Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko Current Events Part 2: November 2006 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How a sweet little cutie pie he is! But all the Japanese Imperial children are really beatiful. :wub:

Vanesa.

Prince Akishino and his wife Princess Kiko walk with their son, Prince Hisahito, on the Hayama beach as they spend their holidays at the imperial retreat of Hayama
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

Royalblog has an article with some pictures about the holiday at the Imperial Villa in Hayama:

Prince Hisahito enjoys a break in Hayama

Little Prince Hisahito of Japan is enjoying a holiday at the Imperial Villa in Hayama, a resort some 50 kilometres south of Tokyo, at the entrance of the Miura Peninsula.

The Villa, one of four the Imperial family uses across Japan, provides a place of rest and recuperation for the royals. Hayama is surrounded by the sea and the mountains where nature is rich. It is a place of scenic beauty and warm climate

Read the entire article here.

What nice words found Prince Akishino in the interview, very delicate.

After this article I want ask where is this rivalry or hate between brothers? It looks that both cprincely and princely families have good relationships about which we doesn't know.

As far as we know, there is no an open feud between Princes. At the same time, I doubt they have cloudless relationship. Let us not forget about the key concept of Japanese culture: preserving harmony and face.

Here is another article on the birthday press conference giving a detail of it that shows that it is still not all harmony in the imperial family:

Japan News and Forum - Prince Akishino turns 43, expresses joy for his son's growth

"Prince Akishino also touched on a comment made earlier this year by Imperial Household Agency chief Shingo Haketa on the crown prince.
In late February, Haketa said Crown Prince Naruhito's visits to Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko had not increased despite the crown prince's previous comment that he would arrange more opportunities to meet them at the Imperial Palace. Emperor Akihito has displayed disappointment over having few opportunities to meet the crown prince's family.
''I understand what the agency chief intended to say was that he hopes that the crown prince respects what he had said before,'' Prince Akishino said. ''I believe we, including myself, have to keep in mind that the words we ourselves uttered must be cherished.'' "

IMO, by this sentence, prince Akishino seems to publicly admonish his brother to be true to his word – which includes his hinting at the fact that this is at all necessary which means that, in his opinion, Naruhito has not been as good as his word in the past.
Be that as it may, we also see in the fact that the younger brother is telling the elder what to do (which disagrees with Confucian rules, no matter what the elder brother may have done) that, in Akishino´s eyes, Naruhito has definitely lost his superior position as the elder since not he, but Akishino is the father of the heir.

Pics 27.1.2009

Prince Akishino and his wife Princess Kiko walk to their
seats to see a movie in Tokyo, 27 January 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 29.1.2009

Japanese Prince Akishino, Emperor's second son and Bulgarian President
Georgi Parvanov, accompanied by their wives Princess Kiko and Zorka
Parvanova cut the ribbon during the opening of the Thracian civilization
exhibition, Bulgaria's ancient culture at a Tokyo hotel on January 29,
2009.Parvanov is here for a five-day visit.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I really enjoy watching this branch of the family interacting with each other. And a little personal ethnic pride in the Bulgarian pictures just posted ...

Why all the dark clothes? It looks like there's some kind of official mourning going on.:ermm:

Japanese Prince Akishino, Emperor's second son and Bulgarian President
Georgi Parvanov, accompanied by their wives Princess Kiko and Zorka
Parvanova cut the ribbon during the opening of the Thracian civilization
exhibition, Bulgaria's ancient culture at a Tokyo hotel on January 29,
2009.Parvanov is here for a five-day visit.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Mermaid -- that is strange. I have no idea, as the exhibit was in Japan, as the Thracian treasures have been traveling the world ...

On a side note, Japan and Bulgaria have very good relations as many Japanese have been buying retirement homes in Bulgaria. Here are some links to articles in English about the visit:

Features - Japanese Prince to Open A Museum of Thracian Culture in Bulgaria - Standart

Bulgaria Japan's Prince Akishino Opens Thracian Treasures Exhibit in Tokyo: Japan's Prince Akishino, Bulgaria President Open Thracian Treasures Exhibit

This new museum that Japan is helping build is 10 miles away from my ancestral village.

The Japanese are known to make a lot of the fact that they have four distinct seasons. So it comes as no surprise that appreciation of seasons is instilled from an early age. The sensitivity toward seasonal changes tends to govern mundane details of everyday life such as food and clothing. Thus, dark colours may be viewed as appropriate during winter.

The Japanese are known to make a lot of the fact that they have four distinct seasons. So it comes as no surprise that appreciation of seasons is instilled from an early age. The sensitivity toward seasonal changes tends to govern mundane details of everyday life such as food and clothing. Thus, dark colours may be viewed as appropriate during winter.

Isn't it true, Al_bina, that there are four different kimono colours used throughout the year to reflect the different seasons - yellows, greens, pinks and blues or something like that?!

You are quite right noting that women do have season -appropriate kimonos.
Whatever the occasion-the first shrine visit of the new year, stopping in to see an older person, or what have you--Japanese people always keep the season in mind when deciding which kimono to wear. Pale colors such as light green are appropriate for spring, while cool colors such as lavender or dark blue or are good for summer. Autumn calls for colors that imitate the hues of the turning leaves, and winter is the season for strong colors like black and red.[my bolding]
Reference:All About Kimono

I see. That's good to know; thank you, Albina.:flowers:

Prince and Princess Akishino visit the Danube States (11-23 May 2009)

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko are undertaking a visit to Austria, Bulgaria, Hungary, and Romania to mark "Japan-Danube Friendship Year 2009." From 11 to 13 May they are visiting Austria, where Princess Kiko spent part of her youth and where their elder daughter, Princess Mako, vacationed a couple of years ago. This visit is intended to mark the 140th year of bilateral relations between the two countries.

AFP: Japan's Prince Akishino meets Austria's president
Princess brings Japanese tradition to ancient Austrian abbey |Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

They are also marking the 140th year of bilateral relations with Hungary during the 16-18 May visit.

http://www.caboodle.hu/nc/news/news_archive/single_page/article/11/japanese_roy/?cHash=9b634bf600

The visit to Bulgaria (13-16 May), at the invitation of President Parvanov, marks the 50th anniversary of the restoration of diplomatic relations between the two countries after World War II.

News.bg - Prince and princess Akishino on official visit to Bulgaria

On 18-22 May the couple visit Romania at the invitation of President Basescu, also to mark the 50th anniversary of the restoration of diplomatic relations between Japan and Romania.

Prince akishino and princess kiko to come to romania

The couple will make a stopover in Paris before returning to Japan.

Last edited:
Prince and Princess Akishino do an impeccable job representing Japan abroad. Prince Akishino tends to look very serious on photos even when he produces a formal smile. It is always a pleasure to see Princess Kiko or any other royal lady wearing a traditional kimono.

Prince and Princess Akishino do an impeccable job representing Japan abroad. Prince Akishino tends to look very serious on photos even when he produces a formal smile. It is always a pleasure to see Princess Kiko or any other royal lady wearing a traditional kimono.

I agree with Al_bina - Prince Akishino does seem to be a serious and formal man. I do like Princess Kiko very much because she has a very sweet smile. They both look impeccable. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom