Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko Current Events Part 2: November 2006 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elspeth

Former Moderator
City
Country
United States
Welcome to part 2 of the thread for discussion of the current events of Prince and Princess Akishino. Please ensure that all photo posting complies with our rules.

The previous thread is here.

Article from HELLO about Prince Hisahito from Nov. 14, 2006.
....The visit to the Shinto shrine in the grounds of Tokyo's Imperial Palace was part of a traditional ceremony for royal babies aimed at promoting healthy growth. Hisahito - who slept through his public debut when he was just nine days old - delighted onlookers as he smiled happily in the arms of his proud mother....
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/11/15/japan-hisahito/

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko together performed an official duty today on Nov. 16, 2006.

Photo from Mainichi news

Video from TBS news

Last edited:
mandyy said:
Article from HELLO about Prince Hisahito from Nov. 14, 2006.
....The visit to the Shinto shrine in the grounds of Tokyo's Imperial Palace was part of a traditional ceremony for royal babies aimed at promoting healthy growth. Hisahito - who slept through his public debut when he was just nine days old - delighted onlookers as he smiled happily in the arms of his proud mother....
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/11/15/japan-hisahito/

Awww, he's so adorable! Akishino and Kiko look so proud and happy. :flowers:

____________________________________________________________________________________________

mandyy said:
Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko together performed an official duty today on Nov. 16, 2006.

Photo from Mainichi news

I love the color of her dress... very pretty!

Official birthday photos of Prince Akishino and his family.
from Kunaicho
http://www.kunaicho.go.jp/akishino/akishino18-1112.html

Prince Akishino celebrates his 41st b-day on Nov. 30, 2006.
Prince Akishino turns 41, concerned about his busy parents

Referring to his son, Prince Akishino said the now nearly 3-month-old is growing steadily. "He sleeps a lot, cries a lot and smiles a lot. He is drinking a lot of breast milk, too." Prince Akishino said he and Princess Kiko will treat their son, a potential future emperor, the same way as their two daughters Princess Mako, 15, and Princess Kako, 11, who are not eligible to ascend the throne under Japan's male-only imperial succession law........Prince Akishino, meanwhile, ruled out the possibility of having a fourth child at this time.

In a sign of his healthy growth, the new prince has begun smiling as if in response when his father and sisters cradle and talk to him, according to the parents. He also gazes at toys and follows things in motion with his eyes, they said. "He sometimes dozes off with a pleased look on his face while listening to his father play the guitar," Princess Kiko said.
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/061129/kyodo/d8lmuig01.html

Last edited:
the baby is adorable, the young girl is kako? she look very very sah, especialy in her eyes, at last the big girl is dressed like a women and don't like a girl.

the baby is adorable....however....i find Kako looking kind of sad in her eyes...well...at least she's not smiling in the pics.......

Akishino and Kiko looks really happy and a proud parent of their newborn son...

Videos about Prince Akishino's 41st b-day (will expire soon)
FNN news
NNN news
TBS news

Larger photos from Polfoto and JIJI press
Photo from the press interview held on Nov. 24, 2006.
from Mainichi news

Prince Hisahito looks very cute smiling to his father. I think Hisahito looks a lot like Prince Akishino than Princess Kiko.

Last edited:
Mako is very pretty, and she looks so grown-up in the pictures. Little Hisahito is adorable. I don't think Kako looks sad, maybe just a little shy.

I thknk both girls look sad...I don't recall seeing them smile in photos...really smile.....

Hmmm...The girls are supposed to be sad for they have a baby brother and not a baby sister...isn't it? I think I wouldn't be a boy nowadays! :D

Well, I think that these two girls ALWAYS had sad eyes...Long before we knew that Princesse Kiko was waiting a new baby, we discussed the same topic here, and we remarked that Princess Aiko had a little sad face too. But now, people will start to said: "She has a sad face for she knows she'll never be an Empress and for in her family, boys are more important than girls" :lol: I think the three Princesses has this sad faces for they are SHY. We discussed it many, many times. One of them was when Princess Mako was visiting Austria...Did you remember it?

Oh, by the way, Prince Hisahito is a beatiful baby boy.

Vanesa.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is a teenager. She grew up very fast. It seems it was yesterday when she was a little girl. :sad:

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
She is a teenager. She grew up very fast. It seems it was yesterday when she was a little girl. :sad:

Vanesa.

I'm the same age as Mako :D but ... i guess she has to look more mature as she's a princess while I'm a lowly commonerr. hahahahha.

Maybe...But I'm 34 now, and in May I will be 35! In five more years I will be a 40 years old lady! :cry: I was a grown up person when princesses Mako and Kao were born, so...:rolleyes: :cool:

Vanesa.

LEAD: 'Inochi (life)' chosen for character of the year marked by birth, suicides
"Inochi," meaning "life," has been chosen in a poll for the kanji character of 2006, a year marked by the birth of the first grandson of the emperor, a series of reported student suicides related to bullying, and a number of child abuse cases, the Japan Kanji Aptitude Testing Foundation announced Tuesday........A total of 92,509 entries were made this year with 8,363 for "inochi," also read "myo" and "mei," followed by 3,793 for "yu," also read "hisa," as used in the first of the two kanji of the newborn prince's name........
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/061212/kyodo/d8lv7q7g1.html

Princess Kiko brought Prince Hisahito to Aiiku Hospital today (Dec. 20) for a check up and this is also the first time Hisahito received a needle shot there.

Video from NNN news

LEAD: Ceremony wishing Prince Hisahito's good health held

(Kyodo) _ (EDS: RECASTING)
A ceremony to wish Prince Hisahito, the son of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko, good health was held Saturday to mark the 130th day since his birth in September.
During the "Ohashizome" ceremony, or the first feeding by chopsticks, held at Prince Akishino's Residence in Tokyo, chopsticks were dipped in red bean porridge on a small wooden table and then held to his mouth, according to the Imperial Household Agency. Also placed on the wooden table were two blue rocks and a salted redwing sea robin. The ceremony, which capped several celebratory events since the prince's birth, took only a few minutes...........
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/070113/kyodo/d8mk5itg0.html

Prince Akishino visiting a cow museum in Iwate Prefectureon Jan. 21, 2007.

Photo from The web Iwate nippon

A cow museum? So the one in the photo would be a stuffed specimen?

Princess Kiko (R) holds Prince Hisahito during a family outing to Shiosai Park in Hayama, in Kanagawa prefecture in suburban Tokyo, 03 February 2007. The family is here for a short vacation.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

More from yahoo/reuters

Japan's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos
http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070203/ids_photos_wl/r4231183104.jpg

Last edited:
A fantastic and beautiful little boy. Very, very charming!!

More photos from Yahoo of the Akishino's family outing (including Prince Hisahito) at Shiosai Park in Hayama on Feb. 3, 2007.

Photos from JIJI press

Last edited:
the baby is adorable! he is so big, I feel a bit bad for the girls, but is the first time that I see they with a big smille in their faces!

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a resemblance between Princess Mako and Orlando Bloom?

Elspeth said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else see a resemblance between Princess Mako and Orlando Bloom?

You know, I think it's just you. :lol:

I really can't see a resemblance, but maybe someone else will.

I think it's the set of the mouth and the sad eyes. If you gave Legolas black hair, it'd be easier to see.

BBC Media Selector

Video from the BBC showing little Prince Hisahito out and about with his parents and sisters.

Aww, Prince Hisahito is a beautiful and cute baby! He's growing a little bit! :) ;)

doesn't little prince adorable??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom