The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

I couldn't get over the sense of joy she had in her face when she was in Austria and the complete lack of emotion she had when she got back home. She looked depressed, sad and miserable.

How utterly tragic that a young woman should have that look on her face when going home, after having been in a foreign country for 2 weeks.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-20-2007, 01:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayu12
off-topic: when was this picture taken? her hairstyle looks different, almost like.. a normal layered japanese hair. O.O usually her hairstyles are with bangs or no bangs.
I really like that look for her, but it seems a bit risque for the imperial family, IMO.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I do not know why she would get depressed to return home...The first time I travelled alone (to Europe! ) it was wonderful for me, but when I returned home I felt very happy too. I missed my beloved ones (not only my parents but my friends, my brother and the rest of my relatives) and wanted to see them again...and of course, I wanted to show them all the fotos and videos I got, and tell them all I have experienced there.

I think that, when you are VERY far of your family for the first time in your life, you begins to realize the true importance of the words "family" and "friends". I do not see why it would be different for a young Princess.

As for the "liberty" think, of course, she has a little more of it than in her own house, but don't think that she had MUCH more liberty...She is the daughter of a Prince, and not a "common one", but the brother of the Crownprince of a country: the first one in the succesory line. So she must have been surveyed seriously, and journalist should always there, ready to find something to gossip about. She couldn't do all she wanted to. It could have been dangerous. I remember perfectly that, when Prince Harry of England visited Argentina (my country) and he went to an "Estancia" ( a big kind of farm) to pass some days with a high family from here...He loved to go all nights to pubs, and journalist went there just to said that he was a drunkard, a thing that could or not be true... It's very dangerous to do something "free" only for you are far from home. In all circumstances, you are a Prince or a Princess, and you must mind about that...I think that Princess Kako is very dutyfull and she behaved like the Princess she is.

Vanesa.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Gentry

Princess Kako attended her primary school graduation ceremony with her mother, Princess Kiko, on March 18, 2007. She will enter secondary school in April.

Photo from JiJi

Congratulations!
Old 03-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Video news of Princess Kako arriving with her mother Princess Kiko at Gakushuin primary school to attend her own graduation ceremony on March 18, 2007.

FNN news
ANN news

Photo from Mainichi news
Old 03-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Aristocracy
Picture of the Month Representative – Japan

Thanks for the video!
I think there was a hint of a smile (Kako) in the video, that is if you watch carefully....
Old 03-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Lovely! The Princess is charming in her school suit. I always liked Japanese school suits. And yes...If you looks carefully the images, Princess Kako has a start of a smile in her lips.

Vanesa.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Mako attended graduation ceremony together with her mother Princess Kiko today at Gakushuin Junior High School, March 22, 2007.

Photo from JIJI press and Yomiuri news

Video from TBS news, NNN news and FNN news
Old 03-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Aristocracy
Picture of the Month Representative – Japan

She looks so serious/sad in the clip....but I think there is a hint of a smile a the very beginning...
Old 04-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Mako and Princess Kako, accompanied by their mother Princess Kiko arrive at Gakushuin high school to attend their school entrance ceremony on April 6, 2007.

Princess Mako enters her 1st year at the senior high school.
Princess Kako enters her 1st year at the junior high school.

Photo from JIJI Press

Video news from TBS news
ANN video news of the family entering the Imperial Palace to greet the Emperor and Empress.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

They looks very happy entering at school. People uses to think (for any osbcure reason -that these two Princesses are sad people,and much more currently, that they had a brother...(Oh! Bad boys! They would be banished from the earth. Only women must be able to live. ) Time to time, people uses to point out how "sad" Princesses Kako and Mako looks. Hope this time, seeing them smiling, people would realize this isn't true.

Vanesa.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe these girls are just a little bit shy and don't like smiling for cameras.

Interestingly enough of Princess Kako apparently is a skater, and I hear she even won a junior competition a couple of years back.. Who knows if she may move up in that sport? Could be interesting if the emperor's granddaughter becomes a star figure skater. Although in Japan that would be really hard because they have the best ladies in the world.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:09 PM

There are a lot of videos.

Imperial family page of Nippon news network

Videos from NNN
Graduation ceremony
Entrance ceremony
Old 04-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekalc
Maybe these girls are just a little bit shy and don't like smiling for cameras.

Exactly. You said it! I'm a little shy myself, and when someone sees a pic from me, always believes I'm angry to someone or very sad...and it's just I don't like to be photographed very much. What if the two princesses are just shy, like me?

Vanesa.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Gentry

Princess Kako participated in a skating competition in Tokyo on April 1, 2007.

She is very lovely!

Video from NNN

Picture from Mainichi
Old 04-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Thank you! She is wonderful practicing the sport she really likes...There, the Princess don't looks exactly "sad" or "shy".

Vanesa.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Nobility

Full video of Princess Kako's second victory in a skating competition in Toyko 13th April 2007 supplied by the Imperial Household Agency:

http://www.toonippo.co.jp/douga/kou*...20070413b.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Full video of Princess Kako's second victory in a skating competition in Toyko 13th April 2007 supplied by the Imperial Household Agency:

Change the **** to a word which people use as an alternative to "poo". This word is "s h i t" without the spaces in between the letters.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Good for her! It seems that Princess Kako is a good skater, isn't she?

Vanesa.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
Good for her! It seems that Princess Kako is a good skater, isn't she?

Vanesa.
Well, if that's the tape. She's certainly a better skater than I am. But the next Mao Asada, she's not.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Well...Evidently she is NOT. She is a Princess, not a professional skater.The problem is that I compared her with my poor performances in these kind of disciplines. I wouldn't even know how to stand in a skate without falling on my back in a shameful way! :w00t2:

Vanesa.

Tags
hisahito, prince hisahito, princess kako, princess mako