The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Nobility

i think masako should be happy that her sister in law is relieving the pressure of her if its a boy...
seriously, and aiko should be glad too.
she wont have to be Empress.
no stress!

Old 02-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Princess Kiko.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Aristocracy

congrats for Princess Kiko!

but I hope thet the baby is boy....
Old 02-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt it would be so much publicity about the pregnancy unless they knew it to be a boy.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

News reported that the news of Princess Kiko being pregnant was reported in the press even before Prince Akishino knew himself of his wife's pregnancy on the morning/afternoon of Feb. 7, 2006.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
News reported that the news of Princess Kiko being pregnant was reported in the press even before Prince Akishino knew himself of his wife's pregnancy on Feb. 7, 2006.
But I thought an earlier report said Akishino had informed the Emperor/Empress and the Crown Princely couple. Somehow this report seems odd..not least because of the obvious: the dad didn't know before the press?!
Old 02-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont think the monarchy will survive if it is a boy. The monarchy needs MAJOR reform. If it stays the same conservative no good institution then it will just fade away as they are locked away in their palace. The most advanced nation in the world yet their culture wont change.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Gentry

Even if the baby is a boy, I think that they should still push ahead the succession reforms. But in the mean time, I think that this pregnancy will relieve pressure from Masako rather than add more.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of the proposed reforms is that it will allow women to succeed to the throne, but still won't put them ahead of the men. So according to that possible change, if the baby is a boy AND the reform passes, the new baby will still become emperor.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to her
I don't wish a girl or a boy
I just wish a healthy kid
Old 02-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Imperial pregnancy a cause for happiness
The Imperial Household Agency announced Tuesday evening that Princess Kiko, the wife of Prince Akishino, was showing signs of pregnancy. The baby is due at the end of September.
The baby will be the couple's third child after Princess Mako, 14, and Princess Kako, 11, and the fourth grandchild of the Emperor and Empress after the two princesses and Princess Aiko, 4, the only child of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako. Princess Aiko was born in December 2001.
The baby will further brighten the Imperial family. According to the agency, the Emperor and Empress heartily rejoiced at the news. It is wonderful news for us, too. We would like to congratulate the Imperial family from the bottom of our hearts...........................
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/editoria...09TDY04005.htm

Princess Kiko pregnancy puts female Emperor idea on hold
Just a few weeks ago, the campaign to make women eligible for Japan's time-honored Chrysanthemum Throne seemed assured of victory.
The measure was overwhelmingly popular with the public, and Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi vowed to push ahead with the reform in a major speech in the Diet.
Now that movement is frozen in its tracks, thanks to a powerful newcomer on the Japanese Imperial scene: a six-week-old embryo.
The Imperial Household Agency announced on Tuesday that Princess Kiko -- wife of the second man in line to the throne, Prince Akishino -- was in the early stages of pregnancy, delivering a possible solution to the Imperial Family's much-bemoaned lack of male heirs.........................
http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/nation...na002000c.html
Old 02-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Courtier

I agree that the timing makes this whole thing very suspicious. It doesn't help that the older daughters are 11 and 14 (only 3 years apart). It makes you wonder why Kiko and Akishino are having another baby now, especially in the midst of all this successional law reform.

It places an enormous amount of pressure on the couple, though. If they have another daughter, there'd probably be terrible PA for the IHA for placing this whole movement on hold. I'd imagine Kiko would feel truly horrible if she had a daughter. They'd lose another chance at a male heir...

Sadly, if this was the only reason they're having another baby and it's a daughter, she'd have a stigma growing up...she'd learn that she was supposed to be a boy and the only reason she was conceived was on the notion that she had to be a boy. In addition...I'd imagine the IHA wouldn't treat this new little princess very well...
Old 02-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, first of all, Congratulations to Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko! Expecting a baby is a great thing, regardless of age, and I trully hope that they will have a healthy little kid.
I was very surprised to learn about Princess Kiko's pregnancy and my first thought was 'what will happen to the succession reform now?' I am very fond of Princess Aiko and would love to see her as the Empress of Japan one day. However if Princess Kiko deliveres a boy, then I really think it would be better if he were the heir. I say this not of my personal believes, because as I said, I am very fond of Princess Aiko, but taking into consideration the traditions of Japan, which must be respected. I do think that most Japanese people would prefer a male Emperor, because that's part of the tradition and traditions still play a great role on Japanese society. And any traditions must be respected.

Anyway, putting the succession reform aside, I again wish Princess Kiko to have a healthy, lovely little kid, a boy or a girl.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I'm sure we all know plenty of people who have had "oops" babies or late in life surprises. (It seems pretty cold-hearted to get pregnant on purpose.)
Old 02-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
News reported that the news of Princess Kiko being pregnant was reported in the press even before Prince Akishino knew himself of his wife's pregnancy on the morning/afternoon of Feb. 7, 2006.
That's revolting. That must mean the doctor was straight on the phone to the puppetmasters at the IHA before the princess had even had a moment to talk to her own family.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, at six weeks they can usually tell which gender the embryo is.

The way these people operate, I wouldn't be surprised if the pregnancy wasn't announced until they knew it was a boy and that it would have been terminated if it had been a girl and she'd been told to go back home and try again. I mean, it's obvious that this pregnancy is in response to the current discussion about the succession, and Prince Akishino seems to be quite unsympathetic to his brother's concerns about the Crown Princess.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Aristocracy

Termination of the baby?!? I hope not, I mean that's really horrible. I do hope it's a boy to relieve Masako of the pressures placed on her by such bizarre and thorny laws.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
That's revolting. That must mean the doctor was straight on the phone to the puppetmasters at the IHA before the princess had even had a moment to talk to her own family.
Since the IHA was that eager...the baby's probably a boy.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:41 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../princesskiko/

BABY NUMBER THREE ON THE WAY FOR JAPAN'S PRINCESS KIKO

After years dominated by news of Crown Princess Masako's ill health and the succession issue, the Japanese royal family now has every reason to celebrate. Princess Kiko, the wife of the Emperor's younger son, Prince Akishino, is expecting her third child in the autumn.

Friends of the couple, who have two daughters - 14-year-old Princess Mako and Princess Kako, 11, expressed their surprise and delight. An old school chum of Akishino, Hiroshi Takita, said he was happy, adding that when he met the prince in December he'd been silent on the matter.

Rather more revealing was the subject of Kiko's poem at the annual imperial verse reading ceremony. "A stork takes wings, it circles in the arch of the sky," wrote the 39-year-old royal. "We look up with a big smile."

Old 02-09-2006, 02:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by foiegrass
i think masako should be happy that her sister in law is relieving the pressure of her if its a boy...
seriously, and aiko should be glad too.
she wont have to be Empress.
no stress!
Yeah...but I do wish that Naruhito's children will inherit the throne someday..After all, Prince Naruhito is the future emperor..it would be more appropriate or fair if he will pass the throne to one of his children, his direct bloodline...and I would say that i am bias with this idea because I am fond of Prince Naruhito, Princess Masako, and Princess Aiko..They've been through hard times and I think it would be a great consolation or reward if Aiko will become Empress somdeday...and I believe that deep in their hearts, the Crown Prince and Princess would like their daughter or future children to have the throne someday...

Old 02-09-2006, 02:55 AM
Aristocracy

congrats but i hope it's a baby gal and they change the old way of thinking and this should be with all Royal households, gals have the same rights as boys ,EEO, so they should stop making male heirs to the Throne they don't always make the best monarch, well lets see you have Queen in England and you have a Queen in Denmark, future Queen in Sweden and in Norway, why not in every Royal household, first born no matter sex should rule, what's the big deal the Prime Ministers rule anyways not the King or Queen.

So Japan and other countries change your sex consituations for Royal first borns, whatever sex they are they should rule so i want for Japan, Princess Aiko to rule one day Japan. Maybe a future Queen of Spain instead of a first born son to be king.

I think we are equal, that's what you ladies wanted so now we have to do the same first born future Queen or King.

Tags
hisahito, kiko, pregnancy, prince hisahito, princess akishino, princess kiko