The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
I don´t think Masako is able to have another baby. If so she would´ve had more children long ago. This might be the reason why her sister-in-law now "helps out" because Kiko can have children without medical problems. And as she turns only 40 in September she can easily have a fourth one if this one isn´t a boy.
I don't think Masako's going to have another baby either. Especially considering the rumored trouble she had in conceiving Aiko. I doubt Kiko is purposefully going to have another child after this one. No matter how far medicine advances, once a woman turns 30, certain risk factors go up. No matter the gender of this baby (personally I think it's a boy because of the way it all happened, but still hoping for a girl) I don't think Kiko will have another baby after this.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Japan pregnant princess may have complications
...........Kyodo said that Princess Kiko, 39, whose baby is due in late September, had symptoms of placenta previa, a complication in which the placenta becomes implanted at a location lower than normal in the uterus.............
http://www.boston.com/news/world/asi...complications/

Japan royal baby likely to be born early-official
.............Kyodo also said Princess Kiko would not immediately be hospitalized but would rest at home. It added that the baby was developing normally. "I think a Caesarean operation will be needed and there is a high possibility that the timing (of the birth) will be earlier than originally expected," the spokesman quoted a palace doctor as telling reporters.........................Placenta previa can be treated with bed rest for the mother, but if bleeding cannot be controlled, a Caesarean delivery is usually done regardless of the length of the pregnancy, medical experts said.
http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jh...=rss/worldNews

Princess Kiko has symptoms of placenta displacement
Princess Kiko, whose baby is due in late September at the earliest, has symptoms of placenta previa, a complication in which the placenta becomes implanted at a location lower than normal in the uterus, the Imperial Household Agency said Tuesday...................
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060718/kyodo/d8iu78ug1.html

From Sankei news
Princess Kiko last seen entering the Imperial Palace for a checkup at the Imperial Household Agency Hospital on July 12, 2006.

Old 07-18-2006, 04:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
Japan royal baby likely to be born early-official
.............Kyodo also said Princess Kiko would not immediately be hospitalized but would rest at home. It added that the baby was developing normally. "I think a Caesarean operation will be needed and there is a high possibility that the timing (of the birth) will be earlier than originally expected," the spokesman quoted a palace doctor as telling reporters.........................Placenta previa can be treated with bed rest for the mother, but if bleeding cannot be controlled, a Caesarean delivery is usually done regardless of the length of the pregnancy, medical experts said.
http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jh...=rss/worldNews
A quote from this article (Thank you for the link, Mandyy :)):
"Current law limits the imperial succession to males who are descended from an emperor through the paternal line, but experts have said it is difficult to maintain the system given that a system of royal concubines no longer exists."

I wonder what conservative politicians in Japan would prefer? Letting Aiko become next empress or accept illegitimate sons if only DNA-tests prove they are descended from an emperor via the male line?
Old 07-18-2006, 05:28 AM
Courtier

Even in Poland the subject regarding remote Japan is considered as interesting and today online newspaper onet.pl (sorry-only in polish) informed about princess's Kiko health problems. According to article the princess is supposed to have caesarean section in order to avoir other complication.

http://wiadomosci.onet.pl/1357542,12...,686,item.html
Old 07-18-2006, 05:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Japanese princess to have Caesarean section
.............Kiko -- who has two daughters aged 11 and 14 -- has been advised to rest and promised in a statement, "I will try to rest as much as possible."
Her husband Prince Akishino, the second son of Emperor Akihito, said he had "confidence in the doctors' team."
Kiko has not shown any signs of illness, although she has complained of minor fatigue, Kanazawa said, adding that the fetus was growing healthily..................
http://au.news.yahoo.com/060718/19/ztno.html
Old 07-18-2006, 09:23 AM

Poor Kiko. I hope that everything goes well for her and the baby.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

So do I.

Mind you, the cynic in me is saying that this is as good a way as any of concealing the actual due date. If she has a caesarean, we won't know how far along she actually was when the announcement was made and whether it was early enough for it to be known with certainty that she was carrying a boy.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

I agree, Elspeth. I think there is alot of press manipulation going on here. I will not be the least bit surprised if this baby is born while CPN and CPM are in the Netherlands. A C-section is a convenient way to get the baby "out" at an opportune time so the Crown Princely couple doesn't have to deal with the national glee over a boy. But I'm still hoping for a miracle -- a healthy little girl!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Only hypothetical questions: what if it will be a boy and will be born seriously ill or will fall ill after birth? I know that with today medicine it's not really possible , and the IHA had done everything that would never happen but never knows. What will happen and what with the succsession?
Old 07-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Courtier

The "boy" must be born save...

Maybe this talk about medical problems and caesarean are hints that a boy is on his way and is to be born the savest way possible.....
Old 07-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Only hypothetical questions: what if it will be a boy and will be born seriously ill or will fall ill after birth? I know that with today medicine it's not really possible , and the IHA had done everything that would never happen but never knows. What will happen and what with the succsession?
Good question. I assume that if serious problems had been detected at any time during the pregnancy, a "miscarriage" would have occurred. But if a boy is born and then has problems that are only detected after birth, who knows what would happen? The current emperor's grandfather, Emperor Taisho, is supposed to have been physically and mentally handicapped after a childhood infection (encephalitis or meningitis or something), but he still became emperor and his son became regent when the emperor was too far gone to even be a ruler in name only.

I wonder whether they're still in the same mentality that a damaged boy would be preferable to a healthy girl.

Course, I guess we're just assuming that this baby is going to be a boy. We could all just be being far too cynical and it could end up being another girl.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Kiko may require Caesarean section: agency
.....................The agency said Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko were surprised to learn of the princess's symptoms although the princess and her husband Prince Akishino, the emperor's younger son, took the news calmly. Prince Akishino was quoted as telling doctors, "I trust the medical team, so I sincerely hope you take good care of (my wife)," while Princess Kiko said she is aware of the importance of getting rest for the sake of her baby, according to the agency.............................
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060718/kyodo/d8iubl5g1.html

Kyodo news reported that the baby may be born in early or mid-September.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
I agree, Elspeth. I think there is alot of press manipulation going on here. I will not be the least bit surprised if this baby is born while CPN and CPM are in the Netherlands. A C-section is a convenient way to get the baby "out" at an opportune time so the Crown Princely couple doesn't have to deal with the national glee over a boy. But I'm still hoping for a miracle -- a healthy little girl!
Oh yes,let it be a girl!!If it was just to deliver a chronic headache to the IHA nuthouse...
Old 07-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Good question. I assume that if serious problems had been detected at any time during the pregnancy, a "miscarriage" would have occurred. But if a boy is born and then has problems that are only detected after birth, who knows what would happen? The current emperor's grandfather, Emperor Taisho, is supposed to have been physically and mentally handicapped after a childhood infection (encephalitis or meningitis or something), but he still became emperor and his son became regent when the emperor was too far gone to even be a ruler in name only.

I wonder whether they're still in the same mentality that a damaged boy would be preferable to a healthy girl.

Course, I guess we're just assuming that this baby is going to be a boy. We could all just be being far too cynical and it could end up being another girl.
that is a very good point, especially given the controversy surrounding everything. After all this that the IHA has done and what imo are the extreme measure they will go , I really do hope the baby will be healthy and beautiful, but a girl!:)
Old 07-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Only what we can do at the moment is still wait, have a hope, guess and see what will happen in the near fututre...
Old 07-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
I have a feeling there are many who are hoping for a girl!:)
Old 07-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Royal Highness

I hope Kiko doesn't have any more complications and the baby is delivered safely. I'm still suspicious about how this came about but there's nothing I can do about it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see....Japan might have a new Prince or Princess in just a matter of weeks!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Aristocracy

I can't wait for the new Princess to be born (I hope)
Old 07-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I love Aiko dearly and I would like to see Empress Aiko one day, but I am not hoping for a girl.
I hopw Princess Kiko will deliver a healthy child and there will be no further complications and that the baby will be welcomed by the Family/people, regardless of the gender.
And I must admit that a part of myself is hoping for a boy (the part that favours and understands the importance of tradiotions). And another part (that adores Aiko) is hoping that they would still go on with succession reforms.
Safe delivery and safe baby - that's what matter right now, at least for me.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-18-2006, 09:25 PM

The media seem to have focussed on the sex of the baby but lets spare a thought for Kiko who will be in quite a bad way at the moment. Whether boy or girl, it will be a very close run thing as to whether this baby is developed enough to survive, let alone be made an heir. I hate to be pessimistic but all this could have a rather sad ending so let's spare a quick prayer for Princess Kiko and her baby - whatever sex he or she is.

Tags
hisahito, kiko, pregnancy, prince hisahito, princess akishino, princess kiko