Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, News & Events Part 3 (Aug 2007 - Dec 17)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious why Prince Constantijn has held down a job like any normal person, i.e., attending business school, working for Rand, and then someone in the EU admiistration. While I do not want to seem rude, I am curious as to whether the wealth of the Dutch Royal Family has dwindled with time, and that as the third son who is not going to be King --- he is compelled to hold paid positions. He and has family has also lived outside the Netherlands. I give him a lot of credit because he has worked very hard, attended some of the finest schools, etc As an American, we have stereotypes about "Royalty," but I have also heard that not all Royal Houses are endowed with endless wealth. Can someone comment? Thank you.

Princess Laurentien, Prince Constantijn and their children attended the presentation of
Laurentien's 2nd book "Mr. Finney and the other site of the water" today, February
2nd, at the Oceanium of Blijdorp Zoo in Rotterdam.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
I am curious why Prince Constantijn has held down a job like any normal person, i.e., attending business school, working for Rand, and then someone in the EU admiistration. While I do not want to seem rude, I am curious as to whether the wealth of the Dutch Royal Family has dwindled with time, and that as the third son who is not going to be King --- he is compelled to hold paid positions. He and has family has also lived outside the Netherlands. I give him a lot of credit because he has worked very hard, attended some of the finest schools, etc As an American, we have stereotypes about "Royalty," but I have also heard that not all Royal Houses are endowed with endless wealth. Can someone comment? Thank you.

You do not want to seem rude?And you could have read all there is to know in the thread already,yet I never fail to explain it all again...Well,what about people just working for a living as to give their lives a purpose,a goal,add something to society and all that,making their lives usefull to the community?That,and that alone is the reason for the Prince's carrier.Both,Constantijn and Friso.They are blessed with extremely intellectual gifts...rare these days.. and put that to use.We,in our Royal Family,do not tolerate freeloaders as at other places is common.Ours is not common in the brains department,and in that they too are quite rare...As far as brains,and abilities our RF is second to none,except for the Norwegian RF maybe,but other then that there is a huge gap between here and Timbuktu...

None is compelled,they do so as free citizens,to hold a job,they are thus examplary to several guys in the same position.They wanted to have a carrier of their own instead of being catapulted into a position due to their status,as happens with the brainless and less cell-abundance fortunate types in Royal Families.Ours have CHOOSEN to have that carrier.Only with Walt Disney they sit around idle kissing sweet little ugly princesses and eating from gold plates.

Working is a very healthy thing to do at all levels,any family funds is not of any consequence.If you ask for it,lets say none would ever have to work ever again except living of the interest of the family fortune.Any other talk of cashflow is simply vulgair,we here never mention that,it is not an issue and never was,nor will be as it is simply not opportune,and private.

For less fortunate royals,don't search in northern Europe,that's more of the exiled types,or former monarchies sort of thing,and Princes turned frogs....:).

Last edited:
Princess laurentien was interviewed by 'De Wereld Draait Door' about her new book on Mr. Finney:

Prinses Laurentien - 02-02-2011 : De Wereld Draait Door

I am not a great fan of royals appearing in such shows, but well...

Courtesy: fanvanmaxima on ATR

The Princess started a series of interviews with children this week,for either their schoolpaper and/or magazines ( Margriet ao...).

"Children are pure and direct so they ask everything" according to the Princess.They want to know how my children feel
having such a famous grandmother and how they call her...
How I met Constantijn and on is it difficult to be a Princess;" In the beginning,yes,as everyone has an opinion of you
all of a sudden,but you know,I think it best to behave everywhere as if you would do at home,otherwise it gets far
too complicated".

Princess Laurentien at the presentation of her Spanish edition of the book ''Mr Finney y el munda pata amiba'' at the Hof der Lagelanden school in Madrid, April 14, 2011.
The Princess started reading the Dutch and Spanish version of her book for the students. The book is published by SM Ediciones publishing house.
PPE gallery

Princess Laurentien at the presentation of her Spanish edition of the book ''Mr Finney y el munda pata amiba'' at the Hof der Lagelanden school in Madrid, April 14, 2011.
The Princess started reading the Dutch and Spanish version of her book for the students. The book is published by SM Ediciones publishing house.
PPE gallery

Princess Laurentien is just great,such an asset to the RF!:)

Here are two nice additions to yesterday's pics: Laurentien reading to the
children and a presentation outside:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

HRH Prince Constantijn,Patron of the Studyfund Oscar Back Foundation,organiser of the annual contest,will hand-out the Prizes to the winners of the 23rd National Violin Contest Oscar Back at the Concertgebouw,Amsterdam on thursday april 28th.

HRH Princess Laurentien will accompany her husband.

Prince Constantijn and princess Laurentien of the Netherlands arriving at the Concertgebouw (Concert Hall) in Amsterdam to attend the National Violin Concours. April 28, 2011

BelgaPicture - Category details

Prince Constantijn has presented the World Press Photo Award 2010 to the South African
photographer Jodi Bieber in Amsterdam, 07 May 2011. The winning picture shows Bibi Aisha,
18, who was disfigured as retribution for fleeing her husband's house in Oruzgan province,
in the center of Afghanistan.

Princess Laurentien attended as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

On wednesday may 25th HRH Princess Laurentien will celebrate her 45th birthday.A series of portraits by ANP mark the occasion.:)

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy ANP:)

Princess Laurentien and Prince Constantijn attended the opening of the exhibition "Inwards and
Onwards" of Anton Corbijn at the Foam photography museum in Amsterdam, Jne 23, 2011. The
exhibition includes black and white portraits of Corbijn's favourite artists.

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

Princess Laurentien at the klimaatpenning award in Utrecht.
The Princess awarded KNMI Julas Kortenhorst and the Uganda foundation with the klimaatpenning. June 24, 2011

PPE Agency Princess

Prince Constantijn will open the Prince Claus Hall at the European Centre for Development Policy Management,Maastricht this afternoon.

Princess L seems to be a real quality type of person, not only involved in designer clothes and exotic vacations. She is also the type of person who looks better with age, like an expensive wine

Last edited:

Prince Constantijn has opened the newly-renovated ECDPM offices and inaugurated the Prince Claus
Hall at the European Centre for Development Policy Management (ECDPM) in Maastricht today, June 30.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery ** belga/anp **

The Netherlands is guest of honour at the 2011 Beijing International Book Fair BIBF from August 31
till September 4. The Dutch exhibit, which covers an area of 1500 m2, is called "Open Landscape –
Open Book".

Today, Princess Laurentien attended the 2011 Beijing International Publishing Forum in Beijing, she
will also officially present the Chinese translation of her children's book "Mr Finney and the World
Turned Upside-down".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Princess Laurentien touring the 18th Beijing International Book Fair and presenting
her book in Beijing, China, August 31, 2011.

Princess Laurentien gave a lecture at the 18th Beijing International Book Fair in
Beijing, China, September 2, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The Netherlands is guest of honour at the 2011 Beijing International Book Fair BIBF from August 31
till September 4. The Dutch exhibit, which covers an area of 1500 m2, is called "Open Landscape –
Open Book".

Today, Princess Laurentien attended the 2011 Beijing International Publishing Forum in Beijing, she
will also officially present the Chinese translation of her children's book "Mr Finney and the World
Turned Upside-down".

It was not the chinese translation tho,the book is published in english in China...for the time being.Many Chinese love to give their child...(They're only allowed to have one..:ermm:.) a multi-lingual education and english is most popular.:)

Prince Constantijn attended the celebration for the 15th anniversary of the Prince Claus
Fund in Den Haag, September 6, 2011. The first copy of the book "Cultural Emergency in
Conflict and Disaster" was presented.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery

Princess Laurentien attended the presentation of the new Mr. Finney product "The Tijdmeester"
at the Tropen museum in Amsterdam, September 28, 2011.

The Tijdmeester (Time master) is a clock to make children aware of the time they spend watching
TV, under the shower or reading a book.

** ppe gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom