Princesses Mako, Kako and Prince Hisahito Current Events 1: July 2005 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
Welcome to Part 1 of the Princesses Mako & Kako and Prince Hisahito thread where you may post news, pictures, comments and articles. Please remember to follow the Attachment and Copyright Rules. Happy posting!

Princessses Mako & Kako and Prince Hisahito are the children of Prince Akishino & Princess Kiko.

Last edited by a moderator:
A photo of Princess Kako and Princess Mako doing some drawing during the Children's World Summit for the environment at the Aichi Expo on July 29, 2005.

You can see that Princess Kako is left handed in this photo
#1: FNN news

Attachments

• 20050729-00000526-fnn-soci-thumb-000.jpg
    20050729-00000526-fnn-soci-thumb-000.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 3,406
Princess Mako and Kako at Aichi expo on July 25

Attachments

• img20050726104232.JPG
    img20050726104232.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 871
  • img20050726200558.jpg
    img20050726200558.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 660
  • img20050726201110.jpg
    img20050726201110.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 958
  • img20050726203545.jpg
    img20050726203545.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 828
  • img20050727131459.jpg
    img20050727131459.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 808
merampo, thanks for the pictures of lovely princesses!

Attachments

• Three years old princess Kako, at Karuizawa.JPG
    Three years old princess Kako, at Karuizawa.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 3,796
Last edited:
#1: Prince Akishino and his daughters princess Mako, princess Kako at Aichi expo on July 26.
#2,#3: on July 25

Attachments

• #1.JPG
    #1.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 921
  • #2.JPG
    #2.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 741
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 609
Last edited:
princess Mako at graduation ceremony of Gakushuin elementary school. March 18, 2004.
photos from gettyimages, yomiuri news and sankei news

I really think princess Mako looks like her father.

Attachments

• 3105532.jpg
    3105532.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 929
  • m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 3,208
  • princess mako.JPG
    princess mako.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 7,123
were there two separate occasions? on one photo the girls were wearing green and yellow, on another photo they were using dark dress?

ulik said:
were there two separate occasions? on one photo the girls were wearing green and yellow, on another photo they were using dark dress?

The one of them wearing school uniforms was them attending the religious ceremony of the wedding. Then the one wearing different colors are them attending the wedding reception at 4pm.

mandyy said:
The one of them wearing school uniforms was them attending the religious ceremony of the wedding. Then the one wearing different colors are them attending the wedding reception at 4pm.

I'm curious-is there a reason for the princess to be wearing her school uniform to the religious ceremony? Was that part of the wedding less formal or did it not really matter what she wore b/c she's a kid?

I think that school uniform is the most formal clothes for students in the Imperial family.
Princess Tsuguko,Ayako and Noriko were wearing school uniforms at their father,Prince Takamado's funeral in 2002.
In general, school uniform is regarded as the most formal clothes for students in Japan.
They wear school uniforms at wedding or at funeral.

3.Princess Kako at the wedding reception (2005-11-15)

Attachments

• img20051203105838.jpg
    img20051203105838.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 728
  • img20051204003841.jpg
    img20051204003841.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 898
  • img20051209000759.jpg
    img20051209000759.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 772
  • img20051215214517.jpg
    img20051215214517.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:
Thanks for the explanations. I didn't realize the Japanese dress so formally for school, nor did I recognize the dress as a school uniform. American private school uniforms are more distinctive (more casual, IMO) and don't generally carry over to a wedding or formal ceremony as well as the Japanese ones seem to.

Princess Kiko,Princess Mako and Princess Kako(2005-3-29)
at the Imperial Stock Farm
scaned pic

Attachments

• h17-3-29.jpg
    h17-3-29.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 1,271
Last edited:
merampo said:
Princess Kiko,Princess Mako and Princess Kako(2005-3-29)
at the Imperial Stock Farm
scaned pic

Photo from TVBS news

Do these princess ever simile in front of the camera?

Mandyy - It is interesting that many of the Japanese Imperial famly have names that end in 'o': Mako, Kako, Kiko, Akishino, Aiko, Masako, Naruhito, Sayako, etc. Is there a reason for that?

Emily said:
Mandyy - It is interesting that many of the Japanese Imperial famly have names that end in 'o': Mako, Kako, Kiko, Akishino, Aiko, Masako, Naruhito, Sayako, etc. Is there a reason for that?

Not only does members of the Japanese imperial family have this type of trends in their name.

Girls in Japan usually have "ko" at the end of their names
Males in the Imperial Family usually have "hito" at the end of their names
eg. Naruhito and Fumihito (Name of Prince Akishino)
Akishino is the family branch name
Mako and Kako could be known as "Princess Mako of Akishino" and "Princess Kako of Akishino"

Charlotte1 said:
Aiko's cousin Princess Kako is a keen figure skater. There were photos released of her skating for either one of her birthdays or her father's. ( Akishino)

Yes, she has been in competitions before and she has won 1st place in one of her recent competitions last yr (I think). Kako has been learning figure skating since she was in gr. 2 and she has been a very hard working skater trying very hard to achieve improvements from her last competition (she fell and got the 9th or 10th place) and then won 1st place from her recent one.

Emily said:

In Japanese 'ko' means child, women traditionally have been given names ending in 'ko' eg Masako, Michiko, Yuko, Sadako etc as it emphasised the need for females to remain child-like. ( Even into adulthood) Now-a-days it's not that common to give your daughter a name ending in 'ko' ( and therefore the underlining mentality to remain child-like) My friends' daughters are named Satomi, Aya, Kasumi, Naomi ( it's also a Japanese name) Ayaka, Narumi.

For the boys "hito" means man so it emphasised the idea that males were to be men from childhood. Again that's something that has changed with other male names being more common.

Aiko's name means 'love child' 'ai' is the Japanese word for love and 'ko' child.

foiegrass said:
How old are the girls?
The eldest daughter of Prince and Princess Akishino, Princess Mako was born on Oct. 23, 1991 and their 2nd daughter Princess Kako was born on Dec. 29, 1994.

Charlotte1 said:
In Japanese 'ko' means child, women traditionally have been given names ending in 'ko' eg Masako, Michiko, Yuko, Sadako etc as it emphasised the need for females to remain child-like. ( Even into adulthood) Now-a-days it's not that common to give your daughter a name ending in 'ko' ( and therefore the underlining mentality to remain child-like) My friends' daughters are named Satomi, Aya, Kasumi, Naomi ( it's also a Japanese name) Ayaka, Narumi.

For the boys "hito" means man so it emphasised the idea that males were to be men from childhood. Again that's something that has changed with other male names being more common.

Aiko's name means 'love child' 'ai' is the Japanese word for love and 'ko' child.
Thank you Charlotte1 for this insight, it's great to learn this! Quite a fascinating background really.

Last edited:
I suppose the trend away from giving girls the -ko suffix is (from a western viewpoint) a healthy one at any rate. It says a lot for a society that women are so identified with children rather than adults. The woman's kimono also has a lot more im common with the child's kimono than the man's one does and even, in some respects, has more in common with the child's kimono than it does with the man's kimono.

I do love the meaning of Aiko's name, though. It implies that she was created (and born) in love.

Prince Akishino and Princess Mako attended a event.(2006-3-8)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 542
the girls ever look sad , I don't know why but I see them sad eyes.

It is truth... I also noticedthe Mako's eyes, I do not know if she is like this , shy and closed personality or if she is was always sad. But I choose the first one because there are moments when she is happy, I think she is just like this. Kako is different and more livened up than the sister, in my opinnion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom