Princesses Mako, Kako and Prince Hisahito Current Events 1: July 2005 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Akishino and Peincess Mako went to The National Theatre Okinawa .
pics:from FNN news

Attachments

• 20060318-00000864-fnn-soci-thumb-000.jpg
    20060318-00000864-fnn-soci-thumb-000.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 724
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 594
Last edited:
Japanese Imperial Family is just beatiful. I like it very much. Prince Akishino seems a very good man and their daughters are really darlings.

I can remember very well when The Emperor and the Empress visited Buenos Aires (my country). I went near the Japanese Gardens (it's a place of our city that is made showing a Japanese garden with a Japanese restaurant and a Tea House in it) where Their Majesties were welcomed by Argentinian authorities, and I became a great fan of this Imperial House. Here in Argentina we have a huge Japanese community.

Vanesa.

That was so endearing! I wish I could understand what she was saying... I especially liked the part when Princess Mako was waving. :)

two princesses

I like Princesses Mako and Kako for many years before Aiko born.

Rough translation of the video:

Princess Kako: "If I go to other side, there will be Umihebi(sea snake)? Isn't it father?!"
Akishino: "Yes there is"
Princess Kako: "Umihebi(sea snake) is there, it's there!!"
***wave to the sea***
Princess Kako: " Why are we fishing for Umihebi(sea-snake)?"
Akishino: "I'm not sure dear"
Akishino: "Kako, let's leave now"
Princess Kako: "Where? to where Umihebi is?"

Many thanks, kawaiian, for the translation. I have been very curious on what was being said.

HPS was right - your translations makes the video cuter. Mako was so spirited then. :) Hope we can see more of her.

Many thanks for the princesses' pictures! :) It's kind of hard to find pics of them on the Net. I think these girls are darling.

omans! she's so cute! (:)
her voice is so high pitched! hahaha.

who knows how we can write to Mako ?

If you would like to send letter to Mako.. May be you can try to write to IHA adress..

Thanks, poppy, for the video link. I loved it. It's quite rare to see videos of Mako and Kako (I wonder why there are no videos and pictures released by the IHA on their birthdays - unlike Aiko. Maybe when they're older?). I especially liked the parts when Mako patted the dog... her expression was of pure joy and priceless... and the end when Mako and Kako held hands and waved together - very sweet. :)

Last edited:
Kyodo news reported that Princess Mako will begin her first solo overseas trip to Austria from August 3 to August 16 doing a homestay at the home of her parents' friend.

Her mom Princess Kiko stayed in Austria 30 years ago when Mr. Kawashima taught there.

#1: from Kyodo news
#2: TBS news
#3: NNN news

Last edited:
Thanks for the latest on Princess Mako. I hope she enjoys her stay in Austria.

I know Kako likes skating. What is Mako interested in? Hope to see more of both.

I can't hardly believe that she is already 14 years old!!! My...Where time is gone? :(

Vanesa.

I really don't know much about the Japanese Royal family but will these girls loose their title of Princess when they marry? Aren't they then considered commoners? If this is true, how do they prepare them for this life?
Thanks

Rebafan81 said:
I really don't know much about the Japanese Royal family but will these girls loose their title of Princess when they marry? Aren't they then considered commoners? If this is true, how do they prepare them for this life?
Thanks

The Imperial Law states that Imperial Princesses lose their title/status when they marry commoners. They can retain their title if they marry within the Imperial Family. But since the 11 collateral branches of the family were reduced to commoners after WW II and there are no boys born in the recent years, the current generation of Imperial Princesses will lose their title if and when they marry.

As for the preparation, I'm not that familiar with the details. I think Princess Sayako said that it was made clear to her as young girl that she would be a commoner later on. She was taught how to cook. In the months before her wedding, she practiced shopping in supermarkets, took driving lessons, and also tried riding the trains in Tokyo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom