The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Prince Akishino, Princess Kiko and family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

the moter and baby leave the hospital today? here in argentina is 10:02 pm. in japan are 12 hours more........

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 09-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations!!!

Old 09-16-2006, 02:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Sept. 18th edition of AERA features the birth of the Imperial baby
image from http://opendoors.asahi.com/data/detail/7609.shtml
Old 09-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Gentry

Princess Kiko Photo gallery from Mainichi Daily

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/photos...esskiko/1.html
Old 09-20-2006, 02:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Main events scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 21

Prince Hisahito, first son of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko, to be registered in the imperial family registry.
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060920/kyodo/d8k8bse80.html

Stork breeding farm popularity surges after prince born
Thursday, September 21, 2006 at 07:13 EDT KOBE — A stork breeding farm in Toyooka, Hyogo Prefecture, has seen a rapid surge in popularity after the recent birth of Prince Hisahito, whose parents visited the farm about a year ago...........
http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/384880

A pony made with about 30 kilograms of solid gold is displayed at a jewellery shop in Tokyo September 21, 2006. The pony, valued at a market price of 150 million yen ($1.28 million), is made in celebration of the birth of Prince Hisahito, who was born last week to Princess Kiko and Prince Akishino.
#1:Photo from JIJI press
#2-3: Reuters

Prince Hisahito's name inscribed in imperial family registry
(Kyodo) _ Prince Hisahito, the newborn baby of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko and the first heir to the Japanese imperial throne born in 41 years, was registered Thursday in the imperial family registry, the Imperial Household Agency said.

The prince's name Hisahito, the names of his father and mother and the time, date and place of his birth as well as the day of his naming were recorded in the registry at the agency's Archives and Mausolea Department, located on the Imperial Palace grounds. Agency chief Shingo Haketa and Takechiyo Orikasa, the department head, signed the registry with brush and ink to complete the procedure. The department keeps the original, with a copy kept in the Justice Department.....
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060921/kyodo/d8k94qo01.html

Name of newborn Japan prince officially registered
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060921/...pan_royal_dc_1

#1: JIJI press
Old 09-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Stork breeding farm popularity surges after prince born
Thursday, September 21, 2006 at 07:13 EDT KOBE — A stork breeding farm in Toyooka, Hyogo Prefecture, has seen a rapid surge in popularity after the recent birth of Prince Hisahito, whose parents visited the farm about a year ago...........
http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/384880

Don't tell me they still think that's where babies come from?

Mind you, since the entire country seems to be under the impression that only men can pass on genetic traits, I suppose it wouldn't be too surprising if they thought that storks delivered the babies once the men had contributed all the genetic material and women had contributed nine months' free board and lodging.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Aristocracy

Can't remember if I posted my congratulations or not here...if not Congratulations again to the IRF!!! Can't wait to see pix of the baby as he gets older! Sure he'll be adorable!!
Old 09-22-2006, 07:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Don't tell me they still think that's where babies come from?
Mind you, since the entire country seems to be under the impression that only men can pass on genetic traits, I suppose it wouldn't be too surprising if they thought that storks delivered the babies once the men had contributed all the genetic material and women had contributed nine months' free board and lodging.
Hear, hear!!!

Not to mention the appalling abuse Crown Princess Masako has endured for "failing" to have a male child... don't they know anything about reproductive biology over there??
Old 09-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Serene Highness

The genetic traits and the family line is not the same thing. While both men and women can carry on genetic traits, only men can continue the family line. And I believe what happened to Masako will never happen again. I think that Hisahito's wife won't be treated that way. And if she only has a daughter, she will be empress one day.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

now i'm really confused. if it's not a matter of genetics, and the family name can (and has been) given to a prince consort the same way it is given to a princess consort, and women and men are equally capable to do the job, then I'm not sure how only a man is able to 'continue the family line'.

unless a 'family line' is actually a physical thing that is strapped onto someone for them to tow around and only a man would be able to handle the actual physical strain of it because of the very heavy weight, then how would a CPrincess be less able somehow than a CPrince to 'continue the family line'? it's an interesting topic that i'd like to understand better

i hope someone can explain that to me because i'm really lost

i also sincerely hope no one will ever be put through the things that dear Masako has been put through and hopefully this new baby boy will give her some breathing room.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna
The genetic traits and the family line is not the same thing. While both men and women can carry on genetic traits, only men can continue the family line. And I believe what happened to Masako will never happen again. I think that Hisahito's wife won't be treated that way. And if she only has a daughter, she will be empress one day.
Yes; I know what are you traying to said. But in this case, I can't follow you. The family line wouldn't be lost if a woman becomes an Empress (well..I think that the correct word is "Tenno"). When Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom herted the throne, and have children, the dinasty keeps its name. They still are Windsors! And when Maria-Theresia of Austria ruled her country as an Empress, the family line didn't stopped there. She was an Hasbsburg, and her sons still were the same...until the last Emperor of this House.

However I'm not an "anti- Prince Hisahito" and I'm not upset if he is Japan Tenno one day to come...And of course, I'm not angry for he is born, as many people here seems to be. I never enter in the "Princess Masako-Princess Kiko" rivalry ..Much less into the "Princess Aiko-Prince Hisahito" one.

Vanesa.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
When Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom herted the throne, and have children, the dinasty keeps its name. They still are Windsors!
Not exactly. Queen Victoria's Descendants belong to the house of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. George V changed the family name to Windsor to avoid anti-germanic sentiments. Even after Elizabeth II married Phillip Mountbatten, their "personal surnames" became Mountbatten Windsor.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:14 AM
Serene Highness

Excactly! A queen's children don't belong to her dynasty, but to their father's dynasty.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by foiegrass
Not exactly. Queen Victoria's Descendants belong to the house of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. George V changed the family name to Windsor to avoid anti-germanic sentiments. Even after Elizabeth II married Phillip Mountbatten, their "personal surnames" became Mountbatten Windsor.
Well, yes, of course. I was only making my explanation more "short". But the idea remains. The dinasty name didn't change for Queen Victoria was a woman, but for cause of the War and the anti-German feelings.

Vanesa.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Well, yes, of course. I was only making my explanation more "short". But the idea remains. The dinasty name didn't change for Queen Victoria was a woman, but for cause of the War and the anti-German feelings.

Vanesa.
THE DYNASTY NAME CHANGED after she married Prince Albert. and i am pretty sure that charles will change their family name to mountbatten-windsor after his mother passes on.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page13.asp
The Stuarts, The Hanoverians, THE SAXE COBURG GOTHA, the Windsors.

"The House of Windsor came into being in 1917, when the name was adopted as the British Royal Family's official name by a proclamation of King George V, replacing the historic name of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. It remains the family name of the current Royal Family. "
Old 09-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Serene Highness

Is it because the Japanese culture supports the idea that women leave their families and join their husbands families after marriage that women cannot carry on the family line?

Because lets be real about this. If Prince Hisahito inherits the throne, you have to assume that the baby that his wife gives birth to is his. But who can say for sure other than the mother? She may very well have had a fling with the royal stable manager. If Aiko has a baby as Empress, at least we know that the baby is of imperial blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna
Old 09-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Vanesa.
No... Victoria was of the Hannover dynasty, since her great great great grandfather George I was an elector of Hannover before he became the king of England. But Victoria's children were never of the Hannover dynasty. They belonged to the Sachsen-Gotha dynasty, just like their father prince consort Albert.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:20 AM

Maria Theresia

Her son was Habsburg-Lothringen.
Descendant's formal family name is it now.

Is Crown Prince of Japan more popular than Prince Akishino, in foreign countries??
Um..
Old 10-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyy
New prince not end to succession crisis--Japan palace chief
Japan's imperial palace chief has warned that last week's birth of the first male heir to the Chrysanthemum Throne in four decades still does not resolve
the imperial family's looming succession crisis, an official said Wednesday....Imperial Household Agency Grand Steward Shingo Haketa said the royal family's future is still shaky.
"Even though the prince is born, that does not take away the problem over the stability of imperial succession," he was quoted as saying by Imperial Household Agency spokesman Yasuo Moriyama on Wednesday....
http://newsinfo.inq7.net/breakingnew...ticle_id=20738
Oh dear...after all this drama...time will tell.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Vanesa.
Actually there was a name Change to Victoria's dynasty. Victoria was of the House of Hanover. Her husband was of the house of Saxe Coburg & Gotha. So the dynasty's name did change because Vicotria was a woman.

As for Maria Theresa, I don't know for sure but its possible her dynasty name didn't change her name, I read somewhere, after her husband's dad died, he was adopted by Maria Theresa's father with the understanding that he'd be his future son in law. Who knows.

Tags
akishino, hisahito, kiko, prince akishino, prince fumihito, prince hisahito, princess akishino, princess kiko