Princesses Mako, Kako and Prince Hisahito Current Events 1: July 2005 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Japanese royal to spend time in Dublin studying English

The imperial Irish visit is part of a mini-tradition: Princess Mako’s grandmother, Empress Michiko, was partly educated in Tokyo by Irish nuns – she studied Irish history, language and literature and is something of a Hibernophile.
Empress Michiko speaks passable Gaelic, plays the harp and has been known to recite I See His Blood Upon The Rose by executed 1916 leader Joseph Plunkett as a party piece, according to Wherever Green is Worn , Tim Pat Coogan’s book on the Irish Diaspora. - Irish Times

My! I didn't know that! Does Empress Michiko speaks some GAELIC??? That's a very rare skill in a Royal. It's common they would speak English or French...but GAELIC? I love Gaelic's sound and songs even if I can't speak it myself.

Congrats, Your Imperial Majesty! :clap:

Vanesa.

Princess Mako, the eldest daughter of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko, left Japan for Ireland on Sunday to study English in Dublin between July 4 and Aug. 15. - Kyodo

The eldest granddaughter of Japan’s reigning emperor flies back to Tokyo today, August 14th 20101, after spending part of the summer learning English in Dublin. - IrishTimes.com

Little prince takes museum tour

During the tour to the National Museum of Nature and Science in Tokyo's Ueno district Prince Hisahito enjoyed looking around the stuffed animal exhibits and other displays, pointing at a specimen of a flying squirrel hanging from the ceiling and listening to the sound of locusts that streamed from a speaker after a button was pressed.
According to the museum's attendant, Prince Hisahito appeared very interested in the stuffed specimens on display and said of one, "It's big." - Japan Times

Not enough pix of this little cutie... I hope on the 6th of September (his birthday I think) we will be treated to a lot of pix !

Prince Hisahito celebrates his 4th birthday on Sept 6, 2010. The Imperial Household Agency released 8 photos to mark the occasion.

Here is a link to the album posted by Yomiuri News

:previous:
Thanks for the photos!
It is nice that photos have been taken in the somewhat casual environment that allows us to see real Prince Hisahito. He appears to be a lively youngster.

These pix are delightful ! Thank you for informing us !

Lovely family and lovely little prince!
Dear Mandyy, thanks a lot for sharing the photos!

Wow・・・he is no longer a baby・・・time flies!
The children's growth is so fast・・・
And Happy birthday to prince hisahito!

Wonderful pictures of Hisahito. He's a cutie pie!!

I wonder why there are not more pix of the event !

Awww, Prince Hisahito looks so sweet and cute. It's hard to beleive he's growing up fast. Great pics of him with his parents and his sisters!:flowers:

Unusual Pics of Princess Kako and Mako

Princess Kako seen performing a dance routine with her friends in what seemed to be a school event at Gakushuin Girls Secondary School. She's reportedly been participating at School's Dance club.
If some of you know Japanese, could you be kind to translate some of the news excerpts in the pictures? :flowers: For me, one of it says "Dancing Queen" ;), and "Kako(in her name's kanji) ii"!! wich also means "Cool!".

http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/mako/src/1288871216821.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/mako/src/1288913496498.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/makok/src/1288902149752.jpg

While in other sighting, her sister, Mako was seen manning the stand at ICU's festival. Again, if you know Japanese, you're welcome to translate.

http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/mako/src/1288871146791.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/mako/src/1288871179488.jpg

I do not believe in astrology and predictions, and this article (not new) seems some kind of a joke for me.
Nevertheless, I'd like you to make your own opinion about it.:flowers:
Seer sees a clever, handsome emperor - Manilla Bulletin

There were beautiful pictures of Princess Mako and Kako in Japanese Kimono on the day of the Emperor's birthday December 23, 2010. Did anybody see that? It's so rare to see them in KIMONO. I think this year or next year Princess Mako is going to have special ceremony to become official duty age, so we will have more chance to see her with a tiara. A 3 year old girl Princess Mako - below video was favorite of many Japanese people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkxPdNteb0w

Last edited:
Princess Mako joins ski team

Princess Mako joins ski team with her university. She does giant slalom.

Here is the picture of her standing on 5th place as a new member winner.

????? ??????????

On 3rd row right picture. :flowers:

pic
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Looks as if little prince Hisahito is in a VERY bad mood here :sad: and the rest of the family silently hopes that his mother will somehow find a way to soothe him... Does anyone know what the Akishinos are doing there and where they are? Looks as if they are waiting for someting and the little prince maybe got bored?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
[/FONT]

How cute he is!

But I think he looks sad rather than angry.

How cute he is!.

Yes, he is indeed. :) But he might not like you any the better for saying so... ;)
A little boy of my aquaintance (who is a bit younger than Hisahito) is especially cute when he is throwing a temper tantrum - at least that is what I never can help feeling. But when I smile at him during these moments I do not have the impression that he takes that very well from me. Probably he does not feel being taken really serious... :bang: ;)

And I do admit that he may have a point here. But what can I do? I try to hide what I think but he IS so dang cute. :in_love: Life is hard when you are but three years old....:rolleyes:

But I think he looks sad rather than angry.

According to my experience, that is more or less the same when they are that little. At least, to me it seems that the little prince is crying but that he also resents whatever makes him cry.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]... Does anyone know what the Akishinos are doing there and where they are? Looks as if they are waiting for someting and the little prince maybe got bored?[/FONT]
This photo was taken in June 2010 during the photosession of the Imperial family at the renewed State Guesthouse Akasaka palace.
That day the Akishinos' were accompanying the Imperial couple during the tour through the palace (check Imperial couple's Current Events thread to know more :flowers:).
The tour had lasted more that two hours, that's why little Prince got tired. Tough for a four year old to behave well for such a long time.:)

This photo was taken in June 2010 during the photosession of the Imperial family at the renewed State Guesthouse Akasaka palace.
That day the Akishinos' were accompanying the Imperial couple during the tour through the palace (check Imperial couple's Current Events thread to know more :flowers:).

Thank you very much for the information! :flowers: I have taken a look at the thread you mention but could not find anything covering this event - I suppose it should have been somewhere on pages 18 or 19 in between the visit of King Norodom Sihamoni of Cambodia in May, the emperor seeing the sixth prime minister in four years and the imperial couple getting up at three in the morning to watch the World Cup (which I think is quite charming :flowers: )? Well, maybe it is not there because there was no article in English available at the time that dealt with it. But, fortunately, the information you give here is quite sufficient in order to give one an understanding of the situation. :)

The tour had lasted more that two hours, that's why little Prince got tired. Tough for a four year old to behave well for such a long time.:)

Definitely tough, I agree with you. Perhaps they should better have left him at home with his nanny - or better even: have him come to the palace right after the tour to say Hello to his grandparents?

...I have taken a look at the thread you mention but could not find anything covering this event...
I've found the post by Iceflower!:)
...Perhaps they should better have left him at home with his nanny - or better even: have him come to the palace right after the tour to say Hello to his grandparents?
I'm not sure about how the official photosessions are done in Japan.:ermm:
It was an official one, not just family gathering.

I've found the post by Iceflower!:)
Thank you, that is indeed great!:clap: :flowers:
I'm not sure about how the official photosessions are done in Japan.:ermm:
It was an official one, not just family gathering.

Well, I am not sure if it is such a very fortunate idea to combine a lengthy, exhausting tour with an official photosession.:question: Even leaving the little prince apart, nearly everybody in the pics is looking a bit stressed, IMO, and now that I know the circumstances, I am not surprised by it. :ermm:

But probably they have their reasons that I am not aware of. :confused:

Prince Hisahito celebrates his 4th birthday on Sept 6, 2010. The Imperial Household Agency released 8 photos to mark the occasion.

Here is a link to the album posted by Yomiuri News

nice pictshares , very nice prince he very cute

TIH the Prince Akishino, the Princess Kiko and their youngest daughter Princess Kako attended the opening ceremony of All Japan High School Culture Festival held in Fukushima prefecture on August 4th, 2011.
The Princess Kako is 16 years old, and she is the student of Gakushuin Girls Senior High School.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** - credits Kyodo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom