The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

We should keep in mind that the Japanese royals dress very conservatively. I remember that Elspeth noted that Princess Mako's and Princess Kako's fashion choices on photos released by the IHA are quite matronly. I dare to assume that both Princesses wear, shall we say, trendier outfits in private.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

That's true and pitty.
Just look how they cousins get dressed.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Moderator Emeritus

2010/04/09 11:51 - Prince Hisahito Attends 1st Day Of Kindergarten

Prince Hisahito, son of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko, attended his first day of kindergarten on Friday at an institution connected to Tokyo's Ochanomizu University.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd like to add some pictures to the previous post.
Japan's Prince Hisahito arrives at the Kindergarten attached to Ochanomizu University with his parents Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko to attend the entrance ceremony in Tokyo Friday, April 9, 2010.
*Pic 1* *Pic 2* *Pic 3* - credits AP
*Pic 4* - credits Getty
Old 04-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Commoner

Prince Hisahito enters Kindergarten

The Kindergarten is an Ochanomizu institution, affiliated with Ochanomizu Woman Unversity, wich with the ecxeption of highschool and the university, it's primary and secondary school division are coeducational, and it's considered one of the elite (by means, much sought-after Japanese 'elevator school') and the oldest academic institution in Japan. This is the first time a member of Japanese Royals schooled there, and not Gakushuin. The differences... well, Ochanomizu's entrance and annual fee is twice cheaper . And since the admissions based on highly competitive entrance selections, the environtment are much 'wider', since all students comes from various backgrounds. But the notable distinction in it's kindergarten is, they provided a 3 year program instead of 2, unlike Gakushuin. And according to statement, this is the primary reason his mom and dad decided to participated him there.

News: FNNƒjƒ…[ƒX: c‘Žq‚•v‚’—E...

Pictures: http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/mako/src/1270780417754.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/mako/src/1270782558018.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/mako/src/1270779783112.jpg
http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/mako/src/1270779770705.jpg

akishino - News, photos, topics, and quotes (gallery)
Old 04-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Commoner

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
That's true and pitty.
Just look how they cousins get dressed.
You mean Aiko? that she trendierly dressed?
Well, I'm no fashion expert so I determined someone is conservatively dressed if they've never been seen wearing jeans or hoodies .
An so is with Japanese Royals, I'll say Togu family (Aiko, Masako, Naruhito) are conservatively dressed, but in a more sharply manners, like a middle class, metropolitan family wich everybody knows they're well of but keeping modesty about it. And for Akishino families, well..., they're like a parishioners. I do agree that Aiko is more fashionably dressed because her outfits are more 'stand out' and unpredictable, unlike her cousins, but still exerts a conservative demeanor.
And as for Mako's ICU's entrance little-black-suit , it's no doubt won't made her a leading lady. But I guess that's how many Japanese scholars did it. On one video coverage of Jobs and Employment Fair, almost all participants clad in extremely serious gray or black suits...
Overall, the way Japanese Royal's dressed is like transmitting a message that: no need to attract attentions as we're already a much-sought public figures...
Old 04-09-2010, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

http://www.corriere.it/foto_del_gior...4f02aabe.shtml
Prince Hisahito going to school with mum and dad.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Nobility

A lad with some big shoes to fill already at the starting gate to life. May the best of fortune shine in your academic pursuits Your Highness.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope there will be more pix about this event !
Old 04-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos!
Time flies so fast. I can not believe that it is time for Prince Naruhito to attend the kindergarten. I hope he enjoys learning about new things and playing with other children.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblog...dergarten.html

I am a bit late to post this, but hope you all like it.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Japanese royal to spend time in Dublin studying English

The imperial Irish visit is part of a mini-tradition: Princess Makos grandmother, Empress Michiko, was partly educated in Tokyo by Irish nuns she studied Irish history, language and literature and is something of a Hibernophile.
Empress Michiko speaks passable Gaelic, plays the harp and has been known to recite I See His Blood Upon The Rose by executed 1916 leader Joseph Plunkett as a party piece, according to Wherever Green is Worn , Tim Pat Coogans book on the Irish Diaspora. - Irish Times
Old 06-28-2010, 01:24 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

My! I didn't know that! Does Empress Michiko speaks some GAELIC??? That's a very rare skill in a Royal. It's common they would speak English or French...but GAELIC? I love Gaelic's sound and songs even if I can't speak it myself.

Congrats, Your Imperial Majesty!

Vanesa.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Mako, the eldest daughter of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko, left Japan for Ireland on Sunday to study English in Dublin between July 4 and Aug. 15. - Kyodo
Old 08-14-2010, 04:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

The eldest granddaughter of Japan’s reigning emperor flies back to Tokyo today, August 14th 20101, after spending part of the summer learning English in Dublin. - IrishTimes.com
Old 08-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

littleroyals: Littleroyals van Japan
Old 08-20-2010, 11:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Little prince takes museum tour

During the tour to the National Museum of Nature and Science in Tokyo's Ueno district Prince Hisahito enjoyed looking around the stuffed animal exhibits and other displays, pointing at a specimen of a flying squirrel hanging from the ceiling and listening to the sound of locusts that streamed from a speaker after a button was pressed.
According to the museum's attendant, Prince Hisahito appeared very interested in the stuffed specimens on display and said of one, "It's big." - Japan Times
Old 08-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Not enough pix of this little cutie... I hope on the 6th of September (his birthday I think) we will be treated to a lot of pix !
Old 09-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Hisahito celebrates his 4th birthday on Sept 6, 2010. The Imperial Household Agency released 8 photos to mark the occasion.

Here is a link to the album posted by Yomiuri News

Old 09-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos!
It is nice that photos have been taken in the somewhat casual environment that allows us to see real Prince Hisahito. He appears to be a lively youngster.

Tags
hisahito, prince hisahito, princess kako, princess mako