Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz of Belgium Current Events 4, April 2019- present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today, December 18, Princess Astrid presented the National Trophy of Sports Merit 2019 in Brussels:

** belga gallery **

Princess Astrid attended the presentation of the Generet Prize today, January 16:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks JR76 for correcting kindly my post.
I have been on several Royal events in Belgum where Royals are guests and mostly people remain sitting .
But when there is a Concert at the Beaux Arts , the whole attendence is standing when a Royal enters in the Royal "Loge" It depends from te Public
No Bows and curtseys as we saw for the Danish New Year.

Everyone remains sitting when Princess Astrid enters the room.

I assumed as much but the people in the photo don’t particularly look able to stand.

Last edited:
It is fine that Prince Lorenz was there too.
Pater Damiaan is a Belgian Saint. I think the only one ?
Pater Damiaan went to the Island of Molokai to help the Leper. He died fimself from Leprosy;

Last edited:

It is lovely to see Prince Lorenz participate; I cannot recall the last time he accompanied the princess on an official visit. They seem to be enjoying themselves.

It is disappointing that his participation was omitted from the court calendar. It felt extreme when the King removed his brother- and sister-in-laws' biographies from the royal family website, and perhaps the handling of the court calendar is part of the same interpretation.

https://www.monarchie.be/nl/agenda/bezoek-aan-het-gezondheidsproject-van-damiaanactie-in-nepal

It is lovely to see Prince Lorenz participate; I cannot recall the last time he accompanied the princess on an official visit. They seem to be enjoying themselves.

It is disappointing that his participation was omitted from the court calendar. It felt extreme when the King removed his brother- and sister-in-laws' biographies from the royal family website, and perhaps the handling of the court calendar is part of the same interpretation.

https://www.monarchie.be/nl/agenda/bezoek-aan-het-gezondheidsproject-van-damiaanactie-in-nepal

That's news to me. When did that happen?

Wishing Princess Astrid, Archduchess of Austria Este well and hope it wasn't a nasty fall.

That sounds pretty bad. Hopefully it won't have long lasting effects.

Oh dear, just like her mother a few years ago.
Well, I don't know if Queen Paola was playing sports at the time, but she also broke a vertebra in a fall.
I wish Princes Astrid a good recovery.

To day , Funerals of Count Riprand d' Arco Z . I suppose Prince Lorenz will attend,
The Count Mother in law is still alive !

To day , Funerals of Count Riprand d' Arco Z . I suppose Prince Lorenz will attend,
The Count Mother in law is still alive !

Prince Joachim attended the funeral and acted as a cross bearer during the ceremony. Prince Lorenz was at the wedding of Princess Maria Annunciata of Lichtenstein in Vienna on the same day together with Princess Laetitia Maria.

Prince Joachim attended the funeral and acted as a cross bearer during the ceremony. Prince Lorenz was at the wedding of Princess Maria Annunciata of Lichtenstein in Vienna on the same day together with Princess Laetitia Maria.

The funeral was not the same day as the Wedding. It was on Wednesday as stated in this article. https://www.idowa.de/inhalt.wuerdev...erg.b8cf2a93-1892-4613-91f2-b3428ad623d1.html

But it was a small funeral with only the closest Family attending. There will be later a Requiem at the Theatinerchurch in Munich.

Back
Top Bottom