Baptism of Count Claus Casimir: October 10, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More pictures of Casimir's baptism -- including my much coveted image of Anna van Vollenhoven! :p

Source: Seegerpress

Attachments

• anna-1.jpg
    anna-1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 410
  • amalia-1.jpg
    amalia-1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 436
  • amalia-2.jpg
    amalia-2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 424
  • annette-1.jpg
    annette-1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 389
  • annette-2.jpg
    annette-2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 378
  • eloise-1.jpg
    eloise-1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 589
  • casimir-1.jpg
    casimir-1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 285
  • floris-1.jpg
    floris-1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 281
Anna is a very beautiful child :)

Btw, Alexandria, isn't one mark on a photo enough? ;)

www.hellomagazine.com

11 OCTOBER 2004

The Dutch royal family gathered together at the weekend to celebrate the christening of little Claus-Casimir, son of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien. The proud parents were joined by Queen Beatrix and Crown Prince Willem Alexander for the ceremony at Het Loo palace in Apeldoorn.

The infant, who was dressed in a traditional lace-trimmed christening gown for his big day, was on his best behaviour. But his big sister Eloise seemed less than impressed by all the excitement, letting out a yawn when the family was having its picture taken.

Sunday's ceremony comes seven months after Claus-Casimir was born at Bronovo Hospital in The Hague. The birth brought some much-needed joy to the royal household, which had just suffered the death of Constantijn's grandmother Princess Juliana.

It is only rarely that Prince Constantijn, who is Queen Beatrix's third and youngest son, attends public events in his capacity as a member of the Royal House. Along with his siblings, the Brussels-based businessman has made a conscious decision to pursue his own career and live a life largely out of the public eye.

When asked about their choice of name, the new parents said their little boy had been named after his grandfather Prince Claus, who died in 2002, and three Friesian governors who were all called Casimir. "If he develops more as a Claus, then it will be Claus, if he develops more as a Casimir, it will be Casimir," explained his father.

Yea...that Maxima-Holding-Amalia thing was strange. Amalia didn't look so comfortable when being held by Maxima. Her hands were out like she was bracing for something (impact?). She's getting quite cute though. She reminds me of Felix of Denmark- the strong, silent type. Maybe a little tentative regarding the cameras?

moosey60 said:
She's getting quite cute though. She reminds me of Felix of Denmark- the strong, silent type. Maybe a little tentative regarding the cameras?
I agree....but in a way all orange-kids are like their cousin Amalia. Such good children, never crying. When I was at that age (0-2) my mother couldn´t have taken me to church...I would have been louder than the choir ;)

Thanks to all, who have posted these great pictures :)

Hannelore said:
Hey, I really like Laurentien's boots :)

They look a lot like the red ones Mathilde wore for the baptism of Gabriel.
Funny - I also thought of Mathilde's boots when I first saw Laurentien's and I like them too. :)

Thanks to everyone who posted pictures, they're really great.
Also the children are really adorable.:)

Yes, the girlfriends of Pieter-Christiaan and Floris are regulars. They both attended the christening of Catharina-Amalia and the wedding of Friso and Mabel.

Amalia looks so cute, especially with that little coat on. :p I agree that how Maxima is holding her is a little strange, but as tundra said, it's probably because of the dress.

With the picture of Laurentien and Eloise playing in the fountain, I would be too scared to that if I had a child. I would probably drop them in the water accidentally. :(

mybags said:
Yes, the girlfriends of Pieter-Christiaan and Floris are regulars. They both attended the christening of Catharina-Amalia and the wedding of Friso and Mabel.
That sounds like a strong posibility of impending engagements then, huh? To be included in family functions is serious business...

Claus-Casimir's godfather

Does someone has informations about Claus-Casimir's godfather, Ed. P. Spanjaard, and about his complete name? One of my removed cousin is Eduard Philip Spanjaard. Is Spanjaard a current name in Netherlands? Would it be the same person?

I believe he is a conducter or pianist. He played the piano during the weddingservice of Crownprince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima.
I do not think that there are many Ed P. Spanjaard's in the country, so you have a large chance that it is the relative you are looking for. Spanjaard (spaniard) is not a strange last name, but it is not a common name either.

I actually liked Maximas dress, on television it looked more coulourfull than on the pictures & it did not make her look matronly (as it does on the picture when she is reading). The Queen looked radiant... it seems she has overcome her loss (of husband) and she enjoys life to the fullest again, especially her new role as grandmother to 3 (and probably more in the future). Nice to see that she and Maxima have become so close, the Queen wears the brooch she received as a present from Maxima during this baptism.
I realy missed Prince Bernhard, I hope he is still going strong & that the difficulties with his breathing are not to serious!
I also missed the wonderfull Margriet! She was attending a meeting of the red-cross in Geneva.
Did anybody notice that none of the Bourbon-Parma and Guillermo cousins attended? Maybe the Guillermo's were disappointed that no member of the royal family (outside the Guillermo's) attended the performance Princess Chirstina gave in Tavernelle in the memory of her mother, the late Queen Juliana.
Princess Irene looks lovely, hard to believe she is 65!

To danielane, you can find a lot of information on Mr Ed Spanjaard when you google. He is a conducter as well.. he will be in the USA in November 2005, with the Netherlands Chamber Choir. http://www.rile.com/netherlands.htm

Marengo said:
I believe he is a conducter or pianist. He played the piano during the weddingservice of Crownprince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima.
I do not think that there are many Ed P. Spanjaard's in the country, so you have a large chance that it is the relative you are looking for. Spanjaard (spaniard) is not a strange last name, but it is not a common name either.
Thanks a lot! It would be very strange if it was really the same person, because he comes from a Jewish family, by which we are cousins.

tundra said:
Having held lots of babies, there is nothing wrong with the way Maxima is holding the baby. When a little girl is wearing a dress, and prefers to face outwards, the best way is to hold them under the dress so it doesn't get all wrinkled. She and WA know better than anyone how CA likes to be held.
So keeping the dress crisp and unwrinkled and the baby looking good is more important than holding a baby properly? :confused:

In other pictures of Willem holding the baby you can see that he is holding the baby properly -- full support to her -- without wrinkling her dress.

WA also was holding her after the event CA was dressed up for.

Marengo said:
To danielane, you can find a lot of information on Mr Ed Spanjaard when you google. He is a conducter as well.. he will be in the USA in November 2005, with the Netherlands Chamber Choir. http://www.rile.com/netherlands.htm
Thank you very much! I'm almost sure it's my removed cousin.

tundra said:
WA also was holding her after the event CA was dressed up for.
Regardless of when Maxima holds her daughter, whether it is before or after an event, she holds her in the same precarious manner. I would think that Amalia would appreciate being held properly on all occasions and live with a wrinkled dress or two in photographs than be held improperly but look impeccable. How a baby is held can affect their posture and if they are repeatedly held without proper support during the early years of their lives when their spines are not as strong, it can lead to back problems later on in life.

Baptism of Claus-Casimir of the Netherlands
Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands arrives with his baby son Prince Claus-Casimir on his arms to his baptism at Het Loo castle in Apeldoorn, Netherlands, 10 October 2004.

42167195257ck.jpg

photo by RoyalPress Nieboer/dpa/Corbis
October 10, 2004
Apeldoorn,

Count Claus-Casimir's godparents are King Willem-Alexander, Prince Maurits of Orange-Nassau, Ed P. Spanjaard, and Countess Tatiana Razumovsky von Wigstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom