Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko Current Events Part 2: November 2006 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Akishino indeed looks serious, almost as if he was unhappy or frustrated in some pictures.
Princess Kiko is lovely!

Prince Akishino looks terribly serious, while Princess Kiko seems always relaxed and smiling...

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko of Japan pass by the Romanian Honour Guard during a ceremony at the Unknown Hero Memorial in Bucharest, 20 May 2009. Prince Akishino, the second son of Japanese Emperor Akihito and Princess Kiko, is on three-day visit in Romania.
ANP Beeldbank

Prince Akishino of Japan and Princess Kiko enter the National Village Museum in Bucharest on May 20, 2009. Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko are on a four day visit to Romania.
ANP Beeldbank

Prince Akishino of Japan tastes traditionally Romanian bread as Princess Kiko looks on as they enter the National Village Museum in Bucharest on May 20, 2009. Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko are on a four day visit to Romania.
ANP Beeldbank

Prince Akishino of Japan blows a panpipe as Princess Kiko looks on at the National Village Museum in Bucharest, May 20, 2009. Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko are on a four days visit to Romania.
ANP Beeldbank

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko of Japan are welcomed by Romanian President Traian Basescu and his wife Maria Basescu at the Cotroceni Palace, the Romanian Presidency headquarters in Buchareston May 20, 2009. Prince and Princess Akishino of Japan are on a four day visit to Romania.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Japan's Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko are seen meeting with a child at International Petoe Institute in Budapest, Hungary, 19 May 2009, on the last day of Akishino's four-day visit to Hungary. Prince Akishino, the second son of Japanese Emperor Akihito, and his wife Princess Kiko, are on a two-week tour of Europe.
ANP Beeldbank

Thanks a lot for posting the pictures!

In spite of the rigid protocol, they could find a moment for fun, as seen in the panpipe pic.

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko of Japan are welcomed by Romanian President Traian Basescu and his wife Maria Basescu at the Cotroceni Palace

video
Prinţul a fost primit de preşedintele Traian Băsescu, la Palatul Cotroceni | Realitatea .NET

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko of Japan visit the National Village Museum in Bucharest

PRINTUL AKISHINO SI PRINTESA KIKO - MUZEUL SATULUI

They plant a japanese cherry tree.

Princess Kiko is very proud of her work....

Photo from Reuters Pictures - News, photos, topics, and quotes

Another set of beautiful photos :
AGERPRES FOTO

Prince and Princess visits the University of Bucharest - Department of Oriental Languages and Literatures (Japanese Language and Literature)

AGERPRES FOTO

Prince and Princess meet Mrs. Roberta Anastase - Speaker of the Chamber of Deputies of Romanian Parliament

AGERPRES FOTO

Prince and Princess meet Mr. Mircea Geoana - Speaker of the Senat of Romanian Parliament

AGERPRES FOTO

President Basescu praises Japanese assistance during Romania's transition :

President Basescu praises Japanese assistance during Romania's transition

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko had a nice trip to Europe. It appears to me that Prince Akishino is more comfortable undertaking engagements in accordance with protocol rules and less comfortable doing something non-protocol such as blowing a panpipe. Princess Kiko's deportment is that of a true Japanese lady. :wub::wub::wub: At the same time, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko displayed genuine warmth toward a child they met at International Petoe Institute in Budapest, Hungary.

Backdropped by a view of the river Danube and the building of the Hungarian Parliament, President of Hungary Laszlo Solyom chats with Japan's Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko on the balcony of Alexander Presidential Palace in Budapest, Hungary, on 18 May 2009. Prince Akishino, the second son of Japanese Emperor Akihito, and his wife Princess Kiko, are on a two-week tour of Europe.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Hungary's Prime Minister Gordon Bajnai offers seats to Japan's Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko at the start of their meeting in the Hungarian Parliament in Budapest, Hungary, 18 May 2009, the third day Akishino's four-day visit to Hungary. Prince Akishino, the second son of Japanese Emperor Akishino, and his wife Princess Kiko, are on a two-week tour of Europe.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Staying on a four-day visit in Hungary, Prince Akishino of Japan takes snapshots as his wife, Princess Kiko looks on while they admire the view from the citadel of the Castle of Visegrad, some 50 km north of Budapest 18 May 2009.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Romania welcomes Akishino and Kiko
News Summary Royalblog.nl: Akishino and Kiko play with young children

Some photos from the visit:
Japan

Princess Kiko is so graceful in a pale green kimono, which soft pastel colours mark spring.

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko had a nice trip to Europe. It appears to me that Prince Akishino is more comfortable undertaking engagements in accordance with protocol rules and less comfortable doing something non-protocol such as blowing a panpipe. Princess Kiko's deportment is that of a true Japanese lady. :wub::wub::wub: At the same time, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko displayed genuine warmth toward a child they met at International Petoe Institute in Budapest, Hungary.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Totally in agreement with you ! Akishino is a little bit more protocolarian.

Prince and Princess visit a sheephold in Carpati mountains
video
Luaţi prin surprindere, ciobanii au pus repede pe masă ce-au găsit mai bun. | Realitatea .NET

Prince and Princess visit 'Cezar Nicolau' College (agricultural), Ilfov, Branesti, Romania
AGERPRES FOTO

Printul Akishino si printesa Kiko visit to the National Museum of Romanian Village 'Dimitrie Gusti', Bucuresti

AGERPRES FOTO

Japan's Prince Akishino visits the Romanian Institute for Apiculture Research, in Bucharest, Romania, Friday

AGERPRES FOTO

PhD in Biology, Prince Akishino of Japan wanted to see how Romania stand on research chapter (agricultural field). Together with Princess Kiko went to Bransti where the local school director told them, "Welcome!" in Japanese language. I understand that Japanese Government donated 54.000 $ for these college.
In the afternoon , the prince and princess arrived at the Institute for Research - Development for Beekeeping in Bucharest .After they tested romanian honey, they have listened carefully to host.

Finally they received as a souvenir Romania's emblem, done in pure bee wax.

video
Printul Akishino al Japonei si sotia sa au degustat mierea romaneasca - Stirileprotv.ro

Prince Akishino of Japan and Princess Kiko receive the Romania heraldic insignia made from bee wax at the Romanian Institute for Apiculture Reserch in Bucharest on May 22, 2009. Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko are on a four days visit to Romania.
ANP Beeldbank

I know I'm late, but since I have time to do it, I wish to make my comment. :D I do like Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko work representating Japan abroad. They look very happy together, and enjoying their "imperial job" . I don't find Prince Akishino too serious or worried. Some of the pics are formal, and they looks formal, but that's all. Every time that Prince Akishino can show a wide smile in his face, he smiles. And Princess Kiko is lovely.Vanesa.

Having seen pictures of the recent journey I was happily surprised that among the pictures
there were also ones that revealed they indeed (or nearly) had an eye contact with each other.
Or that prince Akishino was looking warmly at his wife.:)
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/87...05EF07E24E8D6E06561DAF52F8E88284831B75F48EF45

Almost an eye contact?

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/87...05EF07E24E8D6B24DD9D989F4E92C284831B75F48EF45
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/87...05EF07E24E8D6C55E926426089C88284831B75F48EF45

Those photos could chow a more relaxed Akishino couple indeed; it would be very very interesting to follow their public duties in order to see is all we have thought in the post "Has princess Kiko been badly treated?" (here in this same sub-forum) is true, false or if the couple's life is actually getting better... we might have a confirmation right ahead !

I don't really see the eye contact, but they definitely look like they enjoyed this trip. :)

Prince and Princess Akishino will officially visit The Netherlands from august 21st till the 26th,on occasion of 400 years trade relations between The Netherlands and Japan.

TRH Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien will accompany the couple to various functions.

I don't usually reply but this seems to be a direct insult, in my opinion, against the crwon princely couple.. We have seen TRH Akishino and Kiko taking trips to Roumania and now they are going to the Netherlands. It doesn't seem right that they should be representing JApan. I know that CP Masako is not as well. But she has been to the Netherlands in a private capacity. It just seems that the crown princely couple should have gone to Holland.

I understand your feelings: It is not easy to see this, because the CP couple is far more charismatic and have a higher rank. We agree on that. However, it is common that members of the japanese Imperial family -not only the emperors or CP couple- make these trips in representation, not fo Japan -they cannot sign anything compromising the country- but of the Imperial Family itself: in the last two moths, relatives of Emperor Akihito were visiting Bolivia for celebrating an anniversary of relations between both countries.

I understand your feelings: It is not easy to see this, because the CP couple is far more charismatic and have a higher rank. We agree on that. However, it is common that members of the japanese Imperial family -not only the emperors or CP couple- make these trips in representation, not fo Japan -they cannot sign anything compromising the country- but of the Imperial Family itself: in the last two moths, relatives of Emperor Akihito were visiting Bolivia for celebrating an anniversary of relations between both countries.

Akishino is but a backstabbing little bro.He publicly critisizes his elder brother,certainly with the consent of that develish IHA.And,he already has more then an attitude since he believes his son will be Emperor after his brother.By sending this {edited - Elspeth} abroad from time to time the IHA emphasizes where their sympathies are,or at least were their machinations are readily and happily accepted.Nada mas.

:previous: Wow Lucien, tell us what you really think. :lol: And why oh why can't Akishino get his hair cut already. He looks like a moptop.

Well, I agree that Akishino needs a hair cut urgently LOL LOL ; but it may mean to me that, anyway, IHA may be using this traditional element to disturb... this guys are very very tough

Thank you for replying Marquesa. I just think it is a shame that the IHA denies the CP couple a chance to travel. I understand what you are saying. I think that a change of scene might be beneficial for Masako and that she could make real progress is she is made to feel that she is making a difference. That is what she married into the royakl house for: to represent it. The heir has been born. Now celebrate the CP couple who are rightfully the next Emperor and Empress of Japan!

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko do a wonderful job representing Japan.
Crown Princess Masako's public appearance have increased. However, it is impossible for us to determine what exactly keeps the IHA from arranging engagements abroad for the Crown Princely couple. Furthermore, it would have been nice for Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako to visit the Netherlands and spend some time with their close acquaintances such as Crown Prince Willem Alexander and Crown Princess Maxima.

I think the simple answer is that Crown Princess Masako needs to increase her public duties and appareances in Japan first before the IHA send her off on tours abroad. Japan has seen their Crown Princess on very few occassions in recent years and by slowly increasing her duties at home, she can develop more confidence and be more at ease with her duties, and the people of Japan can reacquaint themselves with their Crown Princess. At the same time, Japan does need to be represented abroad and it may not be wise to keep sending Crown Prince Naruhito on his own - it draws too much attention to the absence of his wife and in any event he may wish to be at her side instead of constantly being away all the time. Accordingly, the IHA have sent Akishino and Kiko abroad more as a compromise to the whole situation. I am sure that given time, trips abroad will be made by the Crown Princely couple together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom