The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Courtier

I'm starting to wonder if this is going to be her last baby. If it is a boy, then he is it. There is no spare, no one else to take the throne if something happens to him. The more I learn about the situation the more I start to think that if Kiko has a boy then 18 months from know she will be pregnant again.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

In the hugely unlikely event this baby is a girl, I think another Kiko pregnancy may be on the cards too.

Of course, she may be carrying twin boys - the heir and the spare in one package, so to speak.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
In the hugely unlikely event this baby is a girl, I think another Kiko pregnancy may be on the cards too.

Of course, she may be carrying twin boys - the heir and the spare in one package, so to speak.
If it was IVF it could even be triplets or more kids... all boys for the Imperial house... No, I'd think this would have shown, no?
Old 08-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
If it was IVF it could even be triplets or more kids... all boys for the Imperial house... No, I'd think this would have shown, no?
...and yet, there are no good photos showing Kiko's tummy- just side views of big jackets - so we don't even know if there is really one baby, let alone two or three....
Old 08-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
It wouldn't show if there were concubines or surrogates, would it now?!
Old 08-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Yes! I think several of us are on the same train of thought -- tongue in cheek? maybe?
I don't think she would be in a public clinic (even if she is in a private series of rooms) if there is something like that planned. Someone is bound to talk because this would be such an enormous cheat on the public... It boggles my mind only to think about something like that.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
I'm starting to wonder if this is going to be her last baby. If it is a boy, then he is it. There is no spare, no one else to take the throne if something happens to him. The more I learn about the situation the more I start to think that if Kiko has a boy then 18 months from know she will be pregnant again.
Does anyone know if Kiko was pressured into this pregnancy? Even though it is all a done deal by now, was she kind of pushed into doing it?
Old 08-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
Does anyone know if Kiko was pressured into this pregnancy? Even though it is all a done deal by now, was she kind of pushed into doing it?

Your guess is as good as ours. That's the whole point of argument that is going for pages and pages. Some think that she 'just' got pregnant and it was all a happy (for traditionalists) coincidence, while others think that it was all carefully planned by the IHA.
Most people on this board think that her pregnancy was organized though.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-25-2006, 04:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon

Your guess is as good as ours. That's the whole point of argument that is going for pages and pages. Some think that she 'just' got pregnant and it was all a happy (for traditionalists) coincidence, while others think that it was all carefully planned by the IHA.
Most people on this board think that her pregnancy was organized though.
Funny thing though, with all the joy that usually surrounds a new baby, it all seems kind of over the top to me, a little.

I mean, I'm happy for her and wish them all well, but somehow...

well, the situation from what I've read here seems a little like 'the ends justify the means' and the means (if true) are anything but 'traditional' or 'conservative'.

It is a little bit mind-blowing when one thinks about it too long...

I hope I've expressed myself (actually my confusion) clearly. If not then please forgive me, I mean no offense...
Old 08-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
It wouldn't show if there were concubines or surrogates, would it now?!
Yeah....we wouldn't know anyways...since there's no one see her tummy sticking out after she's pregnant (at least there's no pic or video clip that allow the public to see the tummy)
Old 08-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Commoner

I think it would be interesting if she gaver birth to twin girls.XD Could you imagine the looks on those guys?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

And again...Isn't it?

I doesn't like this new culture of "women are better than men" that we are experiencing nowadays. None are better than the other, since the ones couldn't exist without the others...Simply. So; go ahead people. One beside the other.

Vanesa.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyberiaWinx
I think it would be interesting if she gaver birth to twin girls.XD Could you imagine the looks on those guys?
the look on their faces would be priceless!
Old 08-26-2006, 03:55 AM
Courtier

Can anyone imagine what those horrid pple at IHA face wld look like if it's a girl?

do you think they'll then apply the same pressure to both CP Masako and Pss Kiko to have another baby????? I hope if it's a girl, they simply take up the succession laws and allow Pss Aiko to be Queen.

Then once and for all, everyone can get on with life again!
Old 08-26-2006, 06:03 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Kiko has been in the family longer so I assume after giving birth to the second daugther she too suffered the same pressure. But, because her husband is just second to the throne, maybe that pressure was more obscure and done behind palace walls while with princess Masako was out there in the open. And, possibly the terrible way Masako has been threated was a message to Kiko to shape up and keep trying for for pregnancies.
I don't see Kiko, or even her husband, as Masako's victimizers. I see the two imperial couples as the true victims of an obsolete system enforced in post war Japan by the army officer who put his hand in the constitution: General McCarthur. It was a domino effect waiting to happen since that constitution was imposed on Japan and the imperial family.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Also, Kiko hasn't had the 're-entry to Japan' issues that Charlotte has talked about on another thread -- so in many ways there just is no comparing the circumstances of the two women.
Just to clarify, Masako did not have 're-entry to Japan' issues, she actually made quite a successful transition back to Japan after living overseas. She has been diagnosed with "Adjustment Disorder" which is what returnee children are diagnosed with. She had problems adjusting to life within the Imperial Family, not to life in Japan after living overseas.
When looking at her schooling most of it was spent in Japan, she attended kindergarten in Russia, then elementary, junior high and at least one year of high school in Japan. Her final years of high school were spent in the US as well as university. Upon graduation she could have chosen to live outside of Japan permanently but she wanted to work for the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and she also enrolled at Tokyo University to study law. If re-entry to Japan had been a problem she would not have returned to live there permanently, Masako graduated from Harvard suma cum laude so getting a prestige job anywhere in the world would not have been difficult.

Getting back to Kiko, she has had the expectation on her to produce another child for a number of years. Back in 2002
Quote:
In December, Yuasa went further. He suggested that the crown prince's younger brother, Fumihito, and his wife, Kiko, should try for a son in addition to the two daughters they already have. ``If you consider the prosperity of the Imperial Household, I would like to strongly hope for their third child,'' Yuasa said.
Yuasa was the Chief Steward of the IHA ( the top dog, he has since retired, there is a new Chief Steward)
Knowing the strong sense of duty and obligation the Japanese have to everything, I doubt very much whether Kiko was forced to have another child. She just knew that as the only wife of an Imperial Prince to be capable of having another child, it was her duty and obligation to do so.

(The other wives are well past child- bearing, Princess Hitachi is 66 and childless, Princess Tomohito is 51, Princess Takamado was widowed in 2002. Princess Mikasa is in her 80's!)
Old 08-26-2006, 11:17 PM
Commoner

While I disagree with their custom of "passing the line through the male", I've just now taken the time to think about it in a scientific manner. Placing all the hope on a woman would be quite a risk. They could be unable to produce or carry children to term. Plus, men are capable of having children all their lives, which women are not-they lose the ability to do so sometime in their 40s, usually. So, while I still believe women should have the equal right to become empress and marry without losing their title, it is not impossible to see why they want to focus on having the DNA pass through the male.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:24 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

It's really hilarious that people who is always speaking about how silly it is to believe in conspiracies , here are believing in one... Princess Kiko doesn't got pregnant just for Akishino and her just want to, or for it just happened, but for the IHA, had planned it very carefully...(Muahaha)

I don't want to offend anyone, but I find pretty ridicoulous to have such dirty thoughts about Princess Kiko's pregnancy. I SHOULD like to see Aiko becoming an Empress but I'm not a Princess Kiko's enemy and a pro-Masako against her, nor viceversa. . And, we must remember in all cases, that this problem about succesion is a national matter of JAPAN. We've nothing to do over there as Japanese don't have any right to change other countries constitutions to their taste. We must not have "global laws". This could be very dangerous and bring the world to a massification where freedom shouldn't have any sense. People of the planet should do only that it is "politically correct", and all of us will finish to think exactly like our neighbors with any independent minds. Beware! We'll try not to interfer to other countries laws only for we doesn't like them. We must respect each other as we are...if not, it's easy to like someone who is exactly like us.

If Japanese people wants Princess Aiko to be their Empress, it's THEIR matter to push their authorities to change their succesion laws. If they doesn't want it...we must accept it, even if we thing they are narrow-minded, this or that.

Vanesa.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
And again...Isn't it?

I doesn't like this new culture of "women are better than men" that we are experiencing nowadays. None are better than the other, since the ones couldn't exist without the others...Simply. So; go ahead people. One beside the other.

Vanesa.
Then wouldn't it just be nice if Japan adopted universal succession?
Old 08-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
And, we must remember in all cases, that this problem about succesion is a national matter of JAPAN. We've nothing to do over there as Japanese don't have any right to change other countries constitutions to their taste.
Of course we don't, but it certainly doesn't mean that we must hold out tongues here in the Royal Forums, which is designed for such discussions. Wishing misfortune on the pregnant princess is quite distasteful, in my opinion, but hoping that the country doesn't get an opportunity to put off dealing with the succession issue is not. If a boy is born to Kiko, the matter will be solved for another generation, but what then? The same problem may arise. It's best to deal with the issue as soon as possible. And there are people, like myself, who question whether the average person in Japan knows (or is given enough information by the gov.) the history of the situation behind the palace walls. The truth is that Japan HAS had several female emperors, and that women DIDN'T lose their imperial titles upon marriage to a commoner. And that half the marriages imperial women have made recently are NOT to commoners, but members of princely shinnoke who were stripped of their titles by the UNITED STATES OCCUPATION. Tell me THAT isn't meddling in another country's affairs.

Whether the ancient laws were altered by the Meiji government as it tried to westernise the country, or by the United States' reforms, the current regulations are un-Japanese.

Tags
hisahito, kiko, pregnancy, prince hisahito, princess akishino, princess kiko