The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Japan's Princess Kiko expected to give birth around Sept. 6
.................The Imperial Household Agency has had a nurse in place at the royal couple's residence in Tokyo since the beginning of this month to attend to Princess Kiko, 39. It plans to begin renovating the residence to welcome a new baby and plans to boost the number of nurses there once the baby is born................
Princess Kiko has undergone medical checks every two weeks at the Imperial Household Hospital. A group of obstetricians led by Masao Nakabayashi, head of Aiiku Hospital in Minato Ward, is attending the princess...............
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060808/kyodo/d8jc5j3g0.html

Old 08-15-2006, 08:04 AM
Royal Highness

Japanese princess Kiko will admit the hospital today to prepare the birth of which third son will be his, originally waited for for the first week of September, according to today informed the official agency into the news Kiodo News. Nevertheless, the Imperial House rejected to carry out to comment out. The wife of 39 years of prince Akishino, second son of Akihito emperor, already is mother of two children, and its pregnancy has been followed with sense of expectancy before the rumors that it could give to light a man who would inherit the throne. The Japanese imperial family does not generate heir man from 1965 and the laws only allow that the men raise the throne. The older son of Akihito, prince Naruhito, has a daughter with his Masako wife..

The last year, prime minister, Junichiro Koizumi, spoke of a possible legal reform to allow that a woman can assume the imperial throne and solve therefore a possible crisis by the succession. Nevertheless, the subject was delayed before the third pregnancy of Kiko. The last month, the Imperial House recognized that Kiko showed symptoms of partial previous placenta, situation in which leaves from the placenta is placed very low in the uterus. The last week, the state television .
http://www.abc.es/20060815/gente-oci...608150955.html

Old 08-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Courtier

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/arti...S-HOSPITAL.xml

the same info but from Reuters. Princess Kiko is supposed to go to hospital tomorrow, the 16 august.

http://www.repubblica.it/2006/08/sez...nticipato.html
Information was also repeated by Corriere.it There's beautiful photo of Princess Kiko (made several months ago I suppose)
Old 08-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Gentry

La princesa Kiko
ingresa en el hospital para preparar el parto

La princesa Kiko ingresa en el hospital para preparar el nacimiento del que será su tercer hijo, originariamente esperado para septiembre, según ha informado la agencia Kiodo News. Si el bebé es un niño, como aseguran los medios de comunicación, será el primer varón nacido en la Familia Imperial y podría convertirse en el Heredero al Trono del Crisantemo.

Princess Kiko
goes into the hospital to prepare for childbirth

Princess Kiko goes into the hospital to prepare for birth of which will be her third child, originally waited for September, according to what news agency Kiodo News has informed. If the baby is a boy, as the media assures, he will be the first male born in the Imperial Family and could become the Heir to the Throne of the Chrisantemum.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Commoner

I guess all we can do is wait.

While I only wish for the baby to be healthy, a part of me can't help but hope the baby turns out to be a girl. Women deserve to be treated as equals.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyberiaWinx
I guess all we can do is wait.

While I only wish for the baby to be healthy, a part of me can't help but hope the baby turns out to be a girl. Women deserve to be treated as equals.
I agree with you SyberiaWinx, we all wish for healthy baby, but deep down we all would like a healthy baby GIRL!!! lol!!
Old 08-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Courtier

I would like princess Masako to have a baby boy, but that seems quite difficult, isnt it? I hope Kiko and her baby are doing well and everything will be all right for them when the birth happens, hopefully the baby is a girl so Aiko will be able to become an empress but who really knows if that would be good for her or not. I just dont think Kiko will go through a pregnancy if they were not trying for a boy.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Gentry

I think she will give birth very soon. I have been saying for the past few weeks that she will give birth once CP Masako and CP Naruhito are in the Netherlands. Maybe something I say will actually be right this time! Personally, I'm hoping for another girl, just to annoy the IHA!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am willing to wager anything on that it will be a boy. Doctors are perfectly capable of impregnating anyone with a sex of choice. She would have no reason to have another girl.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Kiko to enter hospital Wednesday before delivery
Princess Kiko, the wife of Prince Akishino, Emperor Akihito's second son, will enter a private hospital in Tokyo on Wednesday afternoon ahead of her expected delivery of her third child in early September, the Imperial Household Agency said Tuesday....................Princess Kiko, now 34 weeks into her pregnancy, is in stable condition, and the fetus is developing normally, the Imperial Household Agency's medical supervisor, Ichiro Kanazawa, told a press conference.

Kanazawa said the decision was made to prepare the princess for the delivery by Caesarean section and to guard against the sudden bleeding that often accompanies the complication she has. The princess, 39, has so far exhibited no sign of bleeding, and contractions of her womb remain within a reasonable range, he said......................A team of obstetricians led by Masao Nakabayashi, head of Aiiku Hospital in Tokyo's Minato Ward, has attended the princess and is preparing for transfusion, which may be necessary when performing a Caesarean section.
If bleeding occurs or contractions become frequent, medication will be administered to the princess by intravenous injection, Kanazawa said, adding that the date of delivery will be finalized after studying the mother's condition......................She had ultrasound checks and other kinds of checks every two weeks. But ever since she was diagnosed with partial placenta previa on July 12, she has stayed home most of the time.......................Before being admitted to the hospital on Wednesday, Princess Kiko will meet her daughter Princess Mako at their residence in Tokyo upon the young princess's return the same day from Vienna, Austria, where she was staying for summer holidays..........................
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060815/kyodo/d8jgpang0.html

Pregnant Princess Kiko to enter hospital today

Princess Kiko will be admitted to a Tokyo hospital today in preparation for the birth of her third child, a possible heir to the Chrysanthemum throne, the Imperial Household Agency said Tuesday. This marks the first time a member of the Imperial family is to be born at a private hospital........................The long hospital stay aims to avoid maternal hemorrhaging in the early stages of the birth and to ensure the princess is comfortable, the agency said........................
http://www.asahi.com/english/Herald-...608160147.html
Old 08-15-2006, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent

wow, let's expect for a girl!
I wanna see Aiko as Empress one day! (well, I don't think I'll live that long but you get my point )
Old 08-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I pray for a girl too
I love Aiko !
Old 08-16-2006, 01:28 AM
Commoner

i don't mean to be mean. . . but i also hoped for a girl too.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
I am willing to wager anything on that it will be a boy. Doctors are perfectly capable of impregnating anyone with a sex of choice. She would have no reason to have another girl.

I agree with you and the family may already know the sex of the child. But, why is she in the hospital if the baby isn't due until September? Is she having complications?

And, well, I guess I'll have to say what I want, too-----------GIRL!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Serene Highness

HRH Kimetha -- yes, she does have a medical concern: placenta previa. I do find it interesting that the IHA is releasing so much information to the press about her condition, though. I can't help wondering if they are trying to build sympathy for her prior to the delivery of this baby (IMO a boy) because they know many people do wish for Aiko to ascend the throne. Just my opinion -- any ideas from others?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
HRH Kimetha -- yes, she does have a medical concern: placenta previa. I do find it interesting that the IHA is releasing so much information to the press about her condition, though. I can't help wondering if they are trying to build sympathy for her prior to the delivery of this baby (IMO a boy) because they know many people do wish for Aiko to ascend the throne. Just my opinion -- any ideas from others?
The IHA also gave out a lot of information when Masako was pregnant with Aiko. ( Even now they release information such as Aiko will be absent from Kindergarten as she's got a sore throat, in medical terminology!) When Masako went into labour there was a photo of her entering the hospital in the grounds of the Imperial Palace. It seems that pregnancy and birth and the medical state of the Japanese royals is made quite public. ( The public also got a lot of detail of the Emperor's prostate cancer treatment)
Old 08-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Gentry

Expectant Kiko Is Taken To Hospital

EXPECTANT KIKO IS TAKEN TO HOSPITAL

16 AUGUST 2006

Princess Kiko of Japan was admitted to a Tokyo hospital on Wednesday in preparation for the eagerly-awaited birth of her third child expected next month. Traditionalists in the Asian country hope the 39-year-old royal - who is married to Akishino, Emperor Akihito's second son - will produce a male heir to the Chrysanthemum throne.

There's more to the article in:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../princesskiko/

(Hope I'm not breaking any rule, if I am, feel free to edit this, I already read the rules and everything but I can't seem to remember them all, sorry!)
Old 08-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

So now It won't take long until the new baby is born.
I hope for a girl, too!

Old 08-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

I don't mena to be mean either, but I hope for a healthy baby GIRL!!!
Aiko should be the next Empress!!!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I wish a safe delivery for Princess Kiko, hope the child, whether a boy (though I also love Princess Aiko very much) or a girl, will be healthy.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread

Tags
hisahito, kiko, pregnancy, prince hisahito, princess akishino, princess kiko