Presentation of Prince Hisahito: Sept. 15, 2006.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually like Akishino's hair, but I tend to like longer hair. What I really like about these pictures, though, is the genuine smile on both his and Kiko's faces. I know they are reserved people, but it's so nice to see the big smiles and happiness over the birth of their son.

I see pure joy in the eyes of both the prince and the princess that have new son . I can't wait it see the little prince grow up and he has a lot of hair by the way.

Aww, I'm very happy for the Japanese Royal Family!
He does have a lot of hair. Too bad they wouldn't let us see his tiny face.

This is great, Prince Hisahito has lot and long hair, I know Japanese will cut their baby hair to make a brush and give to baby when they grow up, good brush means good luck (I think), he may be a great leader in the future. :flowers: Prince Akishino's hair gene is so strong:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
#1: Princess Kiko and Prince Hisahito made it to the cover of this week's "shukan josei" (image from www.shufu.co.jp)
#2: Asahi has a special edition magazine that features the birth of Prince Hisahito
image from asahi.com
#3: The current issue of Point De Vue also covers the Prince's birth-image from pointdevue.fr
#4: Yomiuri Weekly's coverage of the Prince's birth-from www.yuko2ch.net

Last edited:
Next Star said:
I see pure joy in the eyes of both the prince and the princess that have new son . I can't wait it see the little prince grow up and he has a lot of hair by the way.

Yes, I noticed this too. Almost every picture I see of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko they seem to genuinely connect and love each other deeply. I have seen some early pictures and news cast of their courting, wedding, and the growth of their family and they seem very happy together.

There is a video shot of princess kiko in a green dress with ruffles she and Prince Akishino are entering a building and she to gently grasps his arm (elbow) to alight the stairs. I thought that this was nice.

Also, almost every birthday that Prince Akishino has and he speaks to reporters she is with him.

I don't know ... but I really don't see the negative character traits of Prince Akishino that some have mentioned here.

Well, he does look a little... eh... smug, while Kiko looks so demure. But I'm sure they still can love each other.

Let's face it, we only get an image what they really are we don't know

They do look very happy, and I agree Akishino needs to do something with his hair, cut it, dye it...it looks goofy hanging in his eyes. His hair is longer than his wife's. :lol:

I have to say Kiko looks very good considering she just had a baby... and I can't believe she's 40 - she does not look it.

Thanks to those who provided link to videos - very interesting to watch. I never really knew (or heard) much about the Japanese Royal Family until this controversy about a male heir came about. These videos give a nice glimpse into their personal lives. Kiko does come across as a very traditional type of wife - supportive, bashful, and yes demure.

Last edited:
The newest edition of the "Our Imperial Family" magazine released on Sept. 26 features the birth of Prince Hisahito.
#2: The English tabel of contents
images from http://www.fusosha.co.jp/
2006093lb1.jpg

Other magazines also features the little prince's birth
images from www.yuko2ch.net

rchat said:
I agree Akishino needs to do something with his hair, cut it, dye it...it looks goofy hanging in his eyes. His hair is longer than his wife's.

It just looks weird for someone over 40 to have hair like that, and to to be blunt, the grey just just creeps me out and it does not help with his image, from my point of view.

bekalc said:
Maybe the "second" Prince is kind of happy that he has a son and did something his brother couldn't do. Okay. But the second son has probably lived in his brother's shadow for his entire life, and that cannot be a fun experience to be the aftermind. So hey doing something your brother couldn't do would probably make anyone happy. Plus, maybe he wants to be emperor and doesn't like the idea of the rules midstream.

True, but one does not have to make a "delicate" situation even worse for the CP couple. I also hate that sumg look that Akishino always "seems" to have every time I see a picture or a video with him in it. As for Kiko, I dont blame her for wanting to give her husband a son, seeing what had happen to Masako. I just wish that Akishino wouldn't rub CP Naruhito's nose in what he could do and what CP Naruhito could not do. I'm still hope full for a change in the system...but when worse comes to worse I wish that the CP couple would have a son and that would be the end of the story.

Last edited:
dragonsfire8 said:
It just looks weird for someone over 40 to have hair like that, and to to be blunt, the grey just just creeps me out and it does not help with his image, from my point of view.

True, but one does not have to make a "delicate" situation even worse for the CP couple. I also hate that sumg look that Akishino always "seems" to have every time I see a picture or a video with him in it. As for Kiko, I dont blame her for wanting to give her husband a son, seeing what had happen to Masako. I just wish that Akishino wouldn't rub CP Naruhito's nose in what he could do and what CP Naruhito could not do. I'm still hope full for a change in the system...but when worse comes to worse I wish that the CP couple would have a son and that would be the end of the story.

Who says that Akishino is rubbing Naruhito's nose. That's you looking at a couple of pictures and interperting things your way...Reports are that the Crown Princess has been doing better since the birth of her nephew, its relieved a strain of her back.
2. Akishino and Kiko for a long time wanted more children, but the Emperor asked them to stop because the Crown Prince and Princess were childless. Than, after Aiko, both couples were asked to try again. So for a long time Kiko and Akishino wanted more kids. Can you imagine how it would feel to be told to stop having kids because your older brother can't have any?

bekalc said:
2. Akishino and Kiko for a long time wanted more children, but the Emperor asked them to stop because the Crown Prince and Princess were childless. Than, after Aiko, both couples were asked to try again. So for a long time Kiko and Akishino wanted more kids. Can you imagine how it would feel to be told to stop having kids because your older brother can't have any?
Do you have a source on this? Isn't this just a rumour?

It would have been more logical if Akishino and Kiko were encouraged to produce at least one son, so that the succession would have been secured. Then Naruhito and Masako wouldn't have felt this enormous pressure to produce an heir. My guess is that Kiko didn't want any more children at the time.

Back
Top Bottom