The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Princess Astrid, Archduke Lorenz and their family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Amedeo can become king only after the death of all tthe descendants of Philippe and Mathilde, and of his mother Astrid. (so, I hope that he doesn't become King)
About Gabriel and Emmanuel marrying foreign future Queens, it depends from the law of the Countries of the wives: some countries forbids the personal unions with another State, so I guess the Prince would have to renounce to his rights to the belgian Throne.

Visa romanisering
Something I have been thinking about is why Baudouin
changed its rules so that women can also become queen of Belgium. Yes, I think he changed because he thought that Astrid would become queen and her eldest son Amedeo would be king. What do you think??

Old 12-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

No , during King Baudouin's reign ,Prince Philippe was not married.. If he should die at that time, Astrid who did an extraordinary wedding ,would the Queen and Amadeo was the heir. So they changed the law.
Now Philppe is married and has 4 children, and normally Astrid should never be Queen. An Archiduke of Habsbourg cannot be a Prince Consort and cannot make an end to his important job. He is the only belgian royal of his generation who is working..
King Baudouin knew quite well that Laurent did not want to be King.
It is a bit early to speak about small children 's wedding.
To all who are so interested in the future of our princes , best wishes for 2010.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessshacha View Post
Visa romanisering
Something I have been thinking about is why Baudouin
changed its rules so that women can also become queen of Belgium. Yes, I think he changed because he thought that Astrid would become queen and her eldest son Amedeo would be king. What do you think??
As maria-olivia says, this is only true insofar that King Baudouin wanted to make sure the line of succession didn't end at Prince Laurent. Not necessarily because he didn't want Prince Laurent to become King, but more because Princess Astrid was married and had children, so in the event that Philippe would not get married, the crown would be passed down to the next generation, and there was a future for the monarchy.

Now Prince Philippe has four children, it is fairly obvious his children will be the future of the monarchy. Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent will continue to carry out their role in the monarchy when Philippe becomes King, but their children will not. They are all being educated and trained to work and earn themselves a living, they will have no significance for the Belgian Monarchy, other than that they are somewhere in line for the throne and thus there will always be a monarch for Belgium somewhere.

As for the question "what if they marry", this can only be answered when that happens, as there is no precedent. So let's please not dwell on that.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:02 AM
Courtier

Did Archduke Lorenz become a naturalized citizen of Belgium when he became the Prince of Belgium?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know how many godchildren does Princess Astrid have?, As much as i know she the godmother to Prince Sebastien of Luxembourg and Prince Gaston of France.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know that my question may be stupid, but are there plans, where Astrid and family will be buried? Will it be Laeken or Vienna or somewhere else?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Nothing has been said about it, but if they keep living in Belgium it is likely they will be burried there.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Courtier

At crown princess Victoria wedding Lorenz and Astrid were considered "only" Royal Hignesses, is that normal?
Old 06-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Commoner

During a supper the King has addressed - your Imperial Highnesses. There there were Naruhito, Lorentz and Astrid.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Look at the written speech, it's written "Your Imperial Highness". And on the guest list they were styled H.R.H.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I think it is because Astrid and Lorenz only official title is Royal Highness, as Princes of Belgium; but their Austrian and Italian titles (Archduke and Archduchess of Austria-Este, Duke and Duchess of Modena and Reggio) are just courtesy titles, and not offocially recognized in any State.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:11 PM
Courtier

Didn't Belgium seem to recognize them? Don't they style Astrid HI&RH on their website?
Old 08-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are there any pictures existing where the children of Astrid and Lorenz are together with the paternal grandparents?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I remember to have seen some pictures taken at Amedeo's 18th birthday of Lorenz and Astrid's children with Archduchess Margherita.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Are there any pictures existing where the children of Astrid and Lorenz are together with the paternal grandparents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
I remember to have seen some pictures taken at Amedeo's 18th birthday of Lorenz and Astrid's children with Archduchess Margherita.
As MAfan said there are some pictures of Archduchess Margherita on Amedeo"s 18th birthday which was 6 years ago. There is a picture of Archduke Robert with Archduke Lorenz, Princess Astrid, Prince Albert and Princess Paola of Belgium (now King and Queen of Belgium), and Prince Amedeo in the hospital, after Amedeo"s birth, he was just a few hours/days/weeks old.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Astrid and Lorenz are the most high-titled of all the Royal Families in Europe.
They are RR and I HH of Habsbourg-Este and RRHH Princes of Belgium.
An Habsbourg is son- un- law of a reigning King !
Lorenz is the only member of the RF who is working and he uses several names, Archiduc of Austria-Este , Prince of Belgium or Duc de Bar.
I wonder what name his son Amedeo uses in his new job in the US ?
Old 11-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikha Pal View Post
I have a question, is this the villa in which Princess Astrid and Her family lives in ? : http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...ad/1617394.jpg
One more question : does anyone know how many rooms does Princess Astrid"s villa have?
Old 08-11-2013, 06:36 PM

Does any of Princess Astrid children have boyfriend/girlfriend (s)?

Does any of Princess Astrid older children have boyfriend/girlfriend (s).
Old 08-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

We will not know until they get engaged, I suppose.

Tags
princess astrid children