The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Commoner

Personally I feel if Kiko's baby is indeed a boy it would lift such an enormous burden off of Aiko. I would love for Japan to have an empress but I get the distinct impression that the Japanese law makers are very conservative and not exactly happy over the idea of a female ruler They would all prefer a boy. If Aiko were made heiress they would have to change so many rules, create new protocol, her education would be carefully structured, her love life would be difficult. I don't think she'd ever get a chance to lead a really full life. She's end up like the princess in Roman Holiday. I think if she were to become the next empress her life would be so stifled. I have been getting this vibe from Japan's royal family that everything is so carefulyl structured and planned out that it almost feels there is no room to breathe. It is so pressured. Japan's royal family is not like the British or Swedish royal family.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:13 AM
Nobility

all these proposals should really be sent to IHA! bleagh. but i think whats most impt is that kiko gives birth to a healthy baby... now that she is having complications & stuff.

but seriously... japan shld seriously consider changing the constitution. i mean you never know... kiko's future son might turn out to be childless ? and sparking another succession reform! so yeah...

Old 07-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
Why do you want especially a girl? I hope Kiko could give birth to a healthy newborn, whichever his/her sex would be! I should like to see Kiko happy and in good health herself.

Vanesa.:)
They're hoping for a girl for Princess Kiko understandably because a lot here want the adorable Princess Aiko to be the first female Emperor of Japan after 300 years..

Old 07-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Nobility

I found this link on Royal News & Views, apparently Princess Kiko is experiencing complications.

http://members4.boardhost.com/CronePrincess/

Scroll down to post "Princess Kiko has pregnancy complications", about 3/4 down the page

:(
Old 07-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Night Stalker
Personally I feel if Kiko's baby is indeed a boy it would lift such an enormous burden off of Aiko. I would love for Japan to have an empress but I get the distinct impression that the Japanese law makers are very conservative and not exactly happy over the idea of a female ruler They would all prefer a boy. If Aiko were made heiress they would have to change so many rules, create new protocol, her education would be carefully structured, her love life would be difficult. I don't think she'd ever get a chance to lead a really full life. She's end up like the princess in Roman Holiday. I think if she were to become the next empress her life would be so stifled. I have been getting this vibe from Japan's royal family that everything is so carefulyl structured and planned out that it almost feels there is no room to breathe. It is so pressured. Japan's royal family is not like the British or Swedish royal family.
I agree, but I would guess that the IHA could be quite 'liberal' if they wanted to be. I mean really, I think there has been speculation that this very pregnancy happened medically (IVF) and also I think some speculation that if the child would indeed be a boy, that it would have been because of some in vitro gender selection process. Again, I certainly do not know if any of that is true or not in any way, so I invite to be corrected. If those things would be true, that doesn't sound like the IHA is so conservative to me (at least in some instances).

I say let's just keep our fingers crossed for a healthy child, sound in both mind and body no matter what!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:15 AM
Royal Highness

This was the only recent link I could find a minute ago

Japan's Baby Heir May Be Delivered Prematurely
July 19, 2006 11:50 p.m. EST

and this one: 2,600 years of tradition rest on one woman’s pregnancy
Web posted at: 7/19/2006 9:39:36
Source ::: AFP
Old 07-25-2006, 01:06 AM
Courtier

Interesting that the headline speaks of a "baby heir" and not a "baby heiress". It's a boy...... Hope Princess Kiko and the baby both stay healthy until next month.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 07-25-2006, 01:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
Interesting that the headline speaks of a "baby heir" and not a "baby heiress". It's a boy...... Hope Princess Kiko and the baby both stay healthy until next month.
I echo your sentiments in both areas. Yes I think it probably is an heir, and yes I hope both mother and child continue to stay healthy.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:50 AM
Royal Highness

I wonder how Kiko feels right now. She may have to deal with the stress and uncertainty of an early birth. I feel like enough is already on her plate right now.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Hope the Princess health and also baby's health would be all right. Poor Kiko...It's a pity she must undergo all this.

Vanesa.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Japan weeklies predict princess to bear male heir

TOKYO - Japan’s royal baby isn’t due for weeks, but popular magazines, never shy about probing the secrets of the great and famous, have already decided that the imperial family is about to welcome its first male heir in over 40 years.
Speculation over whether Princess Kiko, 39, the wife of the emperor’s younger son, will give birth to a boy has simmered since an announcement in February that she was pregnant with her third child............................
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...n=theworld&col=

Photos from Reuters of Kiko from May 25, 2006
Old 07-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Gentry

Expectant Princess Kiko in stable condition: agency

(Kyodo) _ Princess Kiko, pregnant with a possible heir to Japan's imperial throne and who was diagnosed with a complication last week, is in stable condition, the Imperial Household Agency said Thursday.

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060727/kyodo/d8j49dao6.html
Old 07-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Majesty

Just my opinion...

It is my observation, but the Imperial Household Agency governs the Japanese Imperial family affairs entirely. This particular Agency seems to meddle too much into private affairs of Imperial family and poison them. I am fond of the Japanese culture (i.e., cuisine, literature, history, art). I am fascinated with the Japanese demeanor and striving for perfection, which has been developed through many centuries. However, this blind and somewhat stubborn desire to cling to traditions of having only a male heir is quite unreasonable and impolite.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

So Aiko won't be the heiress anymore?
Old 07-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

Totally agree with you Al_Bina.

This pregnancy seems orchestrated for some reason. And I cannot imagine how crown princess Masako, who gave up her stellar diplomat career only to languish in agony over the fact she could only give the Japanese a daughter, must now feel.

That royal family realy has some huge blind spots if you ask me. And sure sure, that is always blamed on the sycophants twirling around this family influencing everything, but come on, now, the emperor and his family are humans, right? They aren't a bunch of Toyota-designed drones, right? They should speak out and do something (to be fair, Masako's husband has tried). I sense a clear arrogance in this family that I don't sense in the royal families of Europe or Thailand.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I wonder how Kiko feels right now. She may have to deal with the stress and uncertainty of an early birth. I feel like enough is already on her plate right now.
I rather wonder how Masako must feel in all this. This is a huge insult to her, could nt be bigger, not in a so traditional royal household. Disgusting is what it is. Poor Masako, I wonder whether she will ever recover from her depression now that she is clearly given a head's up that she's failed the family and the nation. Again, I am quite disgusted. :(
Old 07-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear
These are the same people who do not even allow Masako to call her own parents.
..And here I was thinking that the nonsense surrounding that family went out the window at the end of world war 2, when the then-emperor publicly admitted he wasn't a god after all.
If I were Masako, I wouldn't stand being treated so inhumanely. Again, what kind of family would allow their members being treated like this? Japan should really get a clue regarding its royal family, this is getting ridiculous.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
I rather wonder how Masako must feel in all this. This is a huge insult to her, could nt be bigger, not in a so traditional royal household. Disgusting is what it is. Poor Masako, I wonder whether she will ever recover from her depression now that she is clearly given a head's up that she's failed the family and the nation. Again, I am quite disgusted. :(
Hello to everybody

Totally agree with you. Its a hapiness to have a baby and I hope that Princess Kiko and her baby will be OK, but this story is so disgusting for Princess Masako, but also for all women in Japan. It seems SOoooo that this pregnancy has been programmed, for the ONLY reason, to obtain a boy for this throne and ato throw Aiko away.
IMO, Masako, should have regretted millions of time to have give up to her carreer and have marry the Prince. I believe that he loves and supports her, but he is also "neutralised"

what a shame
Old 07-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_*
So Aiko won't be the heiress anymore?
Well, that's still to be decided technically. The future of Aiko rests on Kiko's unborn child. If the baby is a boy, which many people speculate, then there probably will not be a change and the baby boy will be the future Emperor of Japan. If the baby is a girl, well the IHA are either going to cook up a wacky plan or accept the fact that Aiko one day will be their Empress. I guess we'll have to see....
Old 07-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Courtier

It would serve them right now wouldn't it?? The whole thing is horrible. But then if Masako had not been subjected to the huge stress and I strongly suspect subtle but very brutal abuse of which the Japanese are such past masters she might well have given birth to more than one child, in fact two or three. In which case this senario would never have need developed. Nor would it cast a lurid glow on what should be a happy event. A princess of the Imperial Family is about to have her third child. the gender of the child would then not be such an issue. After all women have children all the time and most if not all of the time it is a happy event. A little kindness is much needed here, something one does not think of when one thinks of the robots in the IMperial Household Agency. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

Closed Thread

Tags
akishino, hisahito, kiko, pregnancy, prince akishino, prince fumihito, prince hisahito, princess akishino, princess kiko