Eloise, Claus-Casimir and Leonore, News and Pictures Part 1: July 2003 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering why the children of Prince Constantijin and Princess Lauerentien's child are not styled prince/princess of the Netherlands?
And by the way those are rally nice pictures of the Dutch royals together.
Thanks to anyone who answers this quetion in advance.

I am wondering why the children of Prince Constantijin and Princess Lauerentien's child are not styled prince/princess of the Netherlands?
And by the way those are rally nice pictures of the Dutch royals together.
Thanks to anyone who answers this quetion in advance.

Because the government wanted to limit the Title Prince/Princess. I think they should have got the same style as the children of Princess Margriet Prince/Princess of Orange-Nassau with the style of Highness.

Yes, that would certainly be more logical. But the problem is that there are so many of them. We already have seven grown up princes and princesses right now (the sons of Bea and Margriet and their wives) and seriously, I think that there are more than enough Dutch citizens who think that everything they do is paid for by the Dutch state, which the title of prince/princess means to a lot of people. Add to that the titles of the four children of Irene (who of course got the titles through their dad) and things get even mistier. So not to let get things out of hand they decided to style the children of Constantijn and Friso count/countess. That's a wise choice, imo. Titles doesn't mean much in Dutch society, so to have 8 princes and 14 princesses running around just doesn't make much sense. Otherwise you get situations like in Belgium where there's just no keeping up with it all (with Philippe, Astrid and Laurent all three having a bunch of kids styled prince/princess) and this thing just doesn't fit our country. Even I think so and well, I love the DRF dearly and think there can't be enough of them. ;)

Because the government wanted to limit the Title Prince/Princess. I think they should have got the same style as the children of Princess Margriet Prince/Princess of Orange-Nassau with the style of Highness.

Prince Constatijin and Princess Laurentien 's children could have recieved the title of Duke/Duchess of Netherlands with the style highess.
I don't know what the turn out would be since I am not Dutch I hope this idea would not cause any problems for the government.

Prince Constatijin and Princess Laurentien 's children could have recieved the title of Duke/Duchess of Netherlands with the style highess.
I don't know what the turn out would be since I am not Dutch I hope this idea would not cause any problems for the government.

I am Dutch but I am no expert in titles. But I do know that the title Duke or Duchess is not known in the Netherlands. And the next most important title in the Netherlands is count or countess. So they do have one of the highest titles in the Netherlands.

I don't think it was just the government but also the royal family itself that no longer wanted the HH's style. It's also confusing the HH and HRH thing because they both end up with prince/princess titles and I've noticed people from outisde The Netherlands - those not up to date with knowledge of royalty - tend to think because of that title that the sons of Margriet are in fact the sons of Beatrix.

I am glad the title prince/princess is now reserved for the kids of the (future) monarch and no further. It will also make it easier for the kids of Constantijn and Friso to have a normal life & jobs.

I am surprise that count/countess would be the second highest title in the Netherlands.Being I am not Dutch but American going by nobility count/countess is the third highest title.While in Dutch it is much higher atleast the prince and the princess children get to hold a title.I seen some children were both parents held a title and the child not inherit any type of title at all.

I am surprise that count/countess would be the second highest title in the Netherlands.Being I am not Dutch but American going by nobility count/countess is the third highest title.While in Dutch it is much higher atleast the prince and the princess children get to hold a title.I seen some children were both parents held a title and the child not inherit any type of title at all.

There are no Duchies (Dukedoms) in the Netherlands, therefore we have no Dukes. There used to be a Duke of Gelderland (Gelre) centuries ago, but that's no longer there.

There are no Duchies (Dukedoms) in the Netherlands, therefore we have no Dukes. There used to be a Duke of Gelderland (Gelre) centuries ago, but that's no longer there.

I did not know that like I mention before I am not Dutch so I was guessing what titles the the prince and princess children would hold without affecting the government.

Very cute photos! The children have gotten so big!

The children have gotten so big, especially Leonore. The children are so cute, I think the older two look like their mother, but Leonore looks a little different, a little bit more like her cousins

Laurentien and her kids at the premiere of the "Grote Terra POP concert"

It must be ages ago since we last saw Leonore. She turned into such a big girl!

More pics of this event can be found on the website of Reni. There are some really nice ones with balloons!

Reni van Maren

So nice to see pictures of them again! :wub:
I think Eloise really look a lot like her mother. And she also remind me a lot of my Godchild, they look quite alike from the nose and up. The youngest has really grown quite a bit too! It is really noticeable changes when they are so small. Eloise is easy to recognize, but Leonore was a bit harder to recognize.

Thank you for posting the pics of them! I like watching pics in this board! :flowers:

Eloise and Claus-Casimir both look exactly like Laurentien, IMO. They are very cute!

You're right they are very cute!

Please, how is to be pronounced in the Dutch language the Christian name of Princess Laurentien?

Well it is Peetra, but you need a dutch 'p' and a dutch 'r' to pronounce it correctly. We have a short p and a hard 'r'

Look at my website www.oranjekinderen.web-log.nl for pictures of Eloise, Claus and Leonore

Count Claus had his very first official engagement yesterday as he layed the first stone for the renovation and expansion project of Panorama Mesdag,a famous huge mural of the fishing village of Scheveningen in the mid 19th century.He was accompanied by his maternal grandfather,former ambassador and government minister Laurens Jan Brinkhorst.

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Robin Utrecht:)

http://www.panorama-mesdag.com/#pagina=920

The Netherlands largest mural.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I like the fact that Claus-Casimir has a double hyphenated first name.

Count Claus Casimir and his cousin To Brinkhorst (son of Laurentien's brother Marius) were approached in Madurodam in The Hague by the children's tv programme ''Mindf*ck', which features an illusionist.

Graaf Claus-Casimir in tv-programma Mindf*ck | De Oranjes

We don't get to see many pictures of Constantijn's children outside the Dutch media. As Claus-Casimir grows up, it appears to me that he is starting to show the distinctive Orange facial features.

How cute he is and the spitting image of his mother !!!!

Eloise and Leonore together with their grandmother Jantien Brinkhorst-Heringa attended the dance event "Free to move" in Den Haag yesterday, August 31:

** ppe gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom