Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz's Other Children - News and Events part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A nanny has brought Princess Laetitia Maria to her first schoolday after
the summer break this year, at Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege in Brussels,
Belgium, 01 September 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Is she going to the same school as her cousins?
I think it's rather mean that Astrid nor Lorenz could take their own daughter to her first day of school, the poor girl must be scared.

Yes, she goes to the same school. But I don't think she looked scared, a
nanny always is a very close person and at the age of 7 I think it's totally
okay that this decision has been made.

I think it's rather mean that Astrid nor Lorenz could take their own daughter to her first day of school, the poor girl must be scared.

She doesn't look too scared... And after all, it is back to school. ;) I guess this is her third year already?

I htink this must be her fourth year. In Belgium they start school at age of 2.5 and she is 7years.

Normally Astrid or Lorenz always bring her but she must have had other duties today.
For me she does not looks scared at all, she is not used to the camera's so therefor you may have the feeling she is scared.

I didn't know she was going "back" to school, when reading Iceflowers first post and it said "her first school day after the holidays" I thought it was her first day.
I said she "must be scared" not that she looked scared.
But I would rather have my Aunt take me to school than my nanny.

The little princess is so cute and I find these pics interesting, I always wondered how royal nannies looked like. But for Astrid and Lorenz it has been such a very infortunate decision due to the criticism on the issue they have already received. The duties excuse it's not enough for me.

Astrid and Lorenz couldn't bring their daughter because they are in England. Luisa-Maria is 15 and just like her brother Amedeo she will attend a boarding school abroad. I guess she will also join at the Sevenoaks School in Kent not so far away from London.

So Louisa-Maria and Joachim are now studying in England.
Amedeo is is New York and Maria-Laura? The last news I heard is that she was studying in Paris. Nut not sure it that is true.

I indeed think that Luisa Maria is registered in another school than Sint-Jan Berchmanscollege as was him(her) Amedeo, Maria-Laura and Joachim in 15 years...

I think that Joachim must be registered on the military royal school this year...

As for Maria-Laura, she was, last year, registered on the INALCO(ORIENTAL LANGUAGES INSTITUTE) in Paris...

Because of her studies I think Maria Laura live for long periods in China as well.

:previous: I thinks she lives in Paris. Which school does Princess Luisa Maria study in?

The court announced today that Prince Joachim wil start his military career in November.
He is enlisted on November 16 at the "Southern Center for Basic Education and Training" in Arlon, where he follows the military basic training with young people who opted for a "Voluntary Military Incorporation" (better known as "Voluntary Military Service"). After this prince Joachim follows a training duty officer on the bridge at "the Nautical School of the Navy" in Bruges.

:previous: Thank you for the Great news Stephanievl! .Its so cool that he is joining the military!. By the way is he joining the Army or Navy or the Air force?

Prince Joachim arriving at the base General Bastin, the South Belgian center
for military training, in Stockem, Arlon, Tuesday 16 November 2010. Princess
Astrid and Belgian Defence Minister Pieter De Crem attended the conscription.
Prince Lorenz was expected to be there as well, maybe pics will be added later on.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
That has indeed been eye-catching :). As to certain (stupid) prejudices
concerning that colour, it shows a kind of self-confindence that he followed
his own fashion taste and nothing else...Likeable!

Thanks to Prince Joachim, in this period so hard for Belgium, to have made us so much laugh.

Priceless.

These handout pictures released on 23 December 2010 by the Belgian Defence
Service show Prince Joachim and his colleagues at a training during their voluntary
military service formation (vrijwillige militaire inzet - servici militaire volontaire),
in Kamp Lagland - Camp Lagland, in Luxembourg province.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
Very nice to see the prince in the army with his colleagues.

Prince Joachim attended a commemoration ceremony for the Belgian victims of World War I
and II at the Cenotaph in Whitehall, London, Sunday 17 July 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

July 29th, Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz, Prince Amedeo, Princess Maria Laura and Princess Laetitia will attend the ceremony of the end of session during which the patent(certificate) of navigation and officer of the watch in the footbridge is put back(handed) to Prince Joachim in the term of its training(formation) to Marine. The ceremony takes place aboard the Ship of Command and Logistic backup " Godetia " in the Naval base of Zeebrugge.
Sorry for the bad quality of my English

:previous:

Prince Joachim has finished his training on the Belgian navy ship Godetia. Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz,
Prince Amedeo, Princess Maria Laura and Princess Laetitia attended the graduation ceremony in Zeebrugge,
July 29.

** isopix gallery **

:previous:

Prince Joachim has finished his training on the Belgian navy ship Godetia. Princess Astrid, Prince Lorenz,
Prince Amedeo, Princess Maria Laura and Princess Laetitia attended the graduation ceremony in Zeebrugge,
July 29.

** isopix gallery **

I noticed that Prince Joachim has "van Belgie" on his nameplate on his jacket but "de Belgique" on his mess (?) uniform. Is it usual for names to be in both Flemish and French? I thought Amedeo and his siblings only went by de Belgique...

Last edited:
Aliocha - your French is practically flawless, so no worries on that account :))

Back
Top Bottom