Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko Current Events Part 2: November 2006 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko visited the 'Masterworks from the Collections of the Prince of Liechtenstein' exhibition at the National Art Center in Tokyo on December 4, 2012. It's the exhibition Crown Prince Naruhito and Prince Alois of Liechtenstein had opened on October 2nd.

** Pic **

Prince Akishino arrived at Phnom Penh International Airport yesterday evening to attend the royal cremation ceremony of the Late King-Father Samdech Preah Norodom Sihanouk.

** February 3, 2013 **

Today, February 4, he attended the cremation ceremony and attended a meeting with Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen at the Prime Minister's office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko have made a visit to Fukushima prefecture on May 9, 2013, here are some pics of them at the temporary school of Iitate Junior High School and the Fukushima Agricultural Technology Centre:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko departed from Narita airport today, June 19, for an official visit to Croatia, Slovakia and Slovenia until June 30. Japan marks its 20th anniversary of establishing diplomatic relations with Croatia and Slovakia. The 20th anniversary with Slovenia was celebrated last year.

** Pic **

Yesterday evening, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko attended a concert together with Croatian President Ivo Josipovic and his wife, marking 20 years of diplomatic relations between Japan and Croatia:

** Pic ** gallery: Zagreb, 20.06.2013 - Princ i princeza Akishino nazocili svecanosti i koncert u KD Lisinski **

Today, June 21, the couple visited a Croatian ethno house called Mother's Tale and a home for elderly and ill people that is supported by donations of the Japanese Government. Later they visited Plitvice Lakes National Park.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** gallery: Otocac, 21.06.2013 - Japanski princ i princeza Akishino u posjeti Domu za starije i nemocne **

** gallery: Plitvice, 21.06.2013 - Japanski princ i princeza Akishino u posjetu Plitvickim jezerima **

** dalmacijanews.com gallery: Japanski princ i princeza posjetili Plitvička jezera (FOTO) **

The final day in Croatia, June 23, was dedicated to the city of Dubrovnik:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** dubrovacki.hr gallery **

** gallery: Dubrovnik, 23.06.2013 - Japanski princ i princeza Akishino u obilasku grada i zidina **

dubrovniktv.net- Japanese prince Akishino and princess Kiko in Old City of Dubrovnik - YouTube

In the afternoon Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko arrived in Slovakia.

They attended a wreath-laying ceremony at the Devin memorial in Bratislava:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The final part of the journey has started today: Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko began a three-day visit to Slovenia today, June 27, by meeting host President Borut Pahor at Strmol castle and Speaker of Parliament Janko Veber. They also toured the centre of the capital Ljubljana and attended the opening concert of the Ljubljana Festival.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife/gettyimages gallery **

** demotix gallery: Prince and Princess Akishino of Japan visit Slovenia ** foto.sta.si gallery **

Today, June 28, Akishino and Kiko visited the Castle Gewerkeneg and the Lace school in Idrija as part of their tour in Slovenia. They visited the University of Ljubljana to meet the chancellor and students of Japanese studies, as well as the world-famous Postojna Caves.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

I wonder if they bumped into the Earl and Countess of Wessex during their visit since they seem to be going to the same places and meeting the same people.

Prince Akishino and Princess Mako offered flowers at the monument marking ground zero in the 1945 atomic bombing of Nagasaki at Peace Park in Nagasaki City on July 30, 2013.

** Pic **

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko made a visit to the Sand Museum in Tottori on October 9, 2013.

** Pic **

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko attended the reception for the 54th Convention of Nikkei and Japanese Abroad in Tokyo on October 29, 2013. The 180 of 'Nikkei,' Japanese or their decedants who live in other countries, from 24 countries in North and South Americas attended the convention.

** Pic ** gallery ** noticiasnippon article ** translation **

Princess Kiko as Honorary Vice President of the Japan Red Cross Society visited a blood donation center in Miyazaki on November 13, 2013.

** Pic **

Prince Akishino celebrates his 48th birthday today November 30, 2013, therefore a couple of new family pics taken on November 16 have been released and Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko held a press conference yesterday.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** mainichi.jp: Prince Akishino turns 48, sees time with emperor, crown prince fruitful **

秋篠宮さま、48歳の誕生日 悠仁さまの成長への期待述べられる(13/11/30) - YouTube

秋篠宮さま48歳の誕生日 陛下や娘への思い語る(13/11/30) - YouTube

Amaryllus:
That was my first thought when I saw the picture, his life is going to be very hard indeed as he gets older.

He is very much loved that's the main thing !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom