The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Prince Constantijn & Princess Laurentien and family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Gentry

Congratulations this sweet family: Constantin, Laurentien, Eloise, and little Claus casimir.
I think will see first picture quick soon

Old 06-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Courtier

Congratulations, to all of the dutch royal family

Old 06-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Royal Highness

AWW im so happy for all of them congratulations. I can't wait to see the baby. What date was she born?
Old 06-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
AWW im so happy for all of them congratulations. I can't wait to see the baby. What date was she born?
She's born at June 3rd.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Serene Highness

Congratulations. Beautiful name. Does any of you know if the Queen or any other relative has been to the hospital yet? I haven't seen any pictures yet.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Commoner

Leonore is a lovely name! I think Constantijn and Laurentien pronounce it as: lay- oh- nore. They pronounce Eloise as: ay- loh- ees and Claus-Casimir as: klaus- kah- see- meer.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Aristocracy

I had hoped for a baby brother for Claus Casimir, after all he is the only boy among Beatrix' grandchildren.
But, thankfully Leonore is a healthy baby, and she will bring much joy to her parents & grandmama Beatrix
:)
Old 06-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

Smile

I read that the official pictures will be posted soon. Can't remember where i read it tho lol :)
Old 06-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Royal Highness

Is Leonore pronouced the same as Infanta Leonor? :)

It's a very beautiful name! Congratulations to the family!!!
Queen Beatrix is a grandmother once again....:)
Old 06-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness

Congratulations!:)
It is the second Leonore among European royals. A bit surprising especially that Spainish Leonore was born just recently but the all new baby's names are very pretty.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The original message in dutch also says that instead of giftst the couple instead suggest that people donate the money to the Kico foundation, that helps children from 6-15 who are living in 'social isolation', so they can join in on school excursions or go on holidays. A wonderful initiative I must say!

--

As godparents... I wouldn't be surprised if they asked either Mabel or Maxima, and maybe Martha-Louise? Personally I would like dutch singer Trijntje Oosterhuis (who is a friend of the couple & whose father was good friends witht he late Prince Claus) as a godmother. I highly doubt they will ask the Asturias couple, as I do not think they are close (no member of the spanish RF attended their wedding for example).
Old 06-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

Wink

Happy Birthday Leonore!:)
Old 06-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Nobility

Smile

Congratulations to the entire Dutch royal family!!:)
Old 06-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Gentry

I love the names! Congratulations to Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien and I am sure Eloise and Claus Casimir are just as delighted to have another playmate!
Old 06-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Courtier

Can't wait to see her! I'm sure Eloise and Claus Casimir are enjoying their new baby sister's company right now.

Leonore is a nice name. But maybe a little bit early after Infanta Leonor's birth...it does seem like they're copying Felipe and Letizia.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Congratulations to the DRF!

I like the name Lenonre and it doesn't seem to me that it is close to the Infanta. If anything it tells me that they are not too close to Asturias couple otherwise they wouldn't give their daughter the same name. Also, its unlikely that both Lenore's would run in the same circles. They will definitely know the same people.

Definitely not godparents either..I agree with Marengo. Most likely it will be Mablel, Maxima or Martha Louise. Though my money is on the latter two. Sometimes I think we want the relationships between different royal families to be more than they actually are.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Serene Highness

I do think there is a good chance of a Norwegian royal being a godparent. Laurentien is a godmother to Leah, Haakon is a godfather to Eloise, and as we saw a week or so ago, both Norwegian couples were there for Laurentien's birthday.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:35 AM
Gentry

really?

Really? I must have missed that. Where can I find the pictures/story of their visit?
Old 06-05-2006, 03:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinsesbeagle
Really? I must have missed that. Where can I find the pictures/story of their visit?
Haakon & Mette-Marit with Ingrid Alexandra & Sverre Magnus, along with Martha-Louise & Ari Behn visited Constantijn & Laurentien on the couple's wedding anniversary.
Larzen has posted the pictures of the Norwegian RF here : Family news and pictures thread
Old 06-05-2006, 03:22 AM
Nobility

congratulations constantijn, lauretien, Eloise and claus-casimir