The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I wonder if the traditionalists will use this as an excuse to bypass the Crown Prince's daughter. And will poor Masako think that she has failed?

Old 02-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I feel sorry for Masako. After all this trouble and now all of sudden she decides to have a baby again. Isnt her husband the one who publicaly said he was against the succession changes. A bit suspicious. Im sure he would love to have his son become emporer. The law still needs to be changed and hopefully before the birth of this child.

Old 02-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
I feel sorry for Masako. After all this trouble and now all of sudden she decides to have a baby again. Isnt her husband the one who publicaly said he was against the succession changes. A bit suspicious. Im sure he would love to have his son become emporer. The law still needs to be changed and hopefully before the birth of this child.
Her husband Prince Akishino iis not the one who said he was against the succession changes in public. It's Prince Tomohito of Mikasa who said he was against the succession changes. Prince Tomohito is a cousin of Emperor Akihito.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Courtier

I hope it's a girl. I don't think it's fair for Aiko for them to scrap or pause plans for succession law reform while waiting for this baby to be born.

Either that, or I hope they pass new succession laws before this baby's born.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Preparation for Princess Kiko's childbirth begins
The Imperial Household Agency has begun preparation activities for Princess Kiko's childbirth, which is expected this fall, such as by installing a nursery at her palace in Tokyo's Akasaka district, agency officials said Wednesday.
The agency also plans to select a nurse to attend to the 39-year-old princess, the wife of Emperor Akihito's younger son, Prince Akishino, the officials said.......................
http://home.kyodo.co.jp/modules/fstS...storyid=228901

Princess Kiko pregnant / Royal couple expecting birth of 3rd child in autumn
.................According to the officials, Princess Kiko, 39, underwent an ultrasound examination Tuesday after she showed signs of pregnancy. The examination detected the embryo's heartbeat. If everything goes well,the child is expected to be born in late September.
"Princess Kiko underwent an examination today, and apparently she has shown signs of pregnancy. We shall make an official announcement at a later date when the time is right," agency chief Shingo Haketa said at a press conference at the agency Tuesday evening....................
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/columns/...08TDY01005.htm

Princess Kiko pregnant; baby due in the autumn
.....................Fumihito hinted at the possibility of having another child at a news conference marking his birthday in 2002, saying, "I get the impression that the daughters want to care for a sister or a brother."
At his 2003 news conference, he said, "The situation is the same as last year.".....................................In December 2003, when Toshio Yuasa was serving as grand steward of the Imperial Household Agency, he said, "Prince Fumihito may have his own ideas, but from the standpoint of wanting prosperity of the imperial family, I'd like them to have another child."
http://www.asahi.com/english/Herald-...602080184.html
Old 02-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for clearing that up for me manddy. Its still suspicious to me. Why after all these years and at that age all of a sudden decide to have children and announce it so early before parliament decides to change anything. I do hope its a girl. The Imperial Household needs major reform and a change to succession is a start.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Courtier

don't get me wrong - i'm really happy that they're expecting another child and wish them all the best but i just can't help but wonder if this is all a last ditch effort to produce a male heir to the throne? I mean the woman is 39yrs and there's been no words that she's been trying for a 3rd child, her youngest is in her early teens....you just got to wonder????
Old 02-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Akishino was critical of Prince Naruhito when he stood up for his wife against the IHA. It seems he believes that the system is more important than the health and welfare of the people in it.

I wonder how Princess Kiko feels about this pregnancy so long after the birth of her last child. The IHA said a while ago that one way out of this succession problem would be for Kiko to have another baby; I knew the IHA had a lot of influence over the royal family, but this is bordering on the sinister.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kunaicho (Imperial Household Agency) announced this on their official website

文仁親王(秋篠宮)妃殿下に関しての宮内庁長官記者会見要旨
 文仁親王妃殿下には,本日,拝診の結果,ご懐妊の兆候がおありになるとのことであります。
 本日,このことについて,思いがけない形で報道がなされましたが,これは,妃殿下が,山階鳥類研究所の会議のために千葉県にお出まし中の文仁親王殿下に,拝診の結果をご報告になる時間さえない時点で行われたもので,妃殿下にお与えした動揺やご負担を考えると,極めて残念に思わざるを得ません。
 文仁親王殿下から天皇皇后両陛下,皇太子同妃両殿下に直接ご報告をなさったとうかがっておりますが,両陛下には,ここに久々に皇室が再びお小さい宮様をお迎えになることをお聞きになり,心よりお喜びのご様子でございました。

本日は,とりあえず,以上のことをお話しますが,後日,その時期が来れば,正式に発表いたします。それまでの間,文仁親王妃殿下が静かにお過ごしになれるよう,配慮されることが極めて大切であると思っております。 
平成18年2月7日:宮内庁

Can someone translate this for the royal forum members?
Old 02-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Newest video links about the news with Prince Akishino today leaving his residence in Akasaka(Expires soon)

TBS news
http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/c...1&media=wm300k
ANN news
http://meta.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/c...1&media=wm300k
Old 02-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to Princess Kiko,
and Prince Akishino, Princesses Mako & Kako

but, i do hope this would be a Baby Girl, for Masako's sake (who just slowly returning to her normal presence)
Old 02-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

An old article that hinted on this pregnancy from Mainich news
.................Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko also appeared to touch on the theme. The couple has two daughters, and a former top palace official once stirred controversy by publicly suggesting they should have a third child -- preferably a boy.
Both wrote about storks. Kiko's poem read:
"A stork takes wings
"It circles in the arch of the sky
"We look up
"With big smile."
The Imperial Household Agency denied the poems indicated the possibility of the couple having a third child, saying they were simply recalling a visit to a ceremony last year in which protected storks were released into the wild.........................
http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/nation...na019000c.html
Old 02-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Aristocracy

While I wish Princess Kiko a healthy pregnancy, as well as a healthy baby, I hope the baby is a girl. Timing, IMO, is awfully suspicious. Perhaps it was a pleasant surprise; however, I too think this is a last ditch effort to try to prevent succession law changes. Don't get me wrong, I understand why some people would be against the succession law changes, I just hate the undue pressure that is placed on the princesses.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Courtier

just like what people have been saying...it's the TIMING that's suspicious! Also, the large differences in age between the two pricness (Mako and Kako) with this unborn child just makes people to wonder why Princess Kiko suddenly got pregnant...besides, she's already 39 years old. I suspect that this pregnancy is artificial ...there has also been speculation in some newspaper saying that the baby is not only a product of artificial breeding, but they also chose the gender (--> BOY of course) that's why they announce this so early

Let's hope that it's a GIRL....just to annoy the IHA!
Old 02-08-2006, 01:29 AM
Royal Highness

Is it for sure that they're going to delay trying to pass the bill because of Princess Kiko's pregnancy. I'm beginning to wonder if the IHA have any humane bones in their body. One look at cute Princess Aiko's face and they would sign the bill right away. She would make a great Empress. What are they so afraid of? Many European households have changed their succession laws and nothing bad has happened. As some other members stated, the timing is awfully suspicious. Whatever the baby's sex is, I hope the reform happens fast. I'm beginning to give up on the IHA. What is so good about a boy anyway? (Not to demean boys but in this situation the IHA have just got to learn that girls are just as good as boys.)
Old 02-08-2006, 04:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Kiko today
Prince Akishino & Princess Kiko: Current Events part 1
Old 02-08-2006, 04:31 AM
Gentry

Congratulations to princess kiko, her family, imperial family and Japanese

I wish her and child's health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
Kunaicho (Imperial Household Agency) announced this on their official website

文仁親王(秋篠宮)妃殿下に関しての宮内庁長官記者会見要旨
 文仁親王妃殿下には,本日,拝診の結果,ご懐妊の兆候がおありになるとのことであります。
 本日,このことについて,思いがけない形で報道がなされましたが,これは,妃殿下が,山階鳥類研究所の会議のために千葉県にお出まし中の文仁親王殿下に,拝診の結果をご報告になる時間さえない時点で行われたもので,妃殿下にお与えした動揺やご負担を考えると,極めて残念に思わざるを得ません。
 文仁親王殿下から天皇皇后両陛下,皇太子同妃両殿下に直接ご報告をなさったとうかがっておりますが,両陛下には,ここに久々に皇室が再びお小さい宮様をお迎えになることをお聞きになり,心よりお喜びのご様子でございました。

本日は,とりあえず,以上のことをお話しますが,後日,その時期が来れば,正式に発表いたします。それまでの間,文仁親王妃殿下が静かにお過ごしになれるよう,配慮されることが極めて大切であると思っております。 
平成18年2月7日:宮内庁

Can someone translate this for the royal forum members?
I translate brief. (I am sorry if mistaken in translation..)

1. princess kiko has "the symptom" of the pregnancy.
2. It was reported by the unexpected method, It is very regrettable if that considers the uneasiness and agitation which were given to her.
3. prince Akishino contacted directly to emperor, empress, crown prince and crown princess. Especially, the emperor and the empress seemed to be very pleased.
4. And, this news announces formally later (sometime during this month?, TV news said).
Old 02-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe we should stop to wishing them a girl? Bad fortune could bring a boy (I hope that he don't!)
Old 02-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Courtier

Congratulation for the couples
Just wondered if Crow prince and Crown princess themselves put their big hope that this time princess Akishino going to delivered a baby boy then Princess Masako will be free from presures to producing a male heir. I still hope the succession law change soon but it likely difficult to predict right now.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Royal Highness

It's really sad that a country can turn a normally happy event in a couple's lives into a political statement. From the way things go there, a boy would more likely to put pressure and shame on Masako. If it turns out to be a boy, any public rejoicing would be another confirmation how little that country values a woman and her daughter.

Tags
hisahito, kiko, pregnancy, prince hisahito, princess akishino, princess kiko