Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko Current Events Part 2: November 2006 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How cute the little prince visiting a zoo!! and how tall he is!!! He reminds me a lot of his father.

Joining the above opinions, I have to say that Prince Hisahito is an adorable little boy. It is great to see Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko participating in various activities with their son.

Thanks for sharing the video!
It is nice to see Prince Akishino and his family. Princess Mako and Princess Kako are all grown-up. Princess Kiko looked impeccable. At the same time, I could not help noticing that Prince Hisahito is the main focus of the video.

It is a pity we can't enlarge the pix which are very small !

Japan's Prince Akishino (2nd L), his wife Princess Kiko (R) and their children Princess Mako (L), Princess Kako (C) and Prince Hisahito stroll through the Akasaka Imperial Precincts in Tokyo November 8, 2009 in this photo released by the Imperial Household Agency of Japan. A smaller imperial family would be less of a burden on Japan's finances, said the prince who stands second in line to the Chrysanthemum Throne. Akishino's comments, made in a news conference to mark his 44th birthday on November 30, 2009, came as Japan's deeply indebted government struggles to cut back on record budget requests of 95 trillion yen ($1,097 billion) while trying to avert a slide back into recession. To match Reuters Life! JAPAN-PRINCE/BUDGET.

Photo from Reuters Pictures - To match Reuters Life! JAPAN-PRINCE/BUDGET News, photos, topics, and quotes

Photo from Reuters Pictures - To match Reuters Life! JAPAN-PRINCE/BUDGET News, photos, topics, and quotes

Give royal family say in its role: Akishino

Prince Akishino, ahead of his 44th birthday on Monday, said Imperial Familymembers should be involved in the debate over the ideal future role of Japan's royalty.
"I think it might be necessary to have the process of listening to the opinions of the Crown Prince and other parties concerned," Prince Akishino, second in line to the Chrysanthemum Throne after Crown Prince Naruhito,
spacer.gif
said at a news conference last Wednesday that was embargoed until Monday.
Give royal family say in its role: Akishino | The Japan Times Online

HIH Prince Akisino and his daughter HIH Princess Akishino-no-miya Mako will depart Narita airport on March 23rd and visit Laos.
HIH the Prince had to cancel his private visit to Thailand due to the red shirts' protests in Bangkok.
The Prince had been scheduled to leave Japan on Wednesday and stay in Thailand until March 23rd and then join up with his 18-year-old daughter, Princess Mako, to visit Laos until March 28th.
Kyodo News
The Nation

Prince Akishino, the second son of Emperor Akihito, and his daughter Princess Mako left Narita airport Tuesday for a private trip to Laos via Bangkok.
Kyodo - March 23rd 2010

The Prince Akishino and the Princess Mako departure from Narita airport for the research trip to Laos.
Short video from Fuji News Network

HIH the Prince will 'continue research on the relationship between humans and wild chickens,' presumably in connection with the spread of diseases such as avian influenza.
An article in Monsters and Critics

Japan's Prince Akishino and his daughter Princess Mako on Wednesday kicked off a private four-day visit to communist Laos that this year marked the 55th anniversary of diplomatic relations with Japan.
According to the Lao Foreign Ministry, Akishino was scheduled to pay a courtesy call on Lao President Choummaly Sayasone at the Horkham Presidential Palace in Vientiane Wednesday to receive an Honorary Medal of the Lao People's Democratic Republic.
On Thursday, the prince is to leave for Luang Namtha province to further his private research on the relationship between humans and wild chickens, presumably in connection with the spread of diseases such as avian influenza.
He is scheduled to depart Saturday.
Earth Times

I wonder if princess Mako would be seen more in official duties now that she is 18. Would be nice.

I find it interesting that Akishino took his daughter on this trip. Maybe they are starting to introduce her to public life. I think it's a nice thing if they are. The more family members that can help with public duties the better.

I believe that both Princess Mako and Princess Kako have been undertaking some official engagements alongside their parents. They are not highly publicised.

Oh I see. Thanks. I think it's good they are doing this. Maybe when they become adults they will start to do engagements on their own.

I wonder if princess Mako would be seen more in official duties now that she is 18. Would be nice.

I guess she will. Just like former Princess Sayako did, or Takamado Princesses. As you can see in this picture, http://www.yuko2ch.net/mako/mako/src/1269499103243.jpg,
she's included in an official picture, obviously she immediately started to be treated like an adult. Adult royal member to be precise.

BTW I wonder whether Kako will get a chance to go homestay abroad like her sister.:ermm:

Princess Kiko at the charity fair of the Asia-Pacific Ladies Friendship Society

HIH the Princess Akishino was a special guest at the charity fair hosted by the Vietnamese embassy in Tokyo on April 14th.
The fair, an annual event to raise relief funds for natural disaster victims throughout the world, drew the participation of 23 other embassies of Asia-Pacific countries and the host Japan.- VietNam.net

Princess Kiko's grandmother died

Princess Kiko's maternal grandmother Sakaeko Sugimoto died of kidney failure at a hospital early Sunday, the Imperial Household Agency said Monday. She was 94. - Kyodo News

The princess will take 30 days of mourning.

Last edited:
'Cicak' attracts Princess Akishino at bazaar

Princess Akishino, the wife of Japanese Emperor Akihito's second son, opened the event at the ANA Intercontinental Tokyo hotel May 16th 2010.
The wives of Indonesian diplomats said they were honored by the first-ever visit of Princess Akishino to the event.
Princess Kiko, as she is called affectionately, had asked specifically about one item sold at the bazaar, a palm-sized wooden cicak (gecko lizard) adorned with batik motifs. After the background of the object was described, the princess, unexpectedly, told her staff to buy it. - The Jakarta Post

HIH the Princess Akishino Mako will study English in Dublin between July 4 and Aug. 15 2010.
The princess will make a private visit to the Irish capital to attend University College Dublin as part of ICU's English education program. - Kyodo

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko present flowers in commemoration of
atomic bomb victims at the ground zero monument in Nagasaki Peace
Park in Nagasaki, southwestern Japan, on July 21, 2010.

** Pic ** belga **

That's wonderful from them. THis tragedy must not be forgotten by the humanity.

Every day I like more and more Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko.:)

Vanesa.

TIH the Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko inaugurated the book fair in Tokyo on July 22nd 2010. They enjoyed an exibition of the children books a lot.
*Pic 1* *Pic 2* - Kyodo

A picture of Higher Education Minister Khaled Al-Anqari receiving Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko at the Saudi pavilion at the international book exhibition in Tokyo on July 9th 2010 as Ambassador Abdul Aziz Turkistani, center, looks on. (SPA)
*Picture*

42nd International Chemistry Olympiad was held at Waseda University and University of Tokyo on July 19-28 2010.
TIH the Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko were present at the opening ceremony. The theme of the Olympiad was "Chemistry: the key to our future." 267 participants from 68 countries took part in the competition. - Full article

Prince Akishino, Princess Kiko and Prince Hisahito while visiting an animal
exhibition at the National Museum of Nature and Science in Tokyo on
Aug. 17, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Prince Akishino looks younger to me - his hair is less grey than I remember.

It is nice to see Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko with Prince Hisahito visiting the museum. Prince Hisahito had great time discovering new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom