Princess Elisabetta and Prince Amedeo expecting their first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations to the couple :flowers: Amazing that they managed to hide it eight months.

Who are the other 2 royal babies due in May???? I guess Sofia could have hers in May though she is due in April. Who am I missing?

I think it was about new babies in the Parmese Ducal Family. Prince Jaime and Princess Viktória are expecting their second child in April/ May and Prince Carlos and Princess Annemarie's third child together is due in May ;)

:w00t:Congratulations to the proud soon-to-be parents and their families!! :clap::rose2:

Congratulations to future parents, grandparents and great-grandparents!

That was a lovely surprise! Congratulations to Prince Amedeo and Princess Elisabetta. :flowers:

Amedeo's children won't be royal actually (at least not in Belgium; they may be considered royal in the now deposed House of Austria). Since the baby won't be a prince/princess of Belgium, I believe the royal court of Belgium cionsidered Lili's pregnancy to be a private matter. Hence, the lack of an early public announcement, I guess.

The baby is certainly royal on the Austrian side, even if the titles are only. Like Amadeo was when he was born, his son or daughter will be both an imperial and royal highness as an Archduke/chess of Austria. The Austrian royals tend to make the news often enough. Look at the pregnancies of the wives of Imre and Christophe for instance. It is a bit surprising this one flew under the radar as long as it did.

The baby is certainly royal on the Austrian side, even if the titles are only. Like Amadeo was when he was born, his son or daughter will be both an imperial and royal highness as an Archduke/chess of Austria. The Austrian royals tend to make the news often enough. Look at the pregnancies of the wives of Imre and Christophe for instance. It is a bit surprising this one flew under the radar as long as it did.

I agree that his children will be HI&RH in their cadet branch of the House of Austria. However, their dynastic titles are not legally recognized in any of the countries where the family claims to hold those titles (Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Italy, etc). Officially, Amedeo's children will be "pretense royals" only. Amedeo himself and his parents and sublings are in a different category as they actually hold legallly sanctioned
titles of prince or princess in Belgium.

Last edited:
We don't know anything about the other Archduke Otto's great grandchilden.

We know about AD Carl Christian because he married a Princess of Luxembourg
We know about AD Lorenz because he married a Princess of Belgium

I agree that his children will be HI&RH in their cadet branch of the House of Austria. However, their dynastic titles are not legally recognized in any of the countries where the family claims to hold those titles (Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Italy, etc). Officially, Amedeo's children will be "pretense royals" only. Amedeo himself and his parents and sublings are in a different category as they actually hold legallly sanctioned
titles of prince or princess in Belgium.

Shouldn't they be more than just pretense royals? They will have succession rights to the throne of Belgium now that the King has given his consent to the marriage, am I right?!

Back
Top Bottom