Princesses Mako, Kako and Prince Hisahito Current Events 1: July 2005 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Kako is pretty, but that pink suit is too old for her.
Except for color, it is almost a replica of her mother's.

HIH the Princess Mako with her friends at the university's campus.

**Pic** - Facebook

Thanks for the photo!
It is great to see Princess Mako in a casual setting. Does she go to Gakushuin University?

Last edited:
Thanks for the information!
Her Majesty must have been delighted to see her grand-daughter following her recommendation. I was told that the Gakushuin school and the Gakushuin university are the places for the Japanese Imperial family and elite to educate their children. Thus, I presumed that Princess Mako would follow the usual path.

Last edited:
What about Princess Kako?
She must be almost ready for university; does anyone know where she plans to attend?

Princess Mako is a really beautiful young lady. :)

According to Asahi Shinbun (1 June 2012), Mako is going to study at the Edinburgh University from September this year until May next year. The news paper says that she is going to take up the arts related subject. She is curruntly a student at the Interbnationa Christian University (ICU). She is able to cliam ponits from the Edinburgh University to contribute to her university back in Japan.

http://mainichi.jp/english/english/newsselect/news/20120601p2g00m0dm126000c.html Mainichi

Last edited:
Princess on course to be our latest royal resident
It has been revealed that Princess Mako of Akishino, 20, the eldest grandchild of the Emperor and Empress of Japan and the great-granddaughter of the late Emperor Hirohito, will study in Edinburgh from September. [...] Ewan Leaver, president of Edinburgh University’s Japan Society said he was thrilled at the news. He said: “It’s pretty amazing, I had heard a rumour about it some weeks ago. What an honour for the university to be chosen by such a notable royal. Our society has over 50 members and we meet every Wednesday in The Ale House on Clerk Street. Princess Mako will be made more than welcome if she wishes to attend. We get a lot of students coming to the university from Japan who wish to sample Scottish life and culture. It would be an honour to show her the sights.”

It is not known whether the Princess will have police protection or bodyguards during her stay in Edinburgh but she will not necessarily live in the lap of luxury. In 2010, she spent one-and-a-half months in Ireland for a summer language course, staying with a local family and at a dormitory. [...] Dr Ian Astley, Edinburgh University senior lecturer in Japanese, said he was sure fellow students would make her feel welcome. “We have around 25 students studying Japanese at the university each year. It’s a very popular course and there are many people who understand Japanese so she’ll have plenty of people to speak with.” [...]

Princess Mako should be well aware of just what the Capital has to offer as another Imperial family member, Princess Tsuguko of Takamado, now 26, studied English at Edinburgh University from 2004 to 2008.
Edinburgh Evening News, Tuesday 5 June 2012

As reported previously, Princess Mako will study at the University of Edinburgh from September until May. She is scheduled to depart on Aug. 24 and will stay in a campus dormitory. Source

As reported previously, Princess Mako will study at the University of Edinburgh from September until May. She is scheduled to depart on Aug. 24 and will stay in a campus dormitory. Source

Wouldn't it be fun if she met Harry, and ended up married to him? :flowers:

It might be interesting, but I am not sure how well it would go down in her homeland.

I doubt that Princess Mako will ever do anything like that. If she does, her family and the IHA will not be amused.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be fun if she met Harry, and ended up married to him? :flowers:
It definitely would. :flowers: But I agree with Albina: this would not happen. I am sure that the IHA and the Japanese government would not like that at all. Remember that during the discussions about the status of the princesses there was the opinion that members of the imperial household should not be allowed to marry foreigners:
[Journalist Soichiro Tahara, one of the experts at the hearing] recalled being asked by European journalists a few decades ago why Emperor Akihito married a commoner rather than someone from his class, and why he didn't look abroad if no Japanese women were suitable. "Not once has there been foreign blood in the Imperial family — that is the tradition. I don't think I was able to explain it properly, but I told (the journalists) that Japanese people would not like it, and that I couldn't agree, either," Tahara said.
Japan Times

If Princess Mako insisted on marrying a British foreigner, this could seriously worsen the British-Japanese relations, and I doubt that the queen would allow that.

Mako and Harry would have to elope to the US... :lol: (Just kidding, of course. ;))

Today, Princess Mako of Akishino went to the imperial palace to bid farewell to her grandparents, the emperor and empress. Princess Mako will soon leave Japan, in order to study at the University of Edinburgh from September until May. She also visited one of the Three Palace Sanctuaries, the Kashiko-dokoro shrine that is dedicated to the mythological ancestress of the imperial family, the sun goddess Amaterasu. (Source in Japanese)

The princess is scheduled to depart on Aug. 24.

Princess Mako at the Narita airport near Tokyo on August 24, 2012, prior to her departure for Britain to study at the University of Edinburgh.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

i always used to think that Kako was more pretty than Mako,but for some reason since Mako turned 20, she became such a beautiful woman.

i loved her white style when she went to say farewell on the imperial palace, i love her hat, where can i find one? i often see royal ladies with that style of hat and always wanted one for me

All the best on your studies, Mako!

I hope she has a wonderful time in Edinburgh.

Have there been any news on mako's start of the academic year in the uk?

:previous:

I would say it's a bit early for news on that. Semester 1 at the University of Edinburgh starts on September 17, the induction week starts one week earlier and freshers' week events start on September 8. I think she has to settle in before some news are released.

On the occasion of Prince Hisahito's 6th birthday today, September 6, some nice new pics of Hisahito and his sisters Princess Mako and Princess Kako have been released today. The photos were taken in the Akasaka imperial estate in Tokyo on August 14, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** ajw.asahi.com: Prince Hisahito celebrates 6th birthday **

The young prince possesses a green thumb. The agency said he raised and harvested vegetables, such as tomatoes and cucumbers, in a yard at his residence. He is currently growing rice plants in a bucket and is looking forward to the harvest in autumn, according to the agency.

Hisahito also has a leaning toward entomology. He tended to different types of insects and observed a cicada nymph shed its exoskeleton. Hisahito also collected insects with Emperor Akihito in the Imperial Palace compound.

Lovely little guy ! Such a pity the pix are so rare !

On the occasion of Prince Hisahito's 6th birthday today, September 6, some nice new pics of Hisahito and his sisters Princess Mako and Princess Kako have been released today. The photos were taken in the Akasaka imperial estate in Tokyo on August 14, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** ajw.asahi.com: Prince Hisahito celebrates 6th birthday **

More pictures of the same event
1 *** 2 *** 3 *** 4 *** 5 *** 6 *** 7 *** 8 *** 9 *** 10 *** 11 *** 12 *** 13

Hisahito on the way to the imperial palace to greet his grandparents, with his mother:

Future Emperor Prince Hisahito celebrates 6th birthday
Cumple años el único nieto varón del emperador Akihito

Videos:

—Im‚³‚Ü‚«‚傤6Î‚Ɂ@—c’t‰€‚Å”N‰º‚Ì–Ê“|‚àŒ©‚é

æ‚*仁さま ï¼–æ*³ã®èª•ç”Ÿæ—¥ã€ä¸¡é™›ä¸‹ã«ã”挨拶 - YouTube

æ‚*仁さま ï¼–æ*³ã« - YouTube

秋ç¯*宮ご夫妻の長男・æ‚*仁さま、6æ*³ã®èª•ç”Ÿæ—¥ã‚’迎えられる(12/09/06) - YouTube

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures! But I would LOVE to see Aiko with her cousins. There there we would have ALL grandchildren of the Imperial couple.

Love the pictures!
Hisahito has such an impish look; I bet he's a handful!
It's so sweet to see him with his sisters.

:previous:

I would say it's a bit early for news on that. Semester 1 at the University of Edinburgh starts on September 17, the induction week starts one week earlier and freshers' week events start on September 8. I think she has to settle in before some news are released.

wow, she certainly will have some time to aclimatise! hopefully we will get some news soon... :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom