The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Princess Astrid, Archduke Lorenz and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-09-2016, 09:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Magnificent news for Amadeo and Elisabetta! It will be nice to see the choice of names.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Elisabetta and Prince Amedeo expecting their first child

What a lovely surprise to read & on top of the wonderful news of the new little Princess of Jordan from yesterday, it's turning into a very joyful Royal News Cycle this weekend. :) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Is the baby due in May,if so they have kept that very quiet and without any rumours.

No kidding!! IIRC, the last time a Royal kept something like this (really big, but also really personal news at the same time) successfully under wraps, it was the then Crown Prince Felipe's Courtship of the then Letitzia Ortiz. I'm still amazed they were able to keep that so hush hush & no leaks coming out about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I think that this was from her last appearance shortly before Christmas. She looked 'maybe pregnant'. Now we know that she was.
Prince Amedeo and Princess Elisabetta, News and Events Part 1, July 2014- present

The number of royal babies right know is exciting.

That it is. Speaking of Cycles, we're in the Cycle of the young Royals either starting or adding to their Families and it is lovely to watch all these little Sweeties enter our World. :)

Even though Amedeo and Elisabetta aren't Senior Members of the Belgian RF, considering all that has happened the last couple of weeks, this is news of the kind the People of Brussels and Belgium really need now. Something happy & to celebrate over. :)

Congratulations to the soon to be Parents, Grandparents & Families!!! :) :) :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 04-10-2016, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Amedeo and Elisabetta!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilse View Post
Il s'agira du premier petit-enfant pour la princesse Astrid et le prince Lorenz, ainsi que le premier arrière-petit-enfant pour le roi Albert et la reine Paola.
The baby will also be the first great-grandchild for Amedeo's paternal grandmother, Archduchess Margherita of Austria-Este.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Will it also be the first grandchild for the maternal grandparents-to-be and the first great-grandchild for the maternal great-grandparents-to-be?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes, it will be also the first grandchild for Ettore and Lilia Rosboch, since Elisabetta is their only child IIRC.
As for Elisabetta's grandparents, I believe they are all dead by now.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Wonderful news and congratulation to the couple. Cant wait for the new arrival!

But I don't understand why the announcement would come one mont before the due date? Why announce it then. I thought it was a bit weird to do so so late.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

But I don't understand why the announcement would come one mont before the due date? Why announce it then. I thought it was a bit weird to do so so late.
Yes it seems we have all been taken by surprise and keen to find out how they kept it such a royal baby secret!
Old 04-10-2016, 07:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Yes it seems we have all been taken by surprise and keen to find out how they kept it such a royal baby secret!
Amedeo's children won't be royal actually (at least not in Belgium; they may be considered royal in the now deposed House of Austria). Since the baby won't be a prince/princess of Belgium, I believe the royal court of Belgium cionsidered Lili's pregnancy to be a private matter. Hence, the lack of an early public announcement, I guess.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

I don't think that it was a proper planned announcement. Rather the press got wind of it, inquired at the palace, and they confirmed. If the press hadn't inquired, they'd probably had kept it secret till after the birth.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

The announcement on TV was Carnet Rose the end : carnet rose also a Boy for Julie Taton (ex Miss Belgium).
Old 04-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Congratulations to the couple Amazing that they managed to hide it eight months.

Who are the other 2 royal babies due in May???? I guess Sofia could have hers in May though she is due in April. Who am I missing?
I think it was about new babies in the Parmese Ducal Family. Prince Jaime and Princess Viktória are expecting their second child in April/ May and Prince Carlos and Princess Annemarie's third child together is due in May
Old 04-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to the proud soon-to-be parents and their families!!
Old 04-13-2016, 01:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to future parents, grandparents and great-grandparents!
Old 04-15-2016, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

That was a lovely surprise! Congratulations to Prince Amedeo and Princess Elisabetta.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-15-2016, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Amedeo's children won't be royal actually (at least not in Belgium; they may be considered royal in the now deposed House of Austria). Since the baby won't be a prince/princess of Belgium, I believe the royal court of Belgium cionsidered Lili's pregnancy to be a private matter. Hence, the lack of an early public announcement, I guess.
The baby is certainly royal on the Austrian side, even if the titles are only. Like Amadeo was when he was born, his son or daughter will be both an imperial and royal highness as an Archduke/chess of Austria. The Austrian royals tend to make the news often enough. Look at the pregnancies of the wives of Imre and Christophe for instance. It is a bit surprising this one flew under the radar as long as it did.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The baby is certainly royal on the Austrian side, even if the titles are only. Like Amadeo was when he was born, his son or daughter will be both an imperial and royal highness as an Archduke/chess of Austria. The Austrian royals tend to make the news often enough. Look at the pregnancies of the wives of Imre and Christophe for instance. It is a bit surprising this one flew under the radar as long as it did.

I agree that his children will be HI&RH in their cadet branch of the House of Austria. However, their dynastic titles are not legally recognized in any of the countries where the family claims to hold those titles (Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Italy, etc). Officially, Amedeo's children will be "pretense royals" only. Amedeo himself and his parents and sublings are in a different category as they actually hold legallly sanctioned
titles of prince or princess in Belgium.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

We don't know anything about the other Archduke Otto's great grandchilden.

We know about AD Carl Christian because he married a Princess of Luxembourg
We know about AD Lorenz because he married a Princess of Belgium
Old 04-17-2016, 10:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I agree that his children will be HI&RH in their cadet branch of the House of Austria. However, their dynastic titles are not legally recognized in any of the countries where the family claims to hold those titles (Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Italy, etc). Officially, Amedeo's children will be "pretense royals" only. Amedeo himself and his parents and sublings are in a different category as they actually hold legallly sanctioned
titles of prince or princess in Belgium.

Shouldn't they be more than just pretense royals? They will have succession rights to the throne of Belgium now that the King has given his consent to the marriage, am I right?!