Eloise, Claus-Casimir and Leonore, News and Pictures Part 1: July 2003 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely interview.

Lovely girl.

May someone translate the interview?

Nice, down-to-earth and sensible girl and an unexpected interview. Much to my surprise she has not the usual posh accent but talks in a normal way and with a bit of a The Hague accent even.

She talks mostly about her instagram account.

They also say that she has a job in a restaurant the next months until she can start her studies, hotel management is her preferred choice.

Last edited:
Oh thank you Marengo! Eloise is a breath of fresh air. I love her!

Eloise does well at wanting to give off the impression that she's a normal girl - like her mother she seems very down to earth and likeable. I'll look forward into seeing more of her in the near future!

Ohhh, I really loved seeing her in the video. Loved her voice and how easy-going she is. Eloise really looks very down-to-earth girl.

Countess Eloïse gave her first instagram live interview last night - on instagram.

Apparently she is going to the Hotel school of Amsterdam - not of The Hague.

Somebody suggested that she had her last name to thank for her being allowed to attend that school. She replied that she has worked very hard at school and studied hard to be admitted.

To another question she responded that she lives in a normal house and that she has a normal life, without security, which she likes a lot.

She does not have a boyfriend now but she had one in the past and has kissed him.

She calls her uncle 'Alex' while people call her Elo, Elolo or Lo.

She says her family did not impose rules on her about what to say and not to say on social media, she herself knows where the boundaries are. Having that said she answers another question about the American rapper Kanye West with the not very diplomatic insight that 'I think that America is one big joke'.

https://www.ad.nl/show/gravin-eloise-openhartig-op-instagram-mijn-oom-noem-ik-gewoon-alex~aee5b799/

I am not quite sure if this is what the RF needs though I suppose as Eloise is not a member of the Royal House she can do as she pleases. Teenage royals with social media is a new issue and I suppose it is a situation of trial and error.

I am really surprise she does not have security as she is from a very rich family ,
Her parents did not grow up with social media, so I think the new generations of royals have a full plate regarding this !

I am really surprise she does not have security as she is from a very rich family ,
Her parents did not grow up with social media, so I think the new generations of royals have a full plate regarding this !

Do princes Constantijn and Laurentien have security guards?

Countess Eloïse gave her first instagram live interview last night - on instagram.

Somebody suggested that she had her last name to thank for her being allowed to attend that school. She replied that she has worked very hard at school and studied hard to be admitted.

To another question she responded that she lives in a normal house and that she has a normal life, without security, which she likes a lot.

She does not have a boyfriend now but she had one in the past and has kissed him.

She says her family did not impose rules on her about what to say and not to say on social media, she herself knows where the boundaries are. Having that said she answers another question about the American rapper Kanye West with the not very diplomatic insight that 'I think that America is one big joke'.

https://www.ad.nl/show/gravin-eloise-openhartig-op-instagram-mijn-oom-noem-ik-gewoon-alex~aee5b799/

I am not quite sure if this is what the RF needs though I suppose as Eloise is not a member of the Royal House she can do as she pleases. Teenage royals with social media is a new issue and I suppose it is a situation of trial and error.

I mean, she isn't wrong...

At least the countess understands that there are boundaries she must follow due to her family even though she falls outside of the Royal House (which I personally think is defined too restrictively).

Justine Marcella of Vorsten Magazine has put the whole instagram interview session on youtube:

After 45 minutes Eloise is joined by her sister Leonore.

Apparently the family is going to Sicily on vacation. This week was Eloise's last work day in a restaurant in the Hague and last weekend she went with her mother's family to Bad Driburg in Germany to celebrate her grand parents 60th wedding anniversary.

a revealing interview by eloise, i am surprised she mentioned about her past boyfriend for example.

'Somebody suggested that she had her last name to thank for her being allowed to attend that school' -- what a horrible thing for someone to say to a young lady who keeps a really low profile.

Unfortunately such questions arise whenever a royal, even a pretty minor one here, get into a competitive school like the Hotel school is. We saw the same with Elisabeth when she got into the school in Wales (though with her it was more understandable as she is a senior royal/heir).

There is an interview process as part of the application. I guess some people just assume her name got her through that step.

I feel bad for Eloise who has worked her butt off to get into the program, and now faces people suggesting her name bought her way in.

I have looked at the school website, its a really interesting program. Its the same school, she is just going to the Amsterdam campus instead of the Hague campus. Their first year they live in dorms which are set up like a hotel. They live as well as do their work experience there, to get training for their degree. Its a great idea for training people to work in hospitality.

I think she is wise enough not to mention her relatives in any great detail. Maybe if she was focused on being an internet star, then it would be a worry. Although, this is likely her attraction to many of her followers.

what kind of careers does hotel school give to its graduates? managing hotels, restaurants and the like?

I like that Eloise is able to have a pretty "normal" life. From her posts you'd think she was just another teen on social media. She seems to be a friendly and down to earth person, much like Laurentien.

I think she is wise enough not to mention her relatives in any great detail. Maybe if she was focused on being an internet star, then it would be a worry. Although, this is likely her attraction to many of her followers.

I think most of Eloise's followers are there for her "influencer" content rather than her royal connections. I follow her on Instagram and it seems to be mostly people her age following her, engaging with her giveaway posts and selfies. There are only a handful of people who identify as royal watchers within her comment sections. Eloise has also done collaborations with local models and other Instagram influencers, so that has probably increased her audience too.

what kind of careers does hotel school give to its graduates? managing hotels, restaurants and the like?

yes, of course. they train to work in every field of a hotel from housekeeping, kitchen (basics), serving in bar/restaurant and reception desk....
though today there are courses at university one can take, it is widely respected when future managers started with a classic training a Hotelschule gives you, because it is not only theoretical but teaches you the practical side aswell as empathy for all needs a guest may have.

a revealing interview by eloise, i am surprised she mentioned about her past boyfriend for example.

'Somebody suggested that she had her last name to thank for her being allowed to attend that school' -- what a horrible thing for someone to say to a young lady who keeps a really low profile.

well, some try to provoke a bad reaction, but I think she did it very well and natural. I din't think she was off for being an influencer only but always had plans to work outside the virtual world. as the dutch RF has done good before with spares or siblings to the heir having real jobs and work for their living, and it went well, they have far less drama than the BRF f.e.

yes, of course. they train to work in every field of a hotel from housekeeping, kitchen (basics), serving in bar/restaurant and reception desk....
though today there are courses at university one can take, it is widely respected when future managers started with a classic training a Hotelschule gives you, because it is not only theoretical but teaches you the practical side aswell as empathy for all needs a guest may have.

In the Netherlands there aren't 'university courses' to take related to the hospitality business - the closest would probably something related to cultural studies with a master in tourism and culture - but that's still not comparable at all to running a hotel business. So, for those wanting to go into the hospitality business this is indeed the most likely choice.

In the dual higher education system with (research) universities and professional higher education (sometimes called 'universities of applied sciences - but NOT considered universities in the Netherlands) all hospitality related degrees are at the 'professional' level; which requires a lower track (HAVO) than university studies (VWO) - although Eloise did get the high school diploma for the higher track (VWO); so she could have gone on to earn a university degree.

In the Netherlands there aren't 'university courses' to take related to the hospitality business - the closest would probably something related to cultural studies with a master in tourism and culture - but that's still not comparable at all to running a hotel business. So, for those wanting to go into the hospitality business this is indeed the most likely choice.

In the dual higher education system with (research) universities and professional higher education (sometimes called 'universities of applied sciences - but NOT considered universities in the Netherlands) all hospitality related degrees are at the 'professional' level; which requires a lower track (HAVO) than university studies (VWO) - although Eloise did get the high school diploma for the higher track (VWO); so she could have gone on to earn a university degree.

it was @carlota who has asked about the schools.

it was @carlota who has asked about the schools.

Yes, I am aware of that - I was responding to your comment that "today there are courses at university one can take" - which might be true in other countries but is not the case in the Netherlands. Other than that, I fully agree with your assessment that this is the right choice for someone interested in hospitality management.

:previous:

Apart from the very visible cigarette the article also refers to boys and wine.
They add that the countess gave a party in her garden on Tuesday. Perhaps she was not aware that on the same day the government gave the urgent advice not to invite more than 6 people to your house. The magazine adds that the party was clearly heard on the street until well over midnight. Perhaps the neighbors have phoned the magazine?

Last edited:
And what's it about wearing so many necklaces? Is that popular nowadays among teenagers? I noticed that the princesses (at least Amalia and Alexia) also wore multiple necklaces and Alexia had a broad range of bracelets as well.

And what's it about wearing so many necklaces? Is that popular nowadays among teenagers? I noticed that the princesses (at least Amalia and Alexia) also wore multiple necklaces and Alexia had a broad range of bracelets as well.
Yes, it's popular to stack on bracelets and necklaces these days. Everyone from Madonna to my 20-year old sister is doing it.

Been popular in even in magazines for a few years. The only thing that changed was what kind of necklaces they layer.

Smoking is disgusting, and bad for your health, but if that is the worst thing she is doing at 18, then her parents are luckier than many.

Hopefully she is enjoying her first days of her program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom