The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Imperial Family of Japan > Prince Akishino, Princess Kiko and family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

On November 7 Prince Akishino, Princess Kiko and Prince Hisahito visited the mausoleum of Emperor Kanmu in Kashihara, Nara

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

and today, November 8, they made a visit to the Nara park in Nara:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Old 11-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

On November 7 Prince Akishino, Princess Kiko and Prince Hisahito visited the mausoleum of Emperor Kanmu in Kashihara, Nara

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

and today, November 8, they made a visit to the Nara park in Nara:

Thank you so much, pix of this little cutie are so rare !!!!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
So far, I thought that Emperor Kanmus mausoleum is near Kyoto. I was not aware that there is a Shinto shrine dedicated to Emperor Kanmu in Nara. While I am certainly no expert regarding Shinto shrines (nor regarding geography), I could not get any info about any such shrine via Google, even if I tried really hard. There is one Kashihara Shrine in Nara Prefecture, but it is dedicated to Japan's first emperor, Emperor Jimmu, as far as I am informed.

Also this Google translation of an Asahi article speaks about the Akishinos „worshiping“ Emperor Jimmu. I would never totally rely on a Google translation for correct information, but I am still asking myself if Getty could have gotten anything wrong there?

(I have seen that Gettyimages says: „KASHIHARA, JAPAN - NOVEMBER 07: Japanese Prince Akishino, Princess Kiko and their son Prince Hisahito, on their way back from their visit to mausoleum of Emperor Kanmu on November 7, 2012 in Kashihara, Nara, Japan.“, and so I suppose that is where you got the info from, Iceflower. )

If anybody has any ideas regarding this matter, Id very much like to hear them.

A few more pics from the park visit

(Following recent incidents, I would like to refer anybody who may think the emperors statement obvious or redundant to this thread, post #682.)
Old 11-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

It seems that Getty indeed made a mistake. This blog also talks of a visit to the mausoleum of Emperor Jimmu.

(Following recent incidents, I would like to refer anybody who may think the emperors statement obvious or redundant to this thread, post #682.)
Old 11-30-2012, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you for the additional research and information, ChiaraC!

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko have given a press conference on November 22 ahead of Prince Akishino's 47th birthday today, November 30, 2012. A family pic with Prince Hisahito and Princess Kako taken on November 11 was also released today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** ajw.asahi.com: Prince Fumihito turns 47, hoping to reduce emperor's workload **
Old 11-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

You are very welcome, Iceflower! Thank you for mentioning it.

Two more press conference pics: 1 ** 2

Four more family pics with Prince Hisahito and Princess Kako: 1 ** 2 ** 3 ** 4

Video stills

Old 12-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko visited the 'Masterworks from the Collections of the Prince of Liechtenstein' exhibition at the National Art Center in Tokyo on December 4, 2012. It's the exhibition Crown Prince Naruhito and Prince Alois of Liechtenstein had opened on October 2nd.

** Pic **
Old 02-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Akishino arrived at Phnom Penh International Airport yesterday evening to attend the royal cremation ceremony of the Late King-Father Samdech Preah Norodom Sihanouk.

** February 3, 2013 **

Today, February 4, he attended the cremation ceremony and attended a meeting with Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen at the Prime Minister's office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 03-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko together with Prince Hisahito and Princess Kako visited the Ise Grand Shire in Ise in the Mie prefecture on March 25, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Prince Akishino visits Ise Grand Shrines **

Old 05-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko have made a visit to Fukushima prefecture on May 9, 2013, here are some pics of them at the temporary school of Iitate Junior High School and the Fukushima Agricultural Technology Centre:

Old 06-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko departed from Narita airport today, June 19, for an official visit to Croatia, Slovakia and Slovenia until June 30. Japan marks its 20th anniversary of establishing diplomatic relations with Croatia and Slovakia. The 20th anniversary with Slovenia was celebrated last year.

** Pic **
Old 06-20-2013, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko have met with Zoran Milanović, Prime Minister of Croatia, in Zagreb, Croatia, today, June 20:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** vecernji.hr gallery ** dalmacijanews.com gallery **

On today's programme have also been a visit to Zagreb cathedral and one to a fish market:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery **
Old 06-21-2013, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday evening, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko attended a concert together with Croatian President Ivo Josipovic and his wife, marking 20 years of diplomatic relations between Japan and Croatia:

** Pic ** gallery: Zagreb, 20.06.2013 - Princ i princeza Akishino nazocili svecanosti i koncert u KD Lisinski **

Today, June 21, the couple visited a Croatian ethno house called Mother's Tale and a home for elderly and ill people that is supported by donations of the Japanese Government. Later they visited Plitvice Lakes National Park.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** gallery: Otocac, 21.06.2013 - Japanski princ i princeza Akishino u posjeti Domu za starije i nemocne **

** gallery: Plitvice, 21.06.2013 - Japanski princ i princeza Akishino u posjetu Plitvickim jezerima **

** dalmacijanews.com gallery: Japanski princ i princeza posjetili Plitvička jezera (FOTO) **
Old 06-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

On day 3 of their visit, June 22, Akishino and Kiko visited the "Museum of the Neanderthal man from Krapina" in Krapina and the Croatian olive farm Glavinja.

** vecernji.hr gallery: Japanski princ i princeza razgledali krapinske neandertalace **

** gallery: Krapina, 22.06.2013 - Japanski princ i princeza Akishino posjetili su muzej neandertalaca **

** gallery: Dubrovnik, 22.06.2013 - Japanski princ i princeza Akishino posjetili maslinik u Konavlima **

Old 06-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

The final day in Croatia, June 23, was dedicated to the city of Dubrovnik:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** dubrovacki.hr gallery **

** gallery: Dubrovnik, 23.06.2013 - Japanski princ i princeza Akishino u obilasku grada i zidina **

In the afternoon Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko arrived in Slovakia.

They attended a wreath-laying ceremony at the Devin memorial in Bratislava:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 06-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

On the second day in Slovakia, June 24, Akishino and Kiko were received by Slovakian President Ivan Gasparovic and by Slovakian Prime Minister Robert Fico.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **
Old 06-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Today, June 25, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko visited Spissky Hrad castle in Spisske Podhradie and a school for blind and visually impaired children in Levoca, Slovakia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife/gettyimages gallery **
Old 06-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

On their fourth day in Slovakia, June 26, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko planted a flowering cherry tree in Bratislava's Botanical Garden at Comenius University and visited the zoo in Bratislava.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife/gettyimages gallery **

** webnoviny.sk: Obrazom: Japonsk princ dostal medailu a navtvil aj ZOO ** translation **
Old 06-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

The final part of the journey has started today: Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko began a three-day visit to Slovenia today, June 27, by meeting host President Borut Pahor at Strmol castle and Speaker of Parliament Janko Veber. They also toured the centre of the capital Ljubljana and attended the opening concert of the Ljubljana Festival.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife/gettyimages gallery **

** demotix gallery: Prince and Princess Akishino of Japan visit Slovenia ** foto.sta.si gallery **
Old 06-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Today, June 28, Akishino and Kiko visited the Castle Gewerkeneg and the Lace school in Idrija as part of their tour in Slovenia. They visited the University of Ljubljana to meet the chancellor and students of Japanese studies, as well as the world-famous Postojna Caves.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Tags
akishino, kiko, prince akishino, prince fumihito, princess akishino, princess kiko