The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

HIH the Princess Kako of Akishino and her parents TIH the Prince & Princess Akishino at the preview of the documentary film about Japanese wild nature preservation in Tokyo on January 25th, 2012.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** - Kyodo

Old 01-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Kako is pretty, but that pink suit is too old for her.
Except for color, it is almost a replica of her mother's.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

HIH the Princess Mako with her friends at the university's campus.

**Pic** - Facebook
Old 02-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photo!
It is great to see Princess Mako in a casual setting. Does she go to Gakushuin University?
Old 02-06-2012, 02:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
... Does she go to Gakushuin University?
No, she doesn't. The Princess is a student of International Christian University in Tokyo (see post # 197) following the wish of her grandmother the Empress.
She had also visited Ireland and studied English there (see post # 213).

International Christian University - Wikipedia
Old 02-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the information!
Her Majesty must have been delighted to see her grand-daughter following her recommendation. I was told that the Gakushuin school and the Gakushuin university are the places for the Japanese Imperial family and elite to educate their children. Thus, I presumed that Princess Mako would follow the usual path.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

What about Princess Kako?
She must be almost ready for university; does anyone know where she plans to attend?
Old 04-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Princess Mako attending a concert

(Following recent incidents, I would like to refer anybody who may think the emperor´s statement obvious or redundant to this thread, post #682.)
Old 04-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Prince Hisahito Visiting Chiba-ken's Kamogawa Aquarium

Prince Hisahito visited Chiba-ken's Kamogawa Aquarium with his parents two weeks ago during his school's break.

Princess Mako

Close-up of baby Hisahito

(Following recent incidents, I would like to refer anybody who may think the emperor´s statement obvious or redundant to this thread, post #682.)
Old 04-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Princess Mako is a really beautiful young lady.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Gentry

According to Asahi Shinbun (1 June 2012), Mako is going to study at the Edinburgh University from September this year until May next year. The news paper says that she is going to take up the arts related subject. She is curruntly a student at the Interbnationa Christian University (ICU). She is able to cliam ponits from the Edinburgh University to contribute to her university back in Japan.

http://mainichi.jp/english/english/n...dm126000c.html Mainichi
Old 06-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Princess on course to be our latest royal resident
Quote:
It has been revealed that Princess Mako of Akishino, 20, the eldest grandchild of the Emperor and Empress of Japan and the great-granddaughter of the late Emperor Hirohito, will study in Edinburgh from September. [...] Ewan Leaver, president of Edinburgh University’s Japan Society said he was thrilled at the news. He said: “It’s pretty amazing, I had heard a rumour about it some weeks ago. What an honour for the university to be chosen by such a notable royal. Our society has over 50 members and we meet every Wednesday in The Ale House on Clerk Street. Princess Mako will be made more than welcome if she wishes to attend. We get a lot of students coming to the university from Japan who wish to sample Scottish life and culture. It would be an honour to show her the sights.”

It is not known whether the Princess will have police protection or bodyguards during her stay in Edinburgh but she will not necessarily live in the lap of luxury. In 2010, she spent one-and-a-half months in Ireland for a summer language course, staying with a local family and at a dormitory. [...] Dr Ian Astley, Edinburgh University senior lecturer in Japanese, said he was sure fellow students would make her feel welcome. “We have around 25 students studying Japanese at the university each year. It’s a very popular course and there are many people who understand Japanese so she’ll have plenty of people to speak with.” [...]

Princess Mako should be well aware of just what the Capital has to offer as another Imperial family member, Princess Tsuguko of Takamado, now 26, studied English at Edinburgh University from 2004 to 2008.
Edinburgh Evening News, Tuesday 5 June 2012

Old 08-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

As reported previously, Princess Mako will study at the University of Edinburgh from September until May. She is scheduled to depart on Aug. 24 and will stay in a campus dormitory. Source

Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiaraC View Post
As reported previously, Princess Mako will study at the University of Edinburgh from September until May. She is scheduled to depart on Aug. 24 and will stay in a campus dormitory. Source

Wouldn't it be fun if she met Harry, and ended up married to him?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

It might be interesting, but I am not sure how well it would go down in her homeland.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I doubt that Princess Mako will ever do anything like that. If she does, her family and the IHA will not be amused.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Wouldn't it be fun if she met Harry, and ended up married to him?
It definitely would. But I agree with Albina: this would not happen. I am sure that the IHA and the Japanese government would not like that at all. Remember that during the discussions about the status of the princesses there was the opinion that members of the imperial household should not be allowed to marry foreigners:
Quote:
[Journalist Soichiro Tahara, one of the experts at the hearing] recalled being asked by European journalists a few decades ago why Emperor Akihito married a commoner rather than someone from his class, and why he didn't look abroad if no Japanese women were suitable. "Not once has there been foreign blood in the Imperial family — that is the tradition. I don't think I was able to explain it properly, but I told (the journalists) that Japanese people would not like it, and that I couldn't agree, either," Tahara said.
Japan Times

If Princess Mako insisted on marrying a British foreigner, this could seriously worsen the British-Japanese relations, and I doubt that the queen would allow that.

Mako and Harry would have to elope to the US... (Just kidding, of course. )

Old 08-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Today, Princess Mako of Akishino went to the imperial palace to bid farewell to her grandparents, the emperor and empress. Princess Mako will soon leave Japan, in order to study at the University of Edinburgh from September until May. She also visited one of the Three Palace Sanctuaries, the Kashiko-dokoro shrine that is dedicated to the mythological ancestress of the imperial family, the sun goddess Amaterasu. (Source in Japanese)

The princess is scheduled to depart on Aug. 24.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Mako at the Narita airport near Tokyo on August 24, 2012, prior to her departure for Britain to study at the University of Edinburgh.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 08-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Royal Highness

i always used to think that Kako was more pretty than Mako,but for some reason since Mako turned 20, she became such a beautiful woman.

i loved her white style when she went to say farewell on the imperial palace, i love her hat, where can i find one? i often see royal ladies with that style of hat and always wanted one for me

Tags
hisahito, prince hisahito, princess kako, princess mako