Baby Girl for Constantijn & Laurentien - Leonore Marie Irene Enrica: June 3, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The original message in dutch also says that instead of giftst the couple instead suggest that people donate the money to the Kico foundation, that helps children from 6-15 who are living in 'social isolation', so they can join in on school excursions or go on holidays. A wonderful initiative I must say!

--

As godparents... I wouldn't be surprised if they asked either Mabel or Maxima, and maybe Martha-Louise? Personally I would like dutch singer Trijntje Oosterhuis (who is a friend of the couple & whose father was good friends witht he late Prince Claus) as a godmother. I highly doubt they will ask the Asturias couple, as I do not think they are close (no member of the spanish RF attended their wedding for example).

Last edited:
Congratulations to the entire Dutch royal family!!:)

I love the names! Congratulations to Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien and I am sure Eloise and Claus Casimir are just as delighted to have another playmate!

Can't wait to see her! I'm sure Eloise and Claus Casimir are enjoying their new baby sister's company right now.

Leonore is a nice name. But maybe a little bit early after Infanta Leonor's birth...it does seem like they're copying Felipe and Letizia.

Congratulations to the DRF!

I like the name Lenonre and it doesn't seem to me that it is close to the Infanta. If anything it tells me that they are not too close to Asturias couple otherwise they wouldn't give their daughter the same name. Also, its unlikely that both Lenore's would run in the same circles. They will definitely know the same people.

Definitely not godparents either..I agree with Marengo. Most likely it will be Mablel, Maxima or Martha Louise. Though my money is on the latter two. Sometimes I think we want the relationships between different royal families to be more than they actually are.

I do think there is a good chance of a Norwegian royal being a godparent. Laurentien is a godmother to Leah, Haakon is a godfather to Eloise, and as we saw a week or so ago, both Norwegian couples were there for Laurentien's birthday.

really?

Really? I must have missed that. Where can I find the pictures/story of their visit?

prinsesbeagle said:
Really? I must have missed that. Where can I find the pictures/story of their visit?

Haakon & Mette-Marit with Ingrid Alexandra & Sverre Magnus, along with Martha-Louise & Ari Behn visited Constantijn & Laurentien on the couple's wedding anniversary.
Larzen has posted the pictures of the Norwegian RF here : http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/442809-post145.html

congratulations constantijn, lauretien, Eloise and claus-casimir

There isn't a photo yet, but i think they will have made one with whole the little family.

:) all good wishes to the proud parents for the little girl!!!!!

Today I saw a picture in 'De Telegraaf' of the two happy grandmothers outside Bronovo hospital in The Hague. Sadly I do not have a scanner. The newspaper said that Enrica is a friend of the couple and that Marie might come from the name Marilene (Marie-Helene). So more choises for possible godparents :)

Marengo said:
Today I saw a picture in 'De Telegraaf' of the two happy grandmothers outside Bronovo hospital in The Hague. Sadly I do not have a scanner. The newspaper said that Enrica is a friend of the couple and that Marie might come from the name Marilene (Marie-Helene). So more choises for possible godparents :)

Too bad you don't have a scanner. Do you know if Maxima and her girls have gone to the hospital to visit their niece yet? I was hoping to see Amalia and Alexia again:)

Thank you for sharing the new Marengo and Royalsa for the scan. That's a great journal cover to keep as a souvenir.

Congratulations to the Trotse oma's.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Will Leonore also be a Countess of Orange-Nassau?

magnik said:
Like her siblings.

Thanks for your quick reply magnik! :) Will she have a HH or HRH before her title? No, right? Is it just Her Execellency Countess Leonore Marie Irene Enrica? Sorry, I don't know much about titles (especially in the Netherlands) :eek: .

Welcome on earth, little Leonore!
Congratulations to the parents and proud brother and sister!

soCal girl said:
Thanks for your quick reply magnik! :) Will she have a HH or HRH before her title? No, right? Is it just Her Execellency Countess Leonore Marie Irene Enrica? Sorry, I don't know much about titles (especially in the Netherlands) :eek: .

I believe it is: HE Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouw of Amsberg

soCal girl said:
HE (or The highborn Lady) Leonore Marie Irene Enrica van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg, Countess of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg.
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/english/content.jsp?objectid=13215
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonore_van_Oranje-Nassau_van_Amsberg

Titles (correct me if I wrong): His/Her Majesty;His/Her Royal Highness ruler's children'
HH used by junior members of the royal house likr HH Prince Maurits son of HRH Princess Margriet'
His/Her Excellency grandsons, granddaughters of the ruler.

Dutch nobility's list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Nobility and http://www.hogeraadvanadel.nl/adellijst.htm

Last edited:
mtbcm said:
Thank you for sharing the new Marengo and Royalsa for the scan. That's a great journal cover to keep as a souvenir.

Congratulations to the Trotse oma's.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

You're welcome! :)

im sure her parents chose for kids to titles but not wanted to become Prince or Princess because Constantijn's older brother is current CP but his kids will known as Count or Countess but im not sure will be HRH or HH if HM Queen will known as HRH Countess Leonore Marie Irene Enrica or not dues her respect to right as titles.

Glad they have a healthy baby but I didn't like the name for Felipe & Leti's
daughter and not on the new dutch baby.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom