Princesses Mako, Kako and Prince Hisahito Current Events 1: July 2005 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Mako as Honorary President of the Tokyo International Book Fair officially opened the fair in Tokyo today, July 2, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **Pic 3 **

Prince Hisahito has turned 8 on September 6, 2014! On this occasion some new pics together with his sisters Princess Mako and Princess Kako were made:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Princess Mako departed to London from Haneda airport on today, September 17, to begin one year of study in the UK. Mako will study for a master's degree in museology at the University of Leicester's graduate school.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Kako had her first solo engagement. She attended the Youth Speech contest at the National Olympics Memorial Youth Center in Tokyo on November 9, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Princess Kako has turned 20 today, December 29!

Looking lovely in white she posed for photos at the Imperial Palace after meeting with Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko. Earlier she had also given a press conference on her birthday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery ** royalista.com article **

** emirates247.com: Japan's Princess Kako visits Emperor Akihito **

** japantimes: Princess Kako turns 20, vows to do her best with official duties **

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bzD2H3340

That's a beautiful video. The Princess seems to be a lively and happy spirit who can't prevent herself from smiling and even laughing in that somber atmosphere of the interview. I always get the impression that her elder sister is way more serious or even subdued, as if the Imperial atmosphere is weighing her down.

I hope that both sisters will attend the New Year’s Reception next Thursday.

The Japanese imperial household does not lend itself to relaxation naturalness or merriment. Maybe the new generation can change that.

The Japanese imperial household does not lend itself to relaxation naturalness or merriment. Maybe the new generation can change that.

The Japanese culture, I believe, values dignity, formality, sincerity and calm.

Of the private conduct of the Imperial household I know nothing - but the Princess seems like a merry, jolly, young lady :flowers:

Princess Mako was pictured at Tokyo's Haneda airport today, January 8, 2015, before her departure for Britain where she is studying at the University of Leicester's graduate school for a master's degree in museum studies. She had been back in Tokyo for a winter break.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Kako visited a female calligraphers' exhibition at Takashimaya Nihombashi store in Tokyo today, January 28 - so nice to see her more often these days (see her parents' current events thread as well):

** Pic **

Thanks for the update!:flowers::flowers::flowers:
Princess Kako looked lovely. It was nice to see kindergarten pupils visiting the Shrine.

Japanese Princess Kako, a granddaughter of Emperor Akihito, smiles for the media upon her arrival at International Christian University to attend an entrance ceremony, Thursday, April 2, 2015, in the western Tokyo suburb of Mitaka, Japan. Princess Kako, a daughter of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko, quit Gakushuin University in August 2014 to join ICU.

ANP picture ** Gettyimages.co.uk gallery

I never knew that they had a family, that's nice, now they have one, oh two, in college, that's fantastic. I was expecting more fashion, instead college, I am happy for them. lol.

A video of her first day at ICU. She will follow courses in the College of Liberal Arts. Her sister attends the same university.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJRWiXDqJAQ

Source; royalty-online.nl

it's a private video. It doesn't play. Which is fine, I have no need to know to see it. Liberal Arts really opens a college resume up for all kinds of possibilities. That's nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess Kako gave a speech at the opening ceremony for the national high school equestrian championships in Gotemba, Shizuoka Prefecture, central Japan, on July 25:

** Pic **

Very cute and likeable little boy... not so little LOL

Japanese princess completes degree course at Leicester University - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
The granddaughter of Japanese Emperor Akihito said she had a "great experience" as she completes a Masters degree in Leicester.
Princess Mako of Akishino, who is seen by the Japanese media as having the same status as Kate Middleton, studied for a Masters Degree in Museum Studies at the university.
She has now completed her dissertation on a series of glass models called Blaschka and will return to Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom