Princesses Mako, Kako and Prince Hisahito Current Events 1: July 2005 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:heart: Such darling girls and I love their names the first time I heard them I thought 'how sweet'!

These girls are adorable..and when they were toddlers, they were such pair of darlings!

Vanesa.:flowers:

Princesses Kako and Mako are lovely girls. Mako seems similar to Kiko, while Kako looks more like Akishino, especially her eyebrows are like her dad's. I wonder what their names mean in Japanese. I only know that the part of their name -ko means 'child' in Japanese.

Last edited:
Yes! I never notice that, Lakshmi...One of the girls is the spitting image of her father, and the other the one of h mother...I wonder to whom Prince Hisahito is similar in physical features. :question:

Vanesa

Lakshmi said:
Princesses Kako and Mako are lovely girls. Mako seems similar to Kiko, while Kako looks more like Akishino, especially her eyebrows are like her dad's. I wonder what their names mean in Japanese. I only know that the part of their name -ko means 'child' in Japanese.

Mako inherited her parents' bad looking features while Kako inherited her parents' good features.

Mako means "trueful". Kako means "excellence".

I think Mako looks really cute.

while Kako looks pretty.

Thank-you for those?

SyberiaWinx said:
I think her expressions in the photos could be misread. Leaving home alone to travel to another country would make anyone scared. But think about this-maybe her smiling or not smiling has to do with other things. Leaving and returning home, she was probably swarmed by media and very nervous or maybe even shy. The ones during her vacation were probably taken by a single person. It can be hard to smile when you know so many people are swarming and staring at you.

It's true having t face the media in huge masses like that can be scarey.
I suppose what she could have liked in Austria was that yes she was treated with the highest respect but she could have still been treated normally,
instead of in Japan where everyone know's she's a princess and the media will follow every single thing she does.
Can be very intimidating.

Living in a different country than yours, hearing people speaking in a language you don't understand and being so far from your own family ,could be sufficiently scary for a young girl, even if she is not a princess. I think that she was a little afraid of being alone in a foreign country, like myself would have been also scared having her age.

Vanesa,

I couldn't get over the sense of joy she had in her face when she was in Austria and the complete lack of emotion she had when she got back home. She looked depressed, sad and miserable.

How utterly tragic that a young woman should have that look on her face when going home, after having been in a foreign country for 2 weeks.

mayu12 said:
off-topic: when was this picture taken? her hairstyle looks different, almost like.. a normal layered japanese hair. O.O usually her hairstyles are with bangs or no bangs.
I really like that look for her, but it seems a bit risque for the imperial family, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know why she would get depressed to return home...The first time I travelled alone (to Europe! :) ) it was wonderful for me, but when I returned home I felt very happy too. I missed my beloved ones (not only my parents but my friends, my brother and the rest of my relatives) and wanted to see them again...and of course, I wanted to show them all the fotos and videos I got, and tell them all I have experienced there.

I think that, when you are VERY far of your family for the first time in your life, you begins to realize the true importance of the words "family" and "friends". I do not see why it would be different for a young Princess.

As for the "liberty" think, of course, she has a little more of it than in her own house, but don't think that she had MUCH more liberty...She is the daughter of a Prince, and not a "common one", but the brother of the Crownprince of a country: the first one in the succesory line. So she must have been surveyed seriously, and journalist should always there, ready to find something to gossip about. She couldn't do all she wanted to. It could have been dangerous. I remember perfectly that, when Prince Harry of England visited Argentina (my country) and he went to an "Estancia" ( a big kind of farm) to pass some days with a high family from here...He loved to go all nights to pubs, and journalist went there just to said that he was a drunkard, a thing that could or not be true... It's very dangerous to do something "free" only for you are far from home. In all circumstances, you are a Prince or a Princess, and you must mind about that...I think that Princess Kako is very dutyfull and she behaved like the Princess she is.

Vanesa.

Princess Kako attended her primary school graduation ceremony with her mother, Princess Kiko, on March 18, 2007. She will enter secondary school in April.

Photo from JiJi

Congratulations!

Last edited:
Video news of Princess Kako arriving with her mother Princess Kiko at Gakushuin primary school to attend her own graduation ceremony on March 18, 2007.

FNN news
ANN news

Photo from Mainichi news

Last edited:
Thanks for the video!
I think there was a hint of a smile (Kako) in the video, that is if you watch carefully....

Lovely! The Princess is charming in her school suit. I always liked Japanese school suits. And yes...If you looks carefully the images, Princess Kako has a start of a smile in her lips. ;)

Vanesa.

She looks so serious/sad in the clip....but I think there is a hint of a smile a the very beginning...

Princess Mako and Princess Kako, accompanied by their mother Princess Kiko arrive at Gakushuin high school to attend their school entrance ceremony on April 6, 2007.

Princess Mako enters her 1st year at the senior high school.
Princess Kako enters her 1st year at the junior high school.

Photo from JIJI Press

Video news from TBS news
ANN video news of the family entering the Imperial Palace to greet the Emperor and Empress.

Last edited:
They looks very happy entering at school. People uses to think (for any osbcure reason -that these two Princesses are sad people,and much more currently, that they had a brother...(Oh! Bad boys! They would be banished from the earth. Only women must be able to live. :ROFLMAO: ) Time to time, people uses to point out how "sad" Princesses Kako and Mako looks. Hope this time, seeing them smiling, people would realize this isn't true.

Vanesa.

Maybe these girls are just a little bit shy and don't like smiling for cameras.

Interestingly enough of Princess Kako apparently is a skater, and I hear she even won a junior competition a couple of years back.. Who knows if she may move up in that sport? Could be interesting if the emperor's granddaughter becomes a star figure skater. Although in Japan that would be really hard because they have the best ladies in the world.

bekalc said:
Maybe these girls are just a little bit shy and don't like smiling for cameras.

Exactly. You said it! I'm a little shy myself, and when someone sees a pic from me, always believes I'm angry to someone or very sad...and it's just I don't like to be photographed very much. What if the two princesses are just shy, like me?

Vanesa.

Thank you! She is wonderful practicing the sport she really likes...There, the Princess don't looks exactly "sad" or "shy".

Vanesa.

Full video of Princess Kako's second victory in a skating competition in Toyko 13th April 2007 supplied by the Imperial Household Agency:

http://www.toonippo.co.jp/douga/kou****su/news2007/20070413b.html

Full video of Princess Kako's second victory in a skating competition in Toyko 13th April 2007 supplied by the Imperial Household Agency:

http://www.toonippo.co.jp/douga/kou****su/news2007/20070413b.html

Change the **** to a word which people use as an alternative to "poo". This word is "s h i t" without the spaces in between the letters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for her! It seems that Princess Kako is a good skater, isn't she? :)

Vanesa.

Well, if that's the tape. She's certainly a better skater than I am. But the next Mao Asada, she's not.

Well...Evidently she is NOT. She is a Princess, not a professional skater.The problem is that I compared her with my poor performances in these kind of disciplines. I wouldn't even know how to stand in a skate without falling on my back in a shameful way! :w00t2::jester:

Vanesa.

Well...Evidently she is NOT. She is a Princess, not a professional skater.The problem is that I compared her with my poor performances in these kind of disciplines. I wouldn't even know how to stand in a skate without falling on my back in a shameful way! :w00t2::jester:

Vanesa.

Well, I can skate around a rink without falling, but of course she's much better than me.

But just because Kako is a princess doesn't mean that she's incapable of reaching the top level. I mean Zara is Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter and she's a world champion herself. Still, the Japanese field is really deep right now, they took Gold and silver at worlds this year in the ladies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom