The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus
Members of Japan royal family are not free as European royal family. I've heard that Prinese Masako should follow lots rules...how to wave her hands, how to smile, how to wear.....Even Princess Masako who is accustomed to changing environment, she must not get used to this kind environment!!
I've never looked into this or heard anything (I usualy don't follow up on Imperial Family). But I had noticed that both Masako and Kiko wave the same way, they wear outfits that are almost the same, thier little hats are also almost the same...hmmm....They even smile (almost) the same way. Maybe they do have to follow a certain guide line when being in public (and private life). I can't imagine someone being happy when they can't be thier natural selfs!

It took me FOREVER to find some pictures of these two princess together....does anyone else see the similarities?

Pictures from :

Getty Images

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5678...F9B6A0A555925B

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5282...6E4E390F4989F0

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5676...C166345984FD8D

To conclude, I wish the best to Princess Kiko and her yet-to-be-born baby....(I hope it's a girl!).

Old 09-01-2006, 03:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Kiko to give birth to 3rd child by Caesarian on Wednesday
Princess Kiko, the wife of Prince Akishino, Emperor Akihito's second son, will give birth to her third child by Caesarian section Wednesday morning, the Imperial Household Agency said Friday...........A baby girl will be the royal couple's third daughter. Boy or girl, the baby will be the fourth grandchild of the emperor, 72, and his wife Empress Michiko, 71, and the 23rd member of the imperial family alive today...................The 39-year-old Princess Kiko awaits her operation at Aiiku Hospital in Tokyo's Minato Ward, where she has stayed since Aug. 16 to prepare for a Caesarian delivery.....................
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060901/kyodo/d8jrtu000.html

Japanese princess to give birth on September 6
..............."She will give birth in the morning of September 6," an Imperial Household Agency agency spokeswoman said, confirming earlier news reports..............
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060901...n_060901074211

Old 09-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Commoner

good luck enjoy the birth party
Old 09-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Royal Highness

We'll know in less than a week.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

I always found the timing of this pregnancy interesting, a full 12 years after the birth of their last child. Surely someone in the Imperial Household must have sat the couple down and "suggested" that they have another child, since it was unlikely that Masako was able to have another, considering her fragile mental state and advancing age. Or, I wonder if it was a concious decision on the part of Akishino and Kiko, their chance to produce an heir for Japan and be parents of the next emperor. What are everyone's thoughts?
Old 09-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Gentry

Princess Kiko will have a c-section on Wednesday, September 5th...that was announced today.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Serene Highness

I believe that is Wednesday the 6th of September.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

If it is done early in the morning, we, Europeans, will have the news when we get up !
Old 09-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Commoner

Perhaps, like so many parents at that age, they see their once little girls growing up and want to relive having a little baby to raise. And since the IHA also want another baby-a boy-why not give it a go.

Either way, best of wishes to Princess Kiko and the baby. Let's hope they both remain healthy.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:21 AM
Nobility

aye. 6th sept. my birthday. and we'll know whether its a girl or a boy. how exciting! i suppose. futhermore, kiko's birthday is on the 11th.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsnyder
I always found the timing of this pregnancy interesting, a full 12 years after the birth of their last child. Surely someone in the Imperial Household must have sat the couple down and "suggested" that they have another child, since it was unlikely that Masako was able to have another, considering her fragile mental state and advancing age. Or, I wonder if it was a concious decision on the part of Akishino and Kiko, their chance to produce an heir for Japan and be parents of the next emperor. What are everyone's thoughts?
Well, the (past?) Grand Steward of the IHA has publicly "demanded" that both couples try for a 2nd and 3rd child in 2002 and 2003 or 2004. Akihito was also said to be fretting about the succession for about a decade now. It was also said that he gave his blessing for this 4th grandchild. And those conservatives have been vehemently against a female tenno (including some male members of the Imperial Family). So it's really no surprise, IMHO, that this pregnancy came about.

I do like this family a lot and I'm very happy that they will have an addition to their family. I will be very surprised if it's not a baby boy. I can cry to the highest heavens for Aiko's lost chance to become a female tenno but it's nothing I can change or influence. I just wish the mother and baby well. And hopefully that this path is better for all, especially for Aiko; and for the more senior members of the family to reconcile and try to forge a better future for Japan's monarchy in the 21st century.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 09-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Courtier

Talking

Gosh, that was a fast-seeming nine months! Seems like just last week when the announcement was made about Kiko and the new little one on the way. Thanks for the update and I will be sure to keep an eye out for the announcement on Wednesday.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:54 PM

wow.
What a coincidence.
This coming Sept.6 is going to be my 18th birthday :)
Old 09-03-2006, 04:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by makolove
wow.
What a coincidence.
This coming Sept.6 is going to be my 18th birthday :)
Ooo thats exactly one week after i turned 18 myself on the 30th august
Old 09-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Courtier

6th Sept - the day is drawing closer, praying that both mother have a safe and smooth deliver and baby comes into this world healthy and well.

btw, Happy birthday to both Makolove and crm2317
Old 09-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I sure the baby is a boy, but I can't wain for the news!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 09-04-2006, 05:43 AM
Courtier

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...cle1359799.ece

I know that in these days an endless quantity of information regarding princess Kiko will "flood" us but still I really advice to read article from Independent (especially it's second part).
The author describes how the journalists are treaten by officials from IHA. For instance one journalist was told to not walk in the centre of hallway to meeting room becuase "only his majesty can walk in the centre"....
Old 09-04-2006, 07:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Japanese shares get 'baby bounce'
Shares in Japanese firms which make baby products have risen sharply, anticipating an imminent royal birth...........
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5311784.stm
Old 09-04-2006, 07:21 AM
Commoner

Wow interesting article posted above - especially:

Quote:
In significant ways, the Japanese royals, by design, still barely inhabit the earthly realm: they have no surname, no personal wealth or possessions, no passports and few, if any, legal rights. Can they divorce? Can they abdicate? Can they sue? Nobody really knows. Says Akira Asada of Kyoto University: "The royals aren't permitted to live like normal human beings. They are forced to live in a miserable situation, stripped of many basic human rights."
Excuse me for not having read more than the last few pages of this thread - fascinating as it is. So I don't doubt this has been mentioned...

The thing that strikes me most forcefully is the sheer irony in this situation (and many the same in royal and non-royal families over the years) is the fact that it is the men who are putting pressure on these women to conceive a boy.............when it is actually dependent on the MAN to determine the sex of the child

Henry the VIII is just one who comes to mind - but perhaps he can be forgiven due to ignorance. Whereas the modern Prince....

Another thought/question. Since it is now possible to determine the sex of an embryo before it is implanted in IVF procedures - is it likely that this is what may have occured? Would there have been pressure I wonder for Princess Kiko to undergo this?

The reason I assume the need for IVF is the age of these ladies. It is a well studied fact that fertility greatly declines after 35 years of age.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Courtier

Infertility is a problem that get worst with age but there are many women giving birth after their forties, so having a baby at Kiko's age is nothing new. Im pretty sure it is a boy, i dont think she will carry another pregnancy in this moment when the government started to think about changing the succession law if it was not becuase of the certainty of a boy-.

Closed Thread

Tags
akishino, hisahito, kiko, pregnancy, prince akishino, prince fumihito, prince hisahito, princess akishino, princess kiko