The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra,btw,has been chosen as the worlds best orchestra.Second and third are the Berliner Philharmoniker
and the Wiener Philharmoniker respectively.

Last edited:
Princess Laurentien will attend,and speech at,the "Asia Panda Ball" of the World Wildlife Fund,Singapore today on invitation
of Mr.James Leape,International Director of the WWF. ( Founded by the late Prince Bernhard in the early sixties).

HRH will speech on the theme;"Protecting biodiversity & reducing our footprint,our shared responsibility".

It is the first time the Panda Ball is held in Singapore,it was previously held in Switserland and Monaco.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Pic 21.11.2008

Princess Laurentien poses with the WWF panda mascot at the Asia Panda
Ball organized by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) held on Friday Nov.
21, 2008 in Singapore. The ball supports the WWF Singapore Conservation
Fund, with special efforts on raising awareness about the Coral triangle and
its contributions in the region, as well as the threats it currently faces.
A haute couture gown designed by Isabell Kristensen and worn by Charlene
Wittstock at the previous ball held in Monaco was up for auction at the
current ball.

------> Pic

She looks lovely in this photo! How long will she be in Singapore? Will there be additional visits during this trip?

No.HRH returned to Brussels over the weekend.

Speech by HRH:

Het Koninklijk Huis

Her speech was very impressive. I didn't know that she lived in Asia when she was a teen. One of the things that has always impressed me with Laurentien is her intelligence. Whenever I read her speeches or interviews, I am always struck by how knowledgeable she seems, and how much she truly understands and cares about the various causes that she supports.

Princess Laurentien received the Do, feel and listen book as patroness of the NLBB association in Artis Zoo in Amsterdam.

PPE Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom